weather in Khanom in november

shannonzico

hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how bad the 'rainy' season is in Khanom, we've found a really good deal for a holiday but having looked into the weather found it is the rainy season! Is it worth taking the risk, is it just showers? or constant rain? will it be bikini weather?

Many thanks.

thank you for your replies, the holiday is at avva resort on nadan beach. We want to do exploring etc so some days of lower tempretures/rain would be fine if not appreciated but we would like to be able to swim/sunbath too ? The reports i've seen say the sea is almost unusable in november due to big waves?

I guess its like going to turkey in late october? could be boiling but might not be and we aren't sure if we want to take the risk imagine it it rained solid for the whole ten days??

November is historically the rainiest month of the year in Gulf, but with weather these days who knows. It flooded in Surat in April last year which is normally the driest month of the year.

• Like 1

Have been a visitor to khanom a few times and at different times of the year this is what I will tell you.

Technically yes it is rainy season however you can never predict the weather in the south to central part of thailand that time of the year.

The so called rainy season is different from the normal rainy season in main part of thailand. In the south you suffer from the southern monsoom season and the rain that effects Malaysia that time of the year sweeps across southern thailand. Totally unpredictable im affraid you cauld have two weeks of sun sun norm temp 32/33°c or it can be raining. In my experience when it does rain it will be heavy and can at times last 24 to 36 hours straight. But then after normally you will nice nice weather for a few days and cycle will repeat. Its a risk and you will have no better than 50/50 chance of good weather.

As for the sea yes it can be quite rough there at times so be carefull.

2 questions.. Have you been there before?? And will you have transport??

You do understand you are quite isolated there.

Best of luck with your plans. Sorry I cant guarantee nice weather for you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

nope haven't been before and understand its quite isolated. Have done plenty of researched and we planned on hiring motorbikes but to be honest i doubt we will take the risk with the weather a long way to go with such a risk.

thank you all for your help, are there other parts of thailand that will be more agreeable weather wise in november ?

Anything north of surat thani should be better.

If your looking for beaches etc then take a line fron chumphon and head up the coast as far as cha am.

Hua hin is about the biggest town for tourism. Its not my idea of fun but if you like the tradition seaside holiday with tourists and shops and food then take a look. Its quite a busy place.

If you like quite quite there are many.

Not that I like guide books but lp have one on thai beaches. Its quite intresting although the book does consentrate mainly on the islands.maybe worth a look next time your passing a book store.

It's generally rainy season here now, but that can vary a lot. What kind of holiday are you looking for? Beaches and bars, or temples and trekking ? Mountains or flatlands? The choices are endless and lots of people live here and never get to everything :)

We are looking for a luxury hotel as a base on the beach in an area where we can relax on the beach aswell as spend days off sightseeing. Not interested in bars/nightlife though we want to be somewhere with a medium amount of life we really don't want to go to the main tourist traps!

Khanom can offer this for sure. However along that coastline there are a few high end resorts. But not much else its your classic long long beach front road off the main road and at times there are several km's between resorts. Food is a little pricey for the area and thailand in general and you will be stuck with the resorts food unless you have transport.

But as you first mentioned khamon you must have relised this as its quite a difficult place to reach.

Even by bus the beach area is about 3km away with only motorbike taxi available in the village.

The resorts are spread far and wide.

What you seek is available in Thailand but generaly you have to travel to find it.

Have a look at nana beach chumphon as thats quite easy.

Also despite what I said in another thread check for ban krut its nice quite and if you like food its heaven. If you want more info on the later destination then pm me as un willing to advertise to the masses. Sorry