Chefsxp new site!

householder

Holy hell!

Since moving here I've been a regular user of Chefsxp but thought their site sucked and was hard to navigate.

Logged on this morning to change my phone number and - wow!

Seems much more easy to use and to find the right food. Seems to have new restaurants too (Carl's JR Mega Bangna, for example) which can be narrowed down by location, so hopefully that'll mean less of a chance of cold food arriving because my lack of knowledge of Bangkok meant I ordered something from a restaurant in a galaxy far, far away...

Will give it a test run tonight.

Edited by householder

I've found the new site horrific, literally. Takes a long time to load. "Contact Us" and other links at the bottom don't work. Cannot find the link to the mini mart where you prior able to order coke/tea/water and what not. You can however find a link to a wide array of products from Villa Market which unfortunately, also cannot be fulfilled. Dumb.

Site is way too busy and confusing. Filtering is odd. Excess of garbage and restaurants you can't even order from. How do you find the mini mart?

Been a regular user for a long time but NOT HAPPY. Also, though the site now lists several more restaurants almost all of them are "review only" and cannot fulfill orders, which is pointless.

Today it's food by phone, sorry. Or I'll just call Sunrise Tacos direct. And I'm definitely not affiliated with either.

Wow... what a MESS!!!!

Used to have a self-selected and saved list of restaurant favorites on the ChefsXP website... That now appears to be gone.

Now in its place there's a horizontally scrollable list of "Favourite and Preferred Restaurants" across the top of the home page that has a bunch of places in it that I've never selected or used. I see from the website it's still possible to add a favorite by clicking a button on the restaurant's webpage. But I can't see any way to edit your favorites or access the entire list, as you could in the past.

The other notable thing is they somehow appear to have gone nationwide, because the website is now cluttered up with restaurant listings from cities all across Thailand. And even searching by just downtown Bangkok produces 1100+ listings, and you have to either use their search filters or view pages of 15 restaurants per page.

If I live in Bangkok and they know it once I've logged in, WHY??? do I have to deal with restaurant listings from dozens of cities throughout Thailand in order to get to where I want to go?

It's nice they have a lot of restaurants, but the new design is a pain in the A** compared to the prior, more direct, more useful site.

Ahh BTW, they've had the "Coming Soon" listing for Villa Market deliveries up on the prior website for many months.

Now, they actually have a very small number of products listed as available from Villa under their "Groceries" section as opposed to restaurants. And those few items are listed there with prices.... But when you try to add any one of them to your cart, the item doesn't get added and the website pops up a message saying "unavailable" and "coming soon."

Bush league performance!!!!!

That moving icon that says"top" and follows me around on the menu might just be annoying enough for me to never order from them again. I certainly won't browse the restaurant menus like I used to.

I'm just posting in case the owner is reading this.

Thank you for all your input, all of which are invaluable.

ChefsXP is expanding nationwide with 1000s of restaurants in various area and provinces ready for delivery.

The new site, as many have pointed out, needs adjustments.

We have amended many things already (since the launch) and shall continue to do so daily.

Should you have further comments, please feel free to call 1767 nationwide or simply add your comments here.

(All restaurants welcome at no markup prices)

Edited by ChefsXP

Wow... what a MESS!!!!

Used to have a self-selected and saved list of restaurant favorites on the ChefsXP website... That now appears to be gone.

Now in its place there's a horizontally scrollable list of "Favourite and Preferred Restaurants" across the top of the home page that has a bunch of places in it that I've never selected or used. I see from the website it's still possible to add a favorite by clicking a button on the restaurant's webpage. But I can't see any way to edit your favorites or access the entire list, as you could in the past.

The other notable thing is they somehow appear to have gone nationwide, because the website is now cluttered up with restaurant listings from cities all across Thailand. And even searching by just downtown Bangkok produces 1100+ listings, and you have to either use their search filters or view pages of 15 restaurants per page.

If I live in Bangkok and they know it once I've logged in, WHY??? do I have to deal with restaurant listings from dozens of cities throughout Thailand in order to get to where I want to go?

It's nice they have a lot of restaurants, but the new design is a pain in the A** compared to the prior, more direct, more useful site.

Ahh BTW, they've had the "Coming Soon" listing for Villa Market deliveries up on the prior website for many months.

Now, they actually have a very small number of products listed as available from Villa under their "Groceries" section as opposed to restaurants. And those few items are listed there with prices.... But when you try to add any one of them to your cart, the item doesn't get added and the website pops up a message saying "unavailable" and "coming soon."

Bush league performance!!!!!

Glad to see a rep of ChefsXP is here. Given that, let me say, I've been a regular and satisfied customer of the service over a period of years, and I used to enjoy ordering via the prior website, which was great for its utility and ease of access.

Now, IMHO, the current/new website is an annoying pain in the A**... It gives me a headache every time I look at it. And today's version doesn't look any better or have any easier or more direct access than when I wrote my original comments above 10 or so days ago.

If I could get the ChefsXP folks to implement just one change, it would be to bring back an easily accessible, editable customer "favorite restaurants" list that would allow customers to quickly get to the restaurants they like and frequently order from -- and bypass all the other stuff I don't want to see or care about.

Just exactly who had the great idea to automatically delete all the prior customer favorite restaurant lists that customers had under the prior website? And please, get rid of the horizontally scrolling "Preferred and Favorites List" that's junked up with (I presume) ChefsXP's own "preferred" restaurants that I didn't pick and can't delete off the list.

A website is supposed to attract customers and make it easy for them to do their business. But in your case, this new website IMHO drives away customers....and I haven't placed an order since it was implemented, and probably won't as long as the interface stays in its current form.

If I was the business owner, I'd be asking the web designer for my money back.

I like ordering from chefsxp but I have had quite a few problems with them. Recently the problem is when I try to select my delivery zone it keeps changing to pathum thani and I'm always charged more money. When I call to tell them the problem or leave them a note, I'm treated like an idiot who can't use a computer. I wonder when they'll realize it's their site and not me.

• 3 weeks later...

TallGuyJohninBKK- not a problem. I shall have the favorites reinstalled this coming week and let you know.

Thank you!

Well, just about a month has now passed since our original exchange on the issue of a Favorites list, and in looking at the ChefsXP website today, I don't see any change or improvement in the Favorites functionality, or to be more precise, the LACK of one in the redone website.

Whatever happened to "this coming week" back in early September???