Open letter of Thai Democrat Party to foreign diplomats

webfact

Ladies…..being a 'guest' in this country with no voting rights, I think the best stance to take is as an amused onlooker from the sidelines and not ripping out what precious hair we have left gettting into arguements with other expats who also have no say in this country's political direction…

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies..being a 'guest' in this country with no voting rights, I think the best stance to take is as an amused onlooker from the sidelines and not ripping out what precious hair we have left gettting into arguements with other expats who also have no say in this country's political direction

But... but.... but I have family there. There bloody red,

Just leave the airport open.

What a load! Nice "hail Mary" by the Democratic Party. IMHO it's great they are looking out for the families of the victims they assassinated. They will never be back in power unless the is another one of those thingies the military usually does.

What a boring, meaningless collection of sentences that will probably miss their intended target audience. Perhaps they could find a list of official Governments on the Internet?

You obviously do not like the Democrat party, so why don't you simply bring your evidence that they assassinated anyone, even if just circumstantial, to the DSI? I assume of course that you have more than just hearsay when making such a statement? That would be the end of the Democrat party, and the red half of the country would hail you as their hero!

What a load! Nice "hail Mary" by the Democratic Party. IMHO it's great they are looking out for the families of the victims they assassinated. They will never be back in power unless the is another one of those thingies the military usually does.

What a boring, meaningless collection of sentences that will probably miss their intended target audience. Perhaps they could find a list of official Governments on the Internet?

You obviously do not like the Democrat party, so why don't you simply bring your evidence that they assassinated anyone, even if just circumstantial, to the DSI? I assume of course that you have more than just hearsay when making such a statement? That would be the end of the Democrat party, and the red half of the country would hail you as their hero!

Wow! Well done on the screen name by the way.

We are going to have to agree that we disagree. I really don't like what's going on on either side but my preference seems to be the lesser of two evils. It may just be the Democratic Party's incessant whining that gets to me. I'm sure we both had a good laugh at the photo of your leader inspecting the latest oil spill.

P.S Interesting to see Chris Baker's review of Abhisit's revisionist version of the 2010 events in the other paper today.I commend it.

Thanks for the heads up, jayboy. Just read it. HIs analysis of the 97-2000 financial crisis was very well written as is his book on Thaksin.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING for anyone on TV.

Chris Baker (and his Thai colleagues Pasuk and Thitinan) is (are) one of the very few commentators on Thai (political/social/economic) events that is credible.

Saw him speak at the FCCT last year regarding the mess the country is in. His assessment of the Dems handling of affairs was less than flattering.

Korn was there.

Dear Democrat party,

.... you have illegally taken over Suvarnabumi airport a couple of years ago, and the affected parties haven't gotten their rightful compensation paid yet. So how dare you speak about Human rights,

<snip for brevity>

At the risk of being boring, that was five years ago (not "a couple"), and it was the PAD (not the Democrat Party), so actually someone totally different.

Just trying to keep the facts straight. wink.png

If you are trying to keep the facts straight it's probably best not to suggest the PAD and the Democrat Party were "totally different".They were not, indeed were inextricably linked in terms of objectives and policy.After the PAD seized the prime ministers office they were visited by both Korn and Abhisit.Korn wrote that the demonstrators were "pure in their beliefs" and called their actions "the seeds of true democracy". Abhisit's foreign minister, Kasit, spoke on the PAD stage after the seizure of Suvarnabhumi Airport where he said the economic damage from the airport closure was "Thaksin's and the government's fault".Both Anand Panyarachun and Abhisit attended the funeral of a PAD terrorist Police Lt Col Methee Chatmontri who had blown himself up transporting a bomb to the offices of Chat Thai.After the Democrat Party gained power it began to distance itself from the PAD.The links are beginning to strengthen again now with the Democrat Party increasingly dependent on street activity given there is little chance the Thai people will elect them to power.

It more seems like the Democrats see the PAD as their useful idiot. When Thaksin is in power the Democrats sit at some nice meeting room and shout PAD fight fight.

When they are in power they don't need them anymore. I recall Abhsit tried to accelerate the court cases against Sondhi.

I would say that is even worse than if the Democrats would have done the fighting themself. Pure opportunistic and selfish.

The democrats have so many skeletons, if abhisit prosecuted everyone in his party for offences they have accrued over the years there would probably only be abhisit, korn and a handful of other left.

The moment he stands up and says anti corruption, the opposition will point at everyone sitting next to him. They are tainted and manipulative.

However, them getting together with the pad is a renewing of a unified a alliance to squish Thaksin. If they achieve it, OK.

Then what, back to Suthep and kasit? God knows that is hardly very appealing.....

If anything creates uncertainty and political risk, it's writing a letter like this to foreign diplomats and dragging them in to the radar screen. Boy oh boy these Thais. They sure know how to think.

I also wonder why they call themselves democrats, do they actually know the meaning of the word Democracy? I see a move more in the Fascist extreme right direction, you can see that also on how farangs are treaten These days exeopt when they are rich.

Dear Democratic Party

thanks, for explaining the world to us!

But be assured: as diplomats, we actually live here...and we are not completely stupid!

We follow Thai- politics and we do not believe your crooked world- view, nor do we believe the world- view of any other party.

We'd rather make up our minds ourselves!

But thanks again, for being patronizing and once more making clear to us, that we are just the stupid foreigners, who simply do not get, what is going on!

Best regards

Your foreign diplomats

• Like 2