CIA acknowledges secret 'Area 51'

webfact

Area 51 'declassified' in U-2 spy plane history

WASHINGTON: -- The CIA has officially acknowledged the secret US test site known as Area 51, in a newly unclassified internal history of the U-2 spy plane programme.

The document obtained by a US university describes the 1955 acquisition of the Nevada site for testing of the secret spy plane.

It also explains the site's lingering association with UFOs and aliens.

The remote patch of desert surrounding Groom Lake was chosen because it was adjacent to a nuclear testing facility.

"The U-2 was absolutely top secret," Chris Pocock, a British defence journalist and author of histories of the programme, told the BBC.

"They had to hide everything about it."

The U-2 plane, developed to spy on the Soviet Union during the Cold War, is still flown by the US Air Force.

Reports of UFOs

The document, a secret 1992 internal CIA history of the U-2 programme, was originally declassified in 1998 with heavy redactions.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23731759

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-08-17

Wow this has created a heap of interest.

Well, it isn't like the public hasn't known more than what's in that article for at least 30 years. I saw a satellite photo of it back in the 90's.

There are still some unexplained mysteries surrounding it which could be caused by tests of other aircraft, but they are weird stories with lots of eye witnesses.

Take a quick look. LINK and LINK

Strange things are still going on in the NM area. Top secret bases within bases in Albuquerque and on the surface it all looks the same. Military AF people I know say you can't even imagine whats being worked on.

Strange things are still going on in the NM area. Top secret bases within bases in Albuquerque and on the surface it all looks the same. Military AF people I know say you can't even imagine whats being worked on.

Some world dominating death machine i guess,business as usual...coffee1.gif

• Like 1

For them to acknowledge area 51, area 52 must already be finished somewhere else.

Nope, area 53.

Timing makes this look like some deflection at work. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain (or the one in Russia, either).

Let's release some juicy (but useless) information to keep the media conspiracy busy bodies busy for a few more months.

with all the money spent on those gadgets

and nuclear warheads

the US could have gotten a SOCIAL SECURITY / HEALTHCARE like most western nations...

While I agree that's true today, there was a period in my lifetime that the USA needed those gadgets and those nuclear warheads. 'Else those western nations wouldn't be "western" today, much less enjoying that Social Security/ Healthcare .

The problem is giving up a habit even long after it no longer serves a useful purpose.

And it's not the spending on nukes and gadgets keeping universal healthcare from US citizens. It's lobbyists' money..

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

I know a friend who knows a friend who has a cousin's sister married to a bald guy. She tells me that it is amazing what they are doing out there. P.S. Don't tell anybody though. Her contact may have to shave his beard and change his contacts to glasses if anybody knew he was telling me this. SSSSHHHHHH!

with all the money spent on those gadgets

and nuclear warheads

the US could have gotten a SOCIAL SECURITY / HEALTHCARE like most western nations...

You mean like Greece and Spain? From the number of demonstrations and riots, it doesn't seem to be working out quite as well as previously thought. shock1.gif

• Like 2

Went to Area 51 a few years ago and drove off the road and along the track towards the base when two black SUVs appeared on top of two small hills as we drove along.

They just sat there looking menacing, and then they began driving down the hills, so we stopped and turned back, fast, before we were arrested.....

Rachel Nevada was a great town, but there were a lot of nutters there too.

Went to Area 51 a few years ago and drove off the road and along the track towards the base when two black SUVs appeared on top of two small hills as we drove along.

They just sat there looking menacing, and then they began driving down the hills, so we stopped and turned back, fast, before we were arrested.....

what do you think would have happened if you kept driving?..Just asking. Arrested?

I know a friend who knows a friend who has a cousin's sister married to a bald guy. She tells me that it is amazing what they are doing out there. P.S. Don't tell anybody though. Her contact may have to shave his beard and change his contacts to glasses if anybody knew he was telling me this. SSSSHHHHHH!

Back in the 70's, the US had the capability of taking pics of Brezhnev walking his dog in Red Square and could tell the gender of the dog when it lifted it's leg on a tree. That was 50 years ago...I'm not sure I want to know what they're working on now...I just hope they leave the rest us alone in peace.

what do you think would have happened if you kept driving?..Just asking. Arrested?

He probably wouldn't be posting on Thaivisa, that's for sure.

+1

If it didn't exist, paranormal freaks would have to invent it ......wait a doggonne minute - that's what they did? ....or I should say, they invented the hocus pocus about it.

Am still waiting for one piece of tangible proof that UFO's exist, or have landed, or ET's have surgically fiddled with anyone. Just like with crop circles (100% hoax, but excellently crafted), there's not the tiniest shred of hard evidence for ET's or UFOs.

Do intelligence life forms exist in other parts of galaxy? Absolutely. Have any visited us? Doubtful.

• Like 1

If it didn't exist, paranormal freaks would have to invent it ......wait a doggonne minute - that's what they did? ....or I should say, they invented the hocus pocus about it.

Am still waiting for one piece of tangible proof that UFO's exist, or have landed, or ET's have surgically fiddled with anyone. Just like with crop circles (100% hoax, but excellently crafted), there's not the tiniest shred of hard evidence for ET's or UFOs.

Do intelligence life forms exist in other parts of galaxy? Absolutely. Have any visited us? Doubtful.

They probably have visited us. I'll bet they took one look at us Earthlings (and our societies) and quickly decided to get the heck away from us! blink.png