Major Indian film that was filmed in Pattaya plays tonight in Pattaya

Jingthing

Heads up to local film buffs.

TONIGHT Friday August 16 at the Avenue Cinema at 10:30 you can see this film:

http://www.movieseer.com/th/movies/27545--Bhaag_Milkha_Bhaag

It was filmed in Pattaya. It is VERY LONG film, over 3 hours. It is about a famous Sikh Indian Olympic runner (his life story).

The movieseer item says it has an English soundtrack and Thai subtitles. I am not so sure, but that's what it says. The filming language based on IMDB is Hindi:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356180/

I don't know if this a one night only thing or not at this point. But it might be only one night, something like Indian cinema night.

Longer than three hours, it's more marathon than sprint, but director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's epic "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" (Run, Milkha, Run) — about India's legendary track-and-field star Milkha Singh, nicknamed "The Flying Sikh" — is often an engrossing example of the sweeping, stirring biography.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-bhaag-milkha-bhaag-review-20130711,0,3528085.story

Edited by Jingthing

About two years ago i saw an indian film crew in Walking street trying to film something and they had a hell of a time trying to prevent people walking in front of the camera whilst filming. They would start and somebody would walk between the camera and the action.

About two years ago i saw an indian film crew in Walking street trying to film something and they had a hell of a time trying to prevent people walking in front of the camera whilst filming. They would start and somebody would walk between the camera and the action.

They filmed some of it on the beach down near the Ambassador. Quite a big deal.

At least I'm assuming it was this movie. Not sure I could take 3 hours of dancing. whistling.gif

They filmed some of it on the beach down near the Ambassador. Quite a big deal.

At least I'm assuming it was this movie. Not sure I could take 3 hours of dancing. whistling.gif

I am not sure what i saw was that particular film or another one or it could have been an commercial but it must have been frustrating ,and expensive for them .