Calling England

sunny and hot

Hi,

Does anyone know any cheap ways to call from my mobile here to a mobile in England?

I am spending about 100 bht for 2 minuted on my D tac line which is far too much. I called my girlfriend here from England for 1p a mnute but how can I do the same from here?

My mum does not use the internet so it needs to be via mobile.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

With a True inter sim (available at most 7-11's for about 50 baht) calls to a UK landline cost just one baht per minute anc calls to a UK mobile cost six baht per minute. You just need to use the prefix '0060044****' instead of '+44*****'.

• Like 1

Try voip discount?? I used it long time ago so it may have changed. But my gf at the time used dtac data and voip discount to call my mobile direct in uk. It worked ok for sure. Sometimes after 20mins it cut off so redial and sometimes we go through the 5 mins of "hello" "hello" "hello" but on the whole quite good.

Im sure there are others skype etc...... only one of you needs internet and it does not need yo be your mum.

Hope this helps someway

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I don't know the exact rates but using 00944.... with DTAC and similarly 00444, 00644, 00744, etc with other providers is pretty cheap.

These to the UK of course, otherwise use the country code in place of 44. I suspect they are VOIP connections but never any probs with call quality.

I find calling Australia in the evenings is extremely cheap, even less than Skype, don't know if that's due to 'off peak' hours or what.

All of this is mobile to mobile.

There may be better cards available at any 7/11 but it all gets too confusing to worry about. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

AIS (1-2Call) charge 6 Baht/min to the UK. I don't have the info to hand but it's on their website. PM me if you can't find it.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

When using AIS, (1,,2 call) you'll have to dial 008, then the number and it's dirt cheap. Sometimes cheaper than calling your neighbor's phone.-wai2.gif

Just tried it. Over 100 Baht to a landline in the UK for 12 minutes - Not cheap!!