Truck-Van crash kills 5 factory workers in Pattaya

webfact

these truck drivers are no better than those crazy taxi-van drivers. They all think they are Michael Schumacher and the road is theirs !!!! w00t.gifw00t.gif

Unfortunately it will NEVER change as this is all part of the culture in TH... so who cares... Police ? Government poo yais ? KIDDING...... coffee1.gif

Oh come on ( it happens in every country where vehicles OVER BALANCE )cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The truck 'lost its balance'.

I'm surprised it doesn't say that the 5 people suffered a 'small, minor inconvenience of not being alive due to the balance issues of said vehicle'.

To be fair, trucks can and do tip over. "tipped over", "lost balance" - same same.

Sure they do if overladen or driven without due care & attention!

Owing to a varity of factors this type of occurance is all too common in this country and will remain the same as the authorities do bugger all and the public simply accept this as a way of life.

Mai Pen Rai, aka shit happens. There is little point in feeling symphathy for the injured and those who lost their lives as the people whoes job it is to minimize such incidents are simply to dumb or too lazy to take the appropriate actions. Sad state of affairs indeed.

It appears from the report the deceased and injured were in the van that was hit by the truck. So why no sympathy for them? The driver of the van was apparently minding his own business.

At last someone has managed to express a semblance of sympathy. I wonder if the game of semantics about a truck losing its balance without any expression of sadness would have been played had the victims been farang. A prayer for the deceased.

• Like 1

Sad story, another 5 families in grieving for lost loved ones,

As for the cause? Who knows, the likely factors given the accidents I've read about here in Thailand (no particular order) - 1) fatigue 2) DUI 3) vehicle or vehicles not roadworthy 4) speed 5) driver or drivers distracted for whatever reason 6) over laden vehicle and umpteen more could be added to the list, we'll never know as there's never any follow up (same as here in the UK, even the local papers rarely publish follow up stories)

The fact that the driver of the lorry legged it speaks volumes though.

It took a long time on this thread for someone to start expressing sympathy for the victims. Sad, guys, sad. Who cares about the terminology - we all understand what happened, and that was the fact that innocent people, wonderful people, were killed. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I hope their company does the right thing by them.

The truck 'lost its balance'.

I'm surprised it doesn't say that the 5 people suffered a 'small, minor inconvenience of not being alive due to the balance issues of said vehicle'.

To be fair, trucks can and do tip over. "tipped over", "lost balance" - same same.

Sure they do if overladen or driven without due care & attention!

I was discussing the use of terminology which has got everyone upset, not the cause. No one knows the cause but everyone is speculating that the truck driver is at fault. No matter who is at fault or what happened, the truck did lose balance.

We can speculate on dozens of possible causes.

Accidents can and do happen no matter how much "care & attention" is exercised. I spent 6 months in hospital due to an unavoidable accident (an accident I had no chance of avoiding).

Edited by tropo

The difference is cause and effect. The reporter implies the accident was caused by the truck losing balance while that was actually the effect of some other action.

The reporter can only go on what he sees, and he sees a truck on its side, so at some point it lost balance. He is speculating that the truck lost control and tipped over, causing the accident. I don't see all the need for criticizing his use of terminology.

A lot of people here are assuming that bad truck driving or overloading are the cause. Better to just play it safe and say the truck lost balance.

Maybe the truck had been working very hard and was tired.

So it lay down to rest whistling.gif

This could be next weeks headline