U.S. Embassy Outreach, 12 Sep

kimchibob

The 3 month allowance between the date on the embassy letter and renewal ... is it up to 3 months before you go to apply for the extension or 3 months before your extension anniversary date?

And, what is the current policy at Jomtien regarding how early you can go in to apply? Last year I went in 7 weeks before the extension expired, but I seem to recall it's been reduced??

And(#2), in the past I always received emails from the ACS when they were doing outreach, but not this time. Did others receive an email or must we rely on them posting on ThaiVisa to know about such things?

Thanks

Edited by Suradit69

The 3 month allowance between the date on the embassy letter and renewal ... is it up to 3 months before you go to apply for the extension or 3 months before your extension anniversary date?

And, what is the current policy at Jomtien regarding how early you can go in to apply? Last year I went in 7 weeks before the extension expired, but I seem to recall it's been reduced??

And(#2), in the past I always received emails from the ACS when they were doing outreach, but not this time. Did others receive an email or must we rely on them posting on ThaiVisa to know about such things?

Thanks

OK. In another thread there was a comment made in March or April referencing the embassy letter and stating that, according to the Pattaya City Expats Club, Jomtien was allowing 3 months. But when I went to the linked website, it now shows 6 months. http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/ExtendingStay.pdf

If you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, you will need an original letter or certification from your Embassy attesting to your monthly income. The letter must not be more 6 months days [sic] old1.

And in another thread someone said he had been told by the US Embassy it was 90 days, but I don't recall the date on that message.

I remember there was a kefufle when Immigrations reduced the time allowed and then it was extended, but when the dust finally settled, how old can the embassy letter be when you present it to Jomtien Immigrations?

Edited by Suradit69