Good offline PC strategy games?

britgent

Hi I have been looking at downloading all the age of empires games through steam but am worried that when I go to work offshore I won't be able to play the games without internet connection.

Will I still be able to play offline and any more game suggestions please?

I believe you will be able to play since Steam has a Offline Mode and Age of Empires shouldn't require internet connection to work.

And I'll just any of the Total War games, they aren't like Age of Empires with building houses and stuff though. And if you dont like (really)old games, then the Red Alert series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I turn off my internet, close steam, then restart steam (with no internet connection), I'm still able to play Skyrim. Thus I would assume the same would be true for you playing Age of Empires.

Other good offline strategy games are, as suggested above, the Total war series, they're awesome, although a different style to Age of Empires. The Civilization series is awesome as well, although again, a different style to Age of Empires, as both are turn based (Although Total war you can fight the actual battles yourself).

• 1 month later...

I love the total war series, but my all time favorite is civilization. pick one, they are all good.

Age of empires was big fun playing with a clan.

the Europa Universalis series is fun.

galactic civilizations II for taking over the known universe.

I forgot about the red alert games. they were excellent but that real time action might get tricky for me these days. i'll have to find a place to download it.

I was trying to figure out if I could access my steam account once I get to Thailand, it seems I can. smile.png

Edited by itsadryheat

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...