New Air-Con for 30 sqm Studio? Deals?

moonseeker

Any recommendations for either a 15'000 or 18'000 BTU Split Air. I need two. As my Daikins and Mitsubishis in other condos have not lasted very long and are often trouble, I don't mind going for an off-brand for these two new studios. Any feedback appreciated. THX. MS>

You will need a 18,000 btu unit

unless you do cooking in the unit in which case a 22 or 24,000 byu unit would be better.

18-24'000 BTU for a 30 sqm studio ???!!!

Except if this studio has big windows in full sun,

a 9-12'000 BTU should be enough for such a small room.

I have a Samsung "Maldives Inverter" 9'000 BTU

for my office about the same size.

• Like 1

Correct 18,000 BTU for 30m2

+1

A good general rule of thumb is 600 BTU per square meter. But it's not very accurate. There are a lot of other factors to take into consideration.

Factors include:

• The floor area of the room
  • The height of the ceilings
  • The size and position of windows, and whether they have blinds or shades
  • The number of room occupants (if any)
  • The heat generated by equipment in the room
  • The heat generated by lighting in the room
  • Room insulation
  • Type of materials used in the exterior walls and exposure to the sun.

I've been very happy with my LG Art Cool airconditioners. A friend of mine has LG Inverters and he's very happy with them too. We both had Mitsubishi's in the past and disliked them. The Mitsubishi's were very noisy and more expensive to operate. A major factor in reliability is the quality of installation and how well they're maintained. My biggest problem is rats getting in the compressor units and eating the wiring!

I bought my LG air con unit for my bedroom about a Year ago now, I leave the Air on all night while I am asleep, and

my Electric bill is cheaper now than it was when we used fan's.

May I ask you for the model & BTU please. Thank you kindly. MS>

i've got a place and its 7 x 4 x 2 which is 56 cubic mtrs which works out fine in my place at 13'000 but samsung unit.

its been running for over 12 months and it keeps my place at 18 degrees...

if you go to high on the btu's it just means it takes more power so it will cost you more to run.

the samsung one i've got uses smart saver which turns of the compressor when the gas gets cold and then it will start again.

this cost 15'000 baht from pattaya nua road from second road past city hall and its just on the left.

post-185697-0-06203000-1376838958_thumb.

post-185697-0-45238700-1376838961_thumb.

Edited by lanzalad

i've got a place and its 7 x 4 x 2 which is 56 cubic mtrs which works out fine in my place at 13'000 but samsung unit.

if you go to high on the btu's it just means it takes more power so it will cost you more to run.

the samsung one i've got uses smart saver which turns of the compressor when the gas gets cold and then it will start again.

this cost 15'000 baht from pattaya nua road from second road past city hall and its just on the left.

attachicon.gifIMG_2326.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2327.jpg

-a bigger capacity aircon will not use more power for generating the same cooling capacity of a smaller one. correct is that the purchase price is higher but it renders additional capacity if and when needed.

-the "smart saver" function (compressor off when gas cold) is technical rubbish.

-the "smart" installation of your compressor/condenser unit, done by the usual ignorant contractor, will waste quite some additional energy.

• Like 1

It's out of subject, but I will never understand that... ermm.gif

he lives in a shoebox of approximately 21m² and the tooth fairy assists to keep the place at 18ºC wink.png

Edited by Naam

Regarding Mitsubishi A/C units, it's important to note if it was a "Mr. Slim" model or a "Heavy Duty" model. I have found the latter to be of lesser quality than the former. I would highly recommend a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim in the 18,000 BTU size. I have a unit just like that in my bedroom and it has performed great. It's very efficient and very quiet. I also had a Mitsubishi Heavy Duty model and would never buy another one. It didn't last very long and I did perform proper maintenance every six months.

Regarding Mitsubishi A/C units, it's important to note if it was a "Mr. Slim" model or a "Heavy Duty" model. I have found the latter to be of lesser quality than the former. I would highly recommend a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim in the 18,000 BTU size. I have a unit just like that in my bedroom and it has performed great. It's very efficient and very quiet. I also had a Mitsubishi Heavy Duty model and would never buy another one. It didn't last very long and I did perform proper maintenance every six months.

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Mitsu. I have a completely different opinion about the Mitsubishi "Heavy Duty" models. I have one of those in my bedroom, 13k BTU for a room size of about 24 sqm, (~60m3). Bought it in March of 2007, haven't had a single problem with it, just regular cleaning. Runs great, efficient and very quiet.