Visa Runs From Pattaya

girlx

I am considering meeting a friend in Pattaya and doing my upcoming visa run from there as well... I seem to remember seeing a post on here saying there is a Cambodian border 2 hours away from Pattaya and that it was relatively easy to get a minibus to take you there and back. Is this correct? Anyone know the border name or can give me more details? Also, I would be flying from Samui to U-Tapao... is the airport far from Pattaya city? Is it easy to get a taxi into/out of town from there?

The Cambodian border is about 4 hours from Pattaya by bus. The most popular border crossing is Poi Pet but it's jammed up especially on weekends; there's another one just a little bit further (I forget the name) that's becoming popular as a place to avoid the crowds. There are a few visa run companies on Soi Post Office, I believe the going rate is around 2000 baht all inclusive -- the one I used even included an English brekky at the guest house where you pick up the bus. You can take a VIP bus or minibus; I would opt for the VIP bus coz I think they're more comfortable.

There are no taxicabs in Pattaya, only songthaews (baht bus).

I don't live in Pattaya but have made visa runs from there... the locals might be able to give more specifics.

Edited by jing jing

i need to do a visa run soon- i live in koh phangan but don't like the usual run from here which is the night boat to burma... figured maybe i would get a cheap flight to pattaya and go to cambodia from there. do the runs from pattaya go to poipet? i seem to remember reading at some point that there is another border that is much closer to pattaya...? can anyone recommend a good agent for the trip?

some other questions- how easy is it to get from the airport into town and vice versa? also can anyone recommend a decent hotel for a single female in pattaya? i have been there several times but never alone- would like a not too expensive room with the works and maybe a pool. it's worth going to me for the boots and the dairy queen- luxuries we don't have on koh phangan!

thanks for any help...

i need to do a visa run soon- i live in koh phangan but don't like the usual run from here which is the night boat to burma... figured maybe i would get a cheap flight to pattaya and go to cambodia from there. do the runs from pattaya go to poipet? i seem to remember reading at some point that there is another border that is much closer to pattaya...? can anyone recommend a good agent for the trip?

some other questions- how easy is it to get from the airport into town and vice versa? also can anyone recommend a decent hotel for a single female in pattaya? i have been there several times but never alone- would like a not too expensive room with the works and maybe a pool. it's worth going to me for the boots and the dairy queen- luxuries we don't have on koh phangan!

thanks for any help...

I've been once from Pattaya, the stamps say 'Prum' (cambo side) and Pong Nam Ron (thai side). It was very quiet at the border, no queues and no hassles from anyone at all. Set off at 7am, back by 3pm and stopped half way for about 20mins both ways. Went with 'The Visa Shop' on Soi Buakhao, 2200 all-in, modern air-con minibus, with a movie.

LK Pavilion is a nice hotel a little out of the way off 3rd Road, suite style rooms with a nice pool. maybe 1400B/night.

girlx, there are loads of Visa Run Companies in Pattaya and most are now going to Pom Nam Rong or Ban Laem in Chantaburi Province instead of Poipet. The cost is around 2000 baht and the round trip should be less than 7 hours. If you look back at recent Pattaya visa run threads you should find some phone nos. and reccomendations.

thanks... hey mods if you are reading this can you move this post to the pattaya branch? i know i read that there is a border that is closer than poipet!

Glad I read this before I ended up replying to both your threads.

Numerous visa-run companies in Pattaya. I use 5 Star Visa runs (run out of the Sportsmans Restaurant, soi 13, 038-723-800. 2,400 baht includes the breakfast, trip to/from the border (obviously), Cambodian visa, "packed" lunch and juice/water on the return trip, and a free beer at the restaurant when you get back (they also have a discount card now for those that do multiple runs).

There are other companies offering similar services, ranging from 1,800 - 2,400 baht.

Oh yeah, a lot of the runs go to the Ban Laem crossing now. Not as congested as Poi Pet and fewer hassles apparently. Round-trip is a little under 8 hours on average, depending if there are any "problem child" types on the trip.

Most groups offer non-smoking runs (5 Star has smoking and non-smoking runs every day). Most also have some kind of onboard movie system as well.

Can't recommend any hotels (with pools), and I don't know how to get from the airport to Pattaya.

A friend of mine lives on Koh Samui and travels to Malaysia for his visa runs. Maybe that is a better option ?

Edited by Kerryd

There's also Ranong from Samui.

From Pattaya; Cambodia Inter 261/5 Soi Buakow. 1700 baht to Cambodia. Nisan: +66 (0) 1003 5095.

Ther's a bus that coincides with the Bangkok Airways flight. It used to be 150 baht to anywhere in Pattaya.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu