Best picnic spot in Chiang Mai for 4 year old?

onvacation

re

why not try that new Ice cream factory, Mr.Froyo. It's actually Frozen yogurt so it's healthier than ice cream and the kids will love the whole self serve buffet idea. Candies, fresh fruits etc. Near Thapea, between Spicey and Mike's Burger's.

here ya go smile.png

dave2

Well i was thinking, we used to do kids parties at Mcdonalds but that seems a bit unhealthy these days. That Froyo place would be great for kids parties. I've been in there twice since they opened, once with Mrs Paangjang and once with a work buddy. We love it.

Does Froyo have a play area? Thanks

For the amount of kids I would not rule out Kiddee House as they at least have a wall around the place and a fence around the pool.

They cater or you can provide your own. I agree with the comments on RSVP. You can never know how many Thais will turn up, so pizza is allways a good option. Wait to see how many arrive and the order a few large Dukes pizzas and I have found the Thai kids and parents love them.

If it's the place I'm thinking of - near the weekend flea market - I'm pretty sure it is...indeed that would be a good choice for small children to run around and play and be safe. We had the brochure around here but the g/f ditched it. I believe it was in the area of 10K THB for a 3-4 hour party. Seemed OTT for Chiang Mai.

re

why not try that new Ice cream factory, Mr.Froyo. It's actually Frozen yogurt so it's healthier than ice cream and the kids will love the whole self serve buffet idea. Candies, fresh fruits etc. Near Thapea, between Spicey and Mike's Burger's.

here ya go smile.png

dave2

Well i was thinking, we used to do kids parties at Mcdonalds but that seems a bit unhealthy these days. That Froyo place would be great for kids parties. I've been in there twice since they opened, once with Mrs Paangjang and once with a work buddy. We love it.

Does Froyo have a play area? Thanks

Not really, although there is plenty of seating. I was thinking it would be a good place for them to go and play at self serve, then take away. In the car or to wherever your picnic destination is... There is always kids in there after school, seems like the whole place is a play area. Chocolates, jelly, sprinkle's etcw00t.gif

The problem with Huay Tung Tao is that the water is very, very murky. So if, God forbid, a kid goes under and doesn't come back up, finding him or her is next to impossible. I happened to be there when an adult drowned and they were looking for his body for hours. I think a pool or a place with naturally clear water is the best bet.

The problem with Huay Tung Tao is that the water is very, very murky. So if, God forbid, a kid goes under and doesn't come back up, finding him or her is next to impossible. I happened to be there when an adult drowned and they were looking for his body for hours. I think a pool or a place with naturally clear water is the best bet.

Checked Huay tung tao. Nice pavillion and playground but as most people here have already mentioned the lake is for relaxing not for swimming. So that's crossed out.

Kiddee House: Visited today. In my opinion they are asking too much for that kind of facility. The pool is very small and the playground is not well kept either.

Checked Huay tung tao. Nice pavillion and playground but as most people here have already mentioned the lake is for relaxing not for swimming. So that's crossed out.

Kiddee House: Visited today. In my opinion they are asking too much for that kind of facility. The pool is very small and the playground is not well kept either.

Other ideas:

They have birthday parties on the 2nd? 3rd? Floor of Kad Suan Kaew (behind the children's play area) with a little stage show and refreshments, etc. No idea on costs but can't be overly expensive. Was thinking of having a party for my kid there at one time.

Small Farm in San Patong area. Very nice but possibly too long a drive unless you organize a mini-van and safe driver to transport the children. http://www.smallfarm-chiangmai.com/index.php

Good luck.

• 1 month later...