Thai Toothpaste

Kommiekat

I must confess, I dig the stuff.

Not like I'm going to eat it like it was astronaut food in the tube, but it sure beats American fluoride crappaste.

I have a habit if buying toothpaste from every country I visit and have found Korean, Chinese and Thai to be some of the best non-fluoride paste around.

And, it doesn't leave a bad taste after brushing.

At the moment, I am switching between these two:

post-182848-0-06046700-1377773562_thumb.

post-182848-0-71923800-1377773562_thumb.

• Like 1

That one on the left, "Twin Lotus?", is OK; I wouldn't use it every day as it seems to have industrial abrasive/grit properties. I am pretty sure it could remove the paint from any surface.

Edited by lomatopo

My favourite is 'Darlie', or 'Darkie' as it used to be called, before the Thais realised that the name was pretty much internationally non-PC! I think they also changed the logo of a guy in a top hat from black to white. Funny old thing, this political correctness. I wonder who put pressure on the company to make the change? Or if they would have done so if the toothpaste had been called 'Falang' instead of 'Darkie'?

A lot of my Thai friends still call it Darkie.

I think the logo is still supposed to be a black guy, but he looks a lot nicer now. The old logo was pretty bad... big lips, beady eyes, all that.

It's actually made in Taiwan, and sold in lots of Asian countries, so that might have had to do with the name change.

Pretty good toothpaste, though, and cheap. I use it all the time.

Thai toothpaste is great as long as you can read Thai.

Personally, I stick to Colgate. I have found there is not a lot worse than waking up hazy eyed in the morning and accidently picking up the pile cream instead of the toothpaste................wink.png

Only have the one bathroom cabinet........

Thai toothpaste is great as long as you can read Thai.

Personally, I stick to Colgate. I have found there is not a lot worse than waking up hazy eyed in the morning and accidently picking up the pile cream instead of the toothpaste................wink.png

Only have the one bathroom cabinet........

For safety reasons, I avoid Thai toothpaste, except for Colgate products.

Colgate men,....whistling.gif

Edited by Dancealot

There was an old darkie TV commercial someone sent me by email, worth seeing what the motion picture ad was like that went along with the said 'copy.' (before they went PC)

Actually these are TAME.

It was of a sad and lonely black man, i think up until he used darkie!

A must see but not easy to find?

For safety reasons, I avoid Thai toothpaste, except for Colgate products.

Details please?

And the Colgate Palmolive muti national corp. is a lot more trust worthy?

Not so sure about that one.

The formula and Quality assurance are consistent around the world at Colgate. Asian manufacturers can still use additives and substances that are no longer acceptable in Australia, EU, USA etc. Thai labelling is not necessarily reliable and nor is Thai safety vigilance on medicines and health related products world class.

• Like 1

the salty one with herbs in it is the best ive ever used. found something similar in israel that hubby will use. no colgate and stuff for us as my sis is allergic to ingredietns in many of those 'american' style toothpastes.... its some preservative in it that causes the reaciton , so i decided to change...

besides thai toothpaste isnt cloying sweet..

I got chronically problem over 3 years that the blood come after cleaning the tooth use many different cremes also on Europe of big brands nothing could help

Try all herbal creams and there was only one attached in the picture the blood stop within one month daily use

So this Is my personal favorite!

Go and buy itpost-114169-13784650429211_thumb.jpg

I got chronically problem over 3 years that the blood come after cleaning the tooth use many different cremes also on Europe of big brands nothing could help

Try all herbal creams and there was only one attached in the picture the blood stop within one month daily use

So this Is my personal favorite!

Herbal toothpaste... Interestingthumbsup.gif