Push-up bra commercial goes viral in Thailand

webfact

I love the advertising on the net and b4 on TV in Thailand, I think it is one of the few things that this country excels at, I just wish any of the other TV here, was any where near as good.

I like the tune as well

the ones for the dvd players with people talking to each other and then stuttering during the conversation are pretty clever. First time I saw it, I could not work out at all what it was for. Very clever.

But mix it in with the endless whitening, moisturisers, toothpaste and "arm pit whitening" deoderants, a good advert stands out absolutely like a sore thumb. How much prime time per day does Unilever buy up? 50%?

• Like 1

Right after the girl took off her make up, they switched models. The dude has a longer face.

Right after the girl took off her make up, they switched models. The dude has a longer face.

Yeah that's what I think.

They are two people. One's a ladyboy, the other one's a dude. You can see the chin and cheek structure is different. Even the guys nose is more pronounced. They do have similar face structures though. It's pretty close and well down. Besides that guy, has no chest what so ever, you can't push up skin. If he had some 'fat' there, it may be different.

The are definitely too different people. It's not a girl though.

Edit: just saw the other video. Wow.....that's all I can say. Great Makeup artist.

Edited by Amras

They are two people. One's a ladyboy, the other one's a dude. You can see the chin and cheek structure is different. Even the guys nose is more pronounced. They do have similar face structures though. It's pretty close and well down. Besides that guy, has no chest what so ever, you can't push up skin. If he had some 'fat' there, it may be different.

The are definitely too different people. It's not a girl though.

Edit: just saw the other video. Wow.....that's all I can say. Great Makeup artist.

What a serious discussion about so little, where is it going viral? in farangland?

In America passenger side mirrors on cars have the statement "warning, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear". These undergarments should carry the statement "warning, objects in side may be smaller than they appear".

• Like 1

To be honest, this word viral is being misused here... first off, viral always indicates something dangerous and infective always is connected with bad things... in the fashion industry, they have their own words for these kinds of things.. so its a bit stupid to copy others, just coz others do... the ole, "monkey see, monkey do" sort of way... and anyone with 1/2 intelligence could state it in a way that fits its use... then, ok so thai girls and katoey's like to show off... the girls, its great... so its not a bad thing, not a virus(where viral comes from)... then we got the fact that trends change, in china they've been wearing push ups for a long time, not to mention western countries forever... this is fashion this is what people do... soon bell bottoms will be or going bra-less will happen again? "in fashion" or "viral"... and in the final words... "who in the hell cares if girls do that?" why do we need to make this a news subject... our world is going mad... hehe as bad as NBC news talking about the soaps on news times. tongue.png

calm down

I feel a little bit sick.

No they didn't - go look at the "Behind The Scenes" clip they made showing the making of the commercial - and by the way, the guy is NOT actually a katoey, when you see him and hear him speak, you can tell immediately - but he just happens to make up as a very pretty girl as well.

Just as they were preparing him the actor says (in a very male voice) "Tum aray-ah?" ("What are you doing?") to which the makeup artist replies "I am going to shave your armpits!"... funny to see.

Good Thai commercials are some of the most entertaining in the world - sadly missed by so many unless the viewer speaks Thai, but often extremely funny.

In the land of the flat-chested they need a bra ad?

I don't know maan. Plenty of them up north Thai farmer's daughters are nicely endowed. Very nicely.

Yes agree - if CelticBhoy thinks all Thai's are flat chested, he doesn't get out enough...

• Like 1

No, it's not true. Save some stills and overlay them, you will see its the same person.

tecnnologybytes posted the above while stark naked at his pc.......biggrin.png

In the land of the flat-chested they need a bra ad?

Pitiful. I will not have the good grace to explain it to you. However I will assist you with sorting out a problem which you doubtlessly confront on a daily basis. The next time you have your shoes on correctly use a permanent marker to put an "L" on the top of the left shoe and an "R" on the top of the right shoe. Problem solved!!!

Push-up bra commercial goes viral

By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The latest viral video to come out of Thailand is a cheeky ad for Wacoal Mood's new Boost Up bra. The video, which was uploaded on July 30th, has quickly racked up almost two millions views and nearly two thousand comments on the social network.

For those of you at work, it's probably best to watch this when your boss isn't around.

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/05/push-bra-commercial-goes-viral

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-08-09

<deleted>

Good ,bad or indifferent is of little consequence. What is of some import is the attention this rather simple little deception has created indicating the level of intellect of the majority of internet users in this country. There are countless video adverts out there of far superior interest and entertainment value ,however, a little flash of skin and an androdgynous punchline makes this "viral". In Thailand all life is a cabaret.