Best Anti Virus Program ?

jellydog

Don't turn off Windows updates, they are released for a reason, especially when they are called "Critical".

PCWorld did a comparison in this month's issue and they rate Symantec the best commercial one for small businesses.

Kaspersky still seems to be the leader for home use, but I get by fine with Avast and regular checks with Adaware and Spybot.

And use the WOT browser add-on as well.

It's truly amazing how many people write down their opinions about stuff which they're obviously not very familiar with.

Why would anybody like to listen to a crappy program telling you very loud: " A virus has been detected"? Then the action, move it to somewhere....(Avast)

Then NOD 32. I'd just deleted it on a school computer, but i had to find the right tool online, as it didn't let me delete it.

This "superb" tool NOD 32 had just destroyed all data of a colleagues memory drive, as it's not able to detect a serious attacker.

I had tried almost all, ran avast for many years, then Norton. Glad that these times are over, we need to feel the mistakes we'd made, to do changes.

Then AVG and Kaspersky. It's illegal and I would NEVER tell anybody to download them for free, install them with a real serial key and the problems are gone.

I'm just wondering why my AVG detects all, I download almost 24/7? A virus has been deleted without telling you, should be the Motto.-wai2.gif

It's truly amazing how many people write down their opinions about stuff which they're obviously not very familiar with.

Why would anybody like to listen to a crappy program telling you very loud: " A virus has been detected"? Then the action, move it to somewhere....(Avast)

Then NOD 32. I'd just deleted it on a school computer, but i had to find the right tool online, as it didn't let me delete it.

This "superb" tool NOD 32 had just destroyed all data of a colleagues memory drive, as it's not able to detect a serious attacker.

I had tried almost all, ran avast for many years, then Norton. Glad that these times are over, we need to feel the mistakes we'd made, to do changes.

Then AVG and Kaspersky. It's illegal and I would NEVER tell anybody to download them for free, install them with a real serial key and the problems are gone.

I'm just wondering why my AVG detects all, I download almost 24/7? A virus has been deleted without telling you, should be the Motto.-wai2.gif

I'm slightly confused at your post. Are you saying that posters don't know what they're talking about unless they use what you use? I'm not clear what you use either- it seems to be AVG from your last line, but the legal one, is that right?

-Avast

-Malwarebytes

-Spybot Search & Destroy

I use all three.

What one doesn't find, one of the others will do, usually.

I recently switched from Avast. Too many update notices, popups and offers... even if you set them all to off in settings, they still popup.

I switched over to MSE and never looked back. Malware Bytes is a must as well. I run a quick scan with it infrequently.

• Like 1