Promenada ice skating rink....

funcat

This is gonna be a challenge... making and maintaining good skating ice is something of a science. Temperature, humidity and even the actual 'water' used. Hopefully the maintenance staff will be properly trained or it could be just a hopeless mess.

This is gonna be a challenge... making and maintaining good skating ice is something of a science. Temperature, humidity and even the actual 'water' used. Hopefully the maintenance staff will be properly trained or it could be just a hopeless mess.

I gather you know the Thai expression "555"

Any TV members that have seen the ice skating rink at KSK in use?

Went there quite often for a while about 12 ... 15 years ago until a home accident with a dislocated shoulder forced me to avoid any potential chance of having it dislocated once more.

The quality of the ice was quite inconstant, sometimes more, sometimes less wet, and not comparable to the "dry" ice condition I was used to from home.

I always wondered how this project could be economical or even profitable.

Thanks for that, Rebo. Were there many people when you went?

All I can find is reference to Bully Ice Skating or something. It seems to have opened around 2000 and I have seen some stories of happenings as late as 2004. I never saw it, which doesn't bother me, but I had heard about it. I wonder if it may have been open before it was Bully Ice Skating.

There are a couple bowling alleys that I also never entered, yet were open since I have been here.

Thanks again.

re

There are a couple bowling alleys that I also never entered, yet were open since I have been here.

where ?

as far as i know theres only ksk bully bowl left

nong hoi bowl shut before may 12

and lanna bowl closed in june 12 and never re opened

are there any others hidden in some uni or moo bann that i dont know about ?

dave2

post-42592-0-76978500-1376821614_thumb.j

post-42592-0-02705800-1376821651_thumb.j

post-42592-0-75947400-1376821684_thumb.j

post-42592-0-71254100-1376821713_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Hi,I wonder,if someone can confirm today's opening day of the Ice rink in The Promenada?We live quite a distance from there,so better not to waste a trip.....

Dave 2 posted some photo in the other tread,but can anybody else confirm that,pls. wai.gif

Good ice is hard to maintain practically a science. The ice maker in the big hockey rinks in Canada are elevated to god like status. I wish them luck.

i bet they just turn the thermostat to the coldest setting and laugh inside when people praise them.

There is one at Central World BKK for a long time

Edited by ARISTIDE

Just to answer my own question....looks like the skate rink in Promenada will be open in January '14.

Thanks for the info.

Was out there yesterday and didn't get a chance to look around the whole mall had the family. They aren't as interested in window shopping as I am. LOL

Beautiful Mall lots of open space. Not yet clutered with kiosk's. Had a couple of good Pizzas and ribs at the Dukes. Thai family loved the ribs. A little shopping at Ringping and a lot of looking at new Desk Model computers. Really liked the HP all in one unit no tower. Unlike the apple one you can play DVD's in it. It comes with a three year in home guarantee. My 5 year old one is at present being temperamental. I think it is the monitor.