Speeding Camera on Lampang=Chiang Mai Road

ianf

attachicon.gifspeeding fine.jpg

Got done driving a hire car last month. 123 kph in a 90kph zone apparently. The pic doesn't show the car full of hotties I was taking with me thank goodness :-p

This was Km 96 on Highway 1, Tambon Huai Khamin, Amphur Nong Khae, Saraburi.

AVIS charged me 900 baht on my credit card a month after the car was returned. It took me two phone calls to get them to tell me why. Normally speeding fines are 400 baht, I asked them to explain why they charged me 900 baht as they have showed me no docket saying how much the fine is.

Why anyone would need a Hot Water Bottle in Thailand--is beyond me!?!

look out if Thailand heads the same way as the nanny state(Australia) you will see a big reduction in people driving as there is a point system and after 12 points in you lose your license for 3 months. They give you a 3% tolerance, so if you do 106 klm(100 klm speed limit) you will be fined . on one freeway in Melbourne they have a total of 30 speed cameras!! not to mention the red light cameras.

If Thailand were a 'nanny state' like Australia there could be 13000 Thai lives saved every year as Australia has halved it's road toll since 1989. Not a bad swop - go a bit slower and save a life, maybe yours or one of your kids.

Are there fines if I ride too slow?

no, but you will be pulled over and given an alcohol and a drug test.

It is funny but in the years I have been here I only once was asked for 200 baht by a cop.

It was for passing a ox cart like contraption

The guy was doing like 4mph over a long bridge & yes it was a solid line but not a car in sight as

far as the eye could see in either direction so I eased out & passed.

But when I reached the other end of the bridge there he was waving me over for passing.

Fair enough as I did in fact break a law passing in a no passing zone

$6 was not a bad deal

But I always wondered if he & the ox cart contraption were working together :lol: