Thailand's police chief confident Bangkok protesters controllable

webfact

Police chief confident protesters controllable
By English News

1375671724711.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 5 - Thailand’s National Police commander Adul Saengsingkaew has given reassurances that police forces will be on full alert to keep public order especially on Wednesday when the amnesty bill is slated for parliamentary debate.

Police personnel have been deployed at Government House, Parliament House and key buildings in Bangkok’s old town while police were instructed to deal with demonstrators in accord with legal procedure, from leniency to harsh treatment.

Three major districts in the old quarter of the capital – Phra Nakhon, Pomprap Satrupai and Dusit – have been declared off-limits to political protests or rallies under the Internal Security Act (ISA) during August 1-10.

The anti-government People’s Army against the Thaksin Regime, however, chose to stage a rally at Lumpini Park yesterday and planned to scatter to other significant spots such as the US embassy, the Chinese embassy and the United Nations building today.

Police said they would be ready to cope with the situation if the protesters moved to other locations in Bangkok, insisting that they would not be allowed to get close to Parliament House.(MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-05

clap2.gif Funny to see that a country that wants to be a global player, what kind of drugs are they oncheesy.gif , have to follow internal acts of security and declare the state of war and so on to deal with protestors and how many coups de militaire happend since 1946, 15 ones. Is this country not able to install a functional democracy?!

I doubt it because a lot of rich people would loose their influence and wealth! It is a joke if the police always needs the acts of internal security to fulfill their ordinary work like handling protestors but as always no one likes to take reponsibility, even authorities not, behaving themselves like childs will get them a long way to step up with other countries even if some people want to make us believe they already are! Cheerscoffee1.gif

Which Universities and schools of learning offer courses on Protesting? I am keen to get involved but I realize I will need a bachelors degree to get a position and to show the police that I am a bona fida protester, my particular interest is in the evening feasting and drinking with a particlar passion for burgers and local Thai spiritsrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Which Universities and schools of learning offer courses on Protesting? I am keen to get involved but I realize I will need a bachelors degree to get a position and to show the police that I am a bona fida protester, my particular interest is in the evening feasting and drinking with a particlar passion for burgers and local Thai spiritsrolleyes.gif

No education needed. In fact it is a strike against you just put on a red shirt and do as you please.

• Like 1

I see this in the news page.

Police close 5 roads leading to Parliament, Government House; farmer protesters block Finance Ministry entrance, causing heavy traffic jam /MCOT

Farmer Protesters?

Surely not someone told us on another thread that farmers are now 40% better off and they have new credit cards.

This must be a different group from those at the park.

Wonder how many other groups will see this as a good time to come out and vent their frustrations.

Lucky the police have assured us the public wont be inconvenienced.

• Like 1

clap2.gif Funny to see that a country that wants to be a global player, what kind of drugs are they oncheesy.gif , have to follow internal acts of security and declare the state of war and so on to deal with protestors and how many coups de militaire happend since 1946, 15 ones. Is this country not able to install a functional democracy?!

I doubt it because a lot of rich people would loose their influence and wealth! It is a joke if the police always needs the acts of internal security to fulfill their ordinary work like handling protestors but as always no one likes to take reponsibility, even authorities not, behaving themselves like childs will get them a long way to step up with other countries even if some people want to make us believe they already are! Cheerscoffee1.gif

Sorry, but what does having a democracy have to do with being a 'global player'? Ever hear of a nation called China a little further north on the map? whistling.gif

Remember what happened in the french revolution. if we forget then history may repeat itself.

Would that be so bad?

Liberté, égalité, fraternité, French for "Liberty, equality, fraternity (brotherhood)" Would break the mould and be a first for Thailand.

The French Revolution scared the crap out of the UK pollies and they lightened the press of their feet on the necks of the ordinary folk.

Edited by Bagwan

"The anti-government People’s Army against the Thaksin Regime, however, chose to stage a rally at Lumpini Park yesterday and planned to scatter to other significant spots such as the US embassy, the Chinese embassy and the United Nations building today."

How long is this Mexican-stand-off going to last. Better call in the United Nations, Thaksins' 100B bribes of years past are spent.

Remember what happened in the french revolution. if we forget then history may repeat itself.

Would that be so bad?

Liberté, égalité, fraternité, French for "Liberty, equality, fraternity (brotherhood)" Would break the mould and be a first for Thailand.

The French Revolution scared the crap out of the UK pollies and they lightened the press of their feet on the necks of the ordinary folk.

Does Mampara really think the streets will be filled up to watch a line of people getting their head cut off in the guillotine? If I recall it started off with Royalty.

Edit

I got to thinking it over didn't one of the women say some thing like let them eat cake. How long before we here don't get water on my Burberies. sorry for the spelling.

Edited by hellodolly

Would that be so bad?

Yes, that would be bad. You don't want a Reign of Terror, followed by the installation of dictator-emperor who then launches a continental scale war against his neighbors.

Would that be so bad?

Yes, that would be bad. You don't want a Reign of Terror, followed by the installation of dictator-emperor who then launches a continental scale war against his neighbors.

I think non in thai politics consider a war against his neighbors.

You seem blissfully unaware of the nature of democracy. There actually is not ONE democracy on Earth (although Switzerland comes close thru referenda). The word "demos" means of the people, and the Greeks who invented "demo"cracy used a lottery system to choose representatives at random amongst the citizenry. A system of elections is a popularity contest, not Democracy, and was labelled by the Greeks who witnessed Rome as "Aristocracy", since the Roman senate was exclusively Aristocrats since only the rich or famous could win a popularity contest. I'm guessing you look to the USA as some sort of mythical ideal, despite it being modeled on the Roman Senate. It is no coincidence both Rome and America's Senates were run by aristocratic slaveowners.

And today as well, the US Republic is quite dysfunctional. If you think Republics are "stable", you really don't know history. It's only because of the relative abundance and debt-financed welfare that things are "stable". As soon as the US is forced to live within it's means (no more loans from China for example) then class warfare will break out in force. Or worse if an economic collapse happened there is no religion, ethnicity, or even language (millions cannot speak English, and even amongst English speakers there are vast regional differences, etc.) at this point that unifies Americans.

Countries like Thailand which cannot afford generous debt-financed welfare thus are instable. America is just copying the "Bread and Circuses" Roman model: Constant warfare to keep your citizens distracted, and free bread for all (ever since Clodius Pulcher was elected by promising it), and the system was never reformed until Caesar took over.

Just remember. Iran is a Republic. North Korea is a Republic. Egypt is a Republic. Pakistan is a Republic. Electing politicians is choosing them by popularity and thus is Aristocracy not Democracy, since fame/wealth are required for name-recognition.

• Like 1