Tourism Authority of Thailand targets high-end travellers

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, TAT please engage BRAIN BEFORE opening mouth, does your "Upgrade to luxury" mean literally Value for money at a much HIGHER price ?? whistling.gif

it means they want people dumb enough to pay 200 baht for a chicken rice rather than 30 baht....still same old chicken rice though

Anybody who has ever worked in a serving capacity knows that rich people are terribly cheap. Indeed, some of them feel that allowing you into their presence is enough to make you a better person.

Conversely, the most generous people are those who have formerly worked in a serving capacity.

This campaign will fail.

Anybody who has ever worked in a serving capacity knows that rich people are terribly cheap. Indeed, some of them feel that allowing you into their presence is enough to make you a better person.

Conversely, the most generous people are those who have formerly worked in a serving capacity.

This campaign will fail.

As i said wait for Monday for the Lefty Teacher Quotes.w00t.gif

This campaign will fail.

Actually I understand where they're coming from, because I also believe that being close to me should be enough...tell Yingluck that she should be grateful for my ocassional presence in the 3rd world country that is Thailand that she is fortunate enough to have been installed as the puppet president of

2 weeks ago, TAT were looking for Gay, Israeli and Muslim tourists, did they now lower their standard by looking for High-end travelers???

TAT do NOT know from one day to another what to pewk out. As you say in your post, 2 weeks ago now it's change again ideas

Hasn't anyone for TAT got any marbles to suggest something that is stable ???

Cat bags--OTOP---sales in The Mall.. for god sake who is spending money to come here for these attractions ???

Value for money-something for everybody- street stalls to Oriental- resorts.

Not forgetting to get your beaches cleaned up, stop the scams, no airport rip offs (high priced duty free) and a drastic amount of pressure put on the police to help rather than be in the hunt for perks, and finally Thai Airways get your act together with TAT move your butts.

I've always been pretty skeptical of these arrival targets. I came back to Thailand three months ago, but have actually been in and out of the country three times. How many arrivals am I?

Same here. I have lived and worked here for 5 years but typically travel outside Thailand for business up to 8 times a year. Do TAT count each of my arrivals or is it only those on tourist visas or visa on arrival? Would love to know.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've always been pretty skeptical of these arrival targets. I came back to Thailand three months ago, but have actually been in and out of the country three times. How many arrivals am I?

Same here. I have lived and worked here for 5 years but typically travel outside Thailand for business up to 8 times a year. Do TAT count each of my arrivals or is it only those on tourist visas or visa on arrival? Would love to know.

Numbers are arrivals entering the kingdom at any entry point. ??

I've always been pretty skeptical of these arrival targets. I came back to Thailand three months ago, but have actually been in and out of the country three times. How many arrivals am I?

If you we're TAT and wanted to impress everyone with the increasing amount of tourists to the Kingdom, & no one was ever going check anyway, which figure would use?

If you we're TAT and wanted to impress everyone with the increasing amount of tourists to the Kingdom, & no one was ever going check anyway, which figure would use?

I would get rid of all the dead wood and hangers on, stop having meetings at top resorts at regular intervals, have a central HQ to conduct business.

In command with what power I could muster I would firstly get the good name back into Thailand holidays by putting maximum pressure on the negative scams etc. Samui-Phuket mafia style control of the resorts, put salt on the slugs. Other places are near as badly affected. Pattaya for example, the vast resources collected per year and they do NOT have path to walk on on the beach road (shops side) what there is, is broken pavements, concrete posts and live electric wires hanging down. Handicapped persons are not catered for-if you want to wheel down the beach road.

Airport King Power, sell at DUTY FREE or get out. Get rid of the mafia desk outside that charge 50 bht just to secure a taxi. GET RID, and have a rank-in line of cabs/customers. The improvement list is endless.

I would be shy to give out wrong figures in numbers, rather than give every movement into the kingdom, I would have a realistic figure to work on from the onset, then if the numbers increase you have a fair idea that tourism IS increasing.

It is a silly attitude to keep repeating when a big problem arises, it is not affecting tourism-floods-tsunami-riots-unstable government -bht exchange rate.

TAT is losing respect through enjoying 6 billion bht annually, and NOT using the budget on good promotions. They ought to get Thai Airways in on the act to promote holidays. My silly thought only--I'm sure other poster can add a million things to that.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I went to the TAT site this morning. I was looking for some activities. Much of their site is plastered with dozens of corporate logos. NO SEARCH PROMPT. In other words, they'll try to steer you to the most expensive resorts, but they can't even put a search provision on the their site. Maybe there's one somewhere, but even when logged in, and searching several of their web pages, I didn't find one.

Hello TAT, wake up. There are other things in the world besides a few big spending tourists, who want agents to tell them where to go to over-spend money.