Thailand to use cat bags to entice tourists

webfact

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thousands upon thousands of stray cats in Bangkok which are a health hazard.

Perhaps they could do something about that problem, rather than this pointless tosh?

Doubt you were around at the time of the Witch Trials in medieval Europe whereupon cats were caught and killed, being witches' 'familiar' of choice.

This resulted in the Black Death, caused by the subsequent proliferation of rats, the cats' plat du jour. Som nom bloody na.

Given Bangkok, indeed Thailand in general is overrun with rats, which would you prefer? A cat or a RAT.w00t.gif

How the Catholic Church Created the Black Death by Eradicating the "Satanic" House Cat

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=11435

Personally, I like cats.... slow roasted, BBQ, stir fry, etc. (just joking)

Seriously, one has to wonder whose cousin, brother-in-law is making those bags. No one in government does anything without some kind of rebate to the person who tendered the offer.

Thanks very interesting. CC has so much to answer for.

But actually they helped reduce the human pop. - good for the planet. We exceeded planets capacity to carry humans (as in beasts / acre) in the mid '70s (~1976) it is said. But no thanks to CC. Maybe time to ban cats again, till pop. is manageable.

Or allow birth control for tykes.

Really?

What kind of idiots do they hire to do the marketing at the TAT?

Obviously the TAT didn't hire you, you blithering Idiot and Naysayer. Perhaps that is the reason you are such a bitter little person.

Oh my! How many haters, I'm sure you would do much better if you could get out of your bar stool. Funny those comments about bars being the reason why tourists come to Thailand lol, open your eyes and move in another environments. Thailand may be dirty, have scams etc but it offers a much more authentic experience than, let's say, Malaysia, Singapore and those kind of sterile countries.

BTW I am also a hater myself, I hate people who hate cats, I hate people who complain on everything others do but the only thing they do is being drunk the whole day, go with bar girls and post crap (oh well, I guess I hate 90% of the news and general forum at least :-P)

Rant over, now OT, I like Siamese cats. A very special breed indeed. My sister is very happy with the shitty dutty free bag and uses them a lot. This one could a good idea if it wasn't a paper bag and was a clothe bad instead.

Edited by nami

Well, cats are egotistical, self-centred individualists... coffee1.gif

A day from a Dog's diary and a day from the Cat's diary ( i first saw this years ago, still makes me giggle, it's so true!)

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

12.30 pm - Had a shower - bummer!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending

comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due

to the power of "allergies" I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released -and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am

certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now..

Edited by GentlemanJim

Oh my! How many haters, I'm sure you would do much better if you could get out of your bar stool. Funny those comments about bars being the reason why tourists come to Thailand lol, open your eyes and move in another environments. Thailand may be dirty, have scams etc but it offers a much more authentic experience than, let's say, Malaysia, Singapore and those kind of sterile countries.

BTW I am also a hater myself, I hate people who hate cats, I hate people who complain on everything others do but the only thing they do is being drunk the whole day, go with bar girls and post crap (oh well, I guess I hate 90% of the news and general forum at least :-P)

Rant over, now OT, I like Siamese cats. A very special breed indeed. My sister is very happy with the shitty dutty free bag and uses them a lot. This one could a good idea if it wasn't a paper bag and was a clothe bad instead.

You are a cat at heart, expecting a free lunch and when you get it turning your nose up at it holding out for a better bag.

It replaces the first idea they had.

Cheap cats - taste like chicken

full-17630-127876-free_cat.jpg

Is this pic in China..? or here? Where/??

This is an issue where TAT appears to believe their fortune teller is responsibile for generating inbound arrivals when in fact it is pimps' girls etc. that are the attraction.

How naive can one be to show cats in an Asian country when it has been publicized that people with cat allergies have broken out in a reaction after eating in Asian buffets. Ditto for dogs. On the other hand, visiting could result in tourists being treated byThais just like they would be by cats.

Edited by unanimosity

i like cats

Really?

I <deleted> hate cats, they are a waste of time.

We had a cat once, but I am pretty sure my ex-father in law ate it as it suddenly disappeared and when asking if anyone had seen it nobody would say a word.

Edited by tuky
  • Like 1

Good to see you are not complaining about people complaining. Just because people don't like cats that is no need to hate them, do you also hate people because they are less fortunate than yourself?rolleyes.gif

i like cats

Really?

I <deleted> hate cats, they are a waste of time.

We had a cat once, but I am pretty sure my ex-father in law ate it as it suddenly disappeared and when asking if anyone had seen it nobody would say a word.

Obviously didn't want to let the cat out of the bag

No drunk, no bar girls and no crap. I still hate cats.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

He should study others coutries culture like Chinese don't like cats because the sound make by cats are 'meow' means finish in Chinese and most of CHinese are very supertitions ' finish ' can mean death or money empty. They like dogs which is good sigh of good luck as you notice there don't have cat in Chinese zodiac celender.

I can see they used black siamese cat on the bag which a very bad moved to do...

He should study others coutries culture like Chinese don't like cats because the sound make by cats are 'meow' means finish in Chinese and most of CHinese are very supertitions...

They like dogs which is good sigh of good luck...

Chinese & Cats..... let me think about that for a moment, reminds me of something.....

tumblr_m9o8a4ZgZq1rf2vc2o1_500.gif

...yet China is a country where Dogs are eaten ! post-4641-1156694005.gif

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.

Maybe they think this is going to be catalyst to bring in more tourists

What it most certainly will do is end up in the catalog of crazy ideas emanating from the TAT , whose staff have been operating in a catatonic trance for years in their attempts to catapult Thailand into the world's number one tourist destination.

What they have succeeded in doing is attract catcalls of derision for a scheme that will be a catastrophe and should be consigned to the catacombs of failed policies by this organization.

IMHO.