Tour agent at Chaweng

You know the tour agents right there near XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?

The one that has advertising all in English. Everything in English?

Well, I would advise you to stay away from those bozo's.

I was there today. I asked about their advertising for the "Visa Run to Malaysia".

I asked, in English for information about it, as in what when where how.

You know, just normal questions.

Isn't it common for tour agencies to speak English as a second language?

Well, turns out they don't speak English. The man was getting upset.

I was not sure if he understood English or not, and I don't think I made the wrong assumption that they understood it,

so he tries to come around the counter and start some shit with me. I mean he wanted to fight!

His wife was pulling him down by the shirt.

This punk ass bitch, in a public store, with cameras and security, was going to start a physical fight with a Customer.

I know the farther out you go from Japan, the worse customer service gets. I've seen it in Korea and China, but hell, this was really bad.

I said in both Thai and English "Thank you" and walked off.

I've got to do my shopping there sometimes and I've got the itch to lean over the counter next time I see him and punch him in the nose, but

it's not worth getting kicked out of the country.

IDIOT!

Edited by Rooo
Name & Shame

Maybe he was upset you could not speak THAI. It was hot to-day so maybe one of those days. If you have been here 5 minutes you will understand in a few years.

There is the Maybe and yes, Maybe.

I understand that it is my responsibility to learn the local language, hence, why I have just recently paid for 200 hours of the Thai language.

That's also why I fluently speak, read and write Japanese and speak a low level of Cantonese.

Languages take time.

His place is advertised ALL in English. All pamphlets are in English.

He is dealing with non-native Tourists, not local Thais.

Tour agencies must do business in English.

As far a HOT is concerned, Hong Kong gets just as hot as it does here, if not hotter.

And if you've not been to the Mojave Desert, then you don't know hot.

No it is not. And also it is not common to criticize or even provocative.

You ask like this: Visa run? when can do? how much? how long, when back?

BTW this desk at Tesco deals manly with Thais

I KNOW how to communicate with Non-native English speakers as well as non English speakers.

I've lived in Asia for 23 years.

FYI, I TEACH English as a second language.

I don't know what you mean by criticizing nor being provocative.

Yes, tour agencies DO speak English as a second language.

If they don't, then why all the pamphlets in ENGLISH??

Why is the sign of their business in ENGLISH??

Why have I seen other non-native Thais there asking questions?

WHY do you support shitty service?

Better yet, WHY are you making an excuse for shitty service?

I KNOW what bad service is. I've worked in the service sector myself.

Are you justifying that it is OK to confront a CUSTOMER with violence when they did NO WRONG??

Anwer: There simply is NO justification for his actions, whether one speaks the others language or not, the weather is hot, he is in a bad mood.. blah blah blah.......

Japanese expression:

Okyaku-sama ga, Kami-sama da!

Customer is God.

If you like shitty service, so be it.

I don't give a damn if this is groovy cool Koh Samui with all the groovy cool people striden around on Thai time.

Customer is customer.

I expect good service at Top Name stores.

I don't expect good service at mom and pop shops (though they usually do have the best service!)

Period!

mate you did the right thing

walk away and dont use shitty service anymore

if the guy is a foreigner working behind the counter he probably doesn't have a work permit for that job anyway and shouldn't be there

theres plenty of other paces to get information

• Like 1

When I first read your post, I was gonna say that it sounds like there must me more to the story than what you told. I doubt he'd "all of a sudden" be like this at you without no reason.

Seeing how your responded to this thread, I am starting to understand why this Thai dude wanted to punch you.

Agree, its always a matter of attitude too....

I KNOW how to communicate with Non-native English speakers as well as non English speakers.

I've lived in Asia for 23 years.

FYI, I TEACH English as a second language.

I don't know what you mean by criticizing nor being provocative.

Yes, tour agencies DO speak English as a second language.

If they don't, then why all the pamphlets in ENGLISH??

Why is the sign of their business in ENGLISH??

Why have I seen other non-native Thais there asking questions?

WHY do you support shitty service?

Better yet, WHY are you making an excuse for shitty service?

I KNOW what bad service is. I've worked in the service sector myself.

Are you justifying that it is OK to confront a CUSTOMER with violence when they did NO WRONG??

Anwer: There simply is NO justification for his actions, whether one speaks the others language or not, the weather is hot, he is in a bad mood.. blah blah blah.......

Japanese expression:

Okyaku-sama ga, Kami-sama da!

Customer is God.

If you like shitty service, so be it.

I don't give a dam_n if this is groovy cool Koh Samui with all the groovy cool people striden around on Thai time.

Customer is customer.

I expect good service at Top Name stores.

I don't expect good service at mom and pop shops (though they usually do have the best service!)

Period! PERIOD

I've just come to realize why you are so frustrated you must have your period's.

When I first read your post, I was gonna say that it sounds like there must me more to the story than what you told. I doubt he'd "all of a sudden" be like this at you without no reason.

Seeing how your responded to this thread, I am starting to understand why this Thai dude wanted to punch you.

Yes, of course. You both were there. You both saw. You both know.

You both always take shitty service in stride, because this is groovy cool Koh Samui and see beyond the curtain of cultural shock.

Does not matter how I responded. What happened happened.

You want to do your business there? Go right on ahead.

I did my duty and reported crap service to our community.

Now, kindly move on.

Edited by Kommiekat

mate you did the right thing

walk away and dont use shitty service anymore

if the guy is a foreigner working behind the counter he probably doesn't have a work permit for that job anyway and shouldn't be there

theres plenty of other paces to get information

Thank you for your advice and thanks for your understanding.

I too have heard they are rude and unhelpful.If you are going to advertise visa runs and have signs in english then the assumption would be they are trying to attract tourists and expats as customers and not thais as has been suggested

That is precisely what I wanted to say.

Thank you.

Maybe he was upset you could not speak THAI. It was hot to-day so maybe one of those days. If you have been here 5 minutes you will understand in a few years.

Don't see why he shud get upset because a customer couldn't speak Thai, particularly when he is targetting English speakers as his customers.

Yes it was a hot day as per most of them here but the Aircon throughout xxxxx seems pretty efficient to me.

I have been here many years and wouldn't be impressed by having to deal with an ignorant sales lackey who is probably on something. But I would walk away

looking over my back at the same time!

Edited by Rooo

Don't see why he shud get upset because a customer couldn't speak Thai, particularly when he is targetting English speakers as his customers.

Yes it was a hot day as per most of them here but the Aircon throughout Tesco's seems pretty efficient to me.

I have been here many years and wouldn't be impressed by having to deal with an ignorant sales lackey who is probably on something. But I would walk away

Where did you leave your sense of humor?

Anyway the OP is only his opinion of this guy, why not when you are at xxxx go check for you self before we slag this Tour agent on OP opinion and hear say from another person.

Edited by Rooo

Yes it was a hot day as per most of them here but the Aircon throughout xxxx seems pretty efficient to me.

Anyway the OP is only his opinion of this guy, why not when you are at xxxxxx go check for you self before we slag this Tour agent on OP opinion and hear say from another person.

That's actually not a bad idea, but the point of the thread is to warn others to stay away and do your business elsewhere.

Two people in this thread, including me, have attested to rude treatment.

So, if that's not enough for you, then go right ahead on down there, but if you find yourself in some sort of

confrontation with him, don't say I didn't warn you.

Good day!

Edited by Rooo

I can't wait to head down there and see this guy in action. He could be the next soup Nazi! Somehow though I suspect I'll be disappointed, unless I waltz in with the proud swagger of a man endowed with a Japanese tongue (gasp!), who summarily dismisses all customer service outside of Japan, and speaks the important words with capital letters.
The tour guide may be an idiot, but you, Kommiecat, are a XXXXXX.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed
  • Like 1

Yes it was a hot day as per most of them here but the Aircon throughout Tesco's seems pretty efficient to me.

Anyway the OP is only his opinion of this guy, why not when you are at Tesco go check for you self before we slag this Tour agent on OP opinion and hear say from another person.

That's actually not a bad idea, but the point of the thread is to warn others to stay away and do your business elsewhere.

Two people in this thread, including me, have attested to rude treatment.

So, if that's not enough for you, then go right ahead on down there, but if you find yourself in some sort of

confrontation with him, don't say I didn't warn you.

Good day!

I don't want to get involved in all the arguments and rhetoric here, but I have to say I enquired at the same place about exactly the same visa run advert mentioned above around six months ago and the guy behind the counter clearly knew NOTHING about the visa run being advertised and became extremely agitated and rude when I asked for more information.

I just walked away and have to agree with Kommiekat, just stay away.

If you need to do a visa run there are plenty being advertised elsewhere.

• Like 1

you clearly have no idea of Thailand, maybe some Culture Shock beginners edition would be appropriate

Period! PERIOD

I've just come to realize why you are so frustrated you must have your period's.

I can't wait to head down there and see this guy in action. He could be the next soup Nazi! Somehow though I suspect I'll be disappointed, unless I waltz in with the proud swagger of a man endowed with a Japanese tongue (gasp!), who summarily dismisses all customer service outside of Japan, and speaks the important words with capital letters.

The tour guide may be an idiot, but you, Kommiecat, are a xxxxx.

Chill out, dude - you're on your way to a nervous breakdown, or worse.

With all of those responses up above, who can not do otherswise but chill outthumbsup.gif

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed from quotation.

I don't want to get involved in all the arguments and rhetoric here, but I have to say I enquired at the same place about exactly the same visa run advert mentioned above around six months ago and the guy behind the counter clearly knew NOTHING about the visa run being advertised and became extremely agitated and rude when I asked for more information.

I just walked away and have to agree with Kommiekat, just stay away.

If you need to do a visa run there are plenty being advertised elsewhere.

That's three people including myself.

BINGO!

I too shall stay away.

I think also, I'll give this thread a rest.

R.I.P., thread.

Two thoughts about this thread. Firstly mentioning an experience is OK, but this a name& shame exercise which is clearly against forum rules.

I have edited the title and certain identifying paragraphs instead of deleting whole topic.

Secondly using crass language on this forum is a no no.

Again refer to forum rules.

• Like 1