ICT Ministry introduces "Thailand Smart Education" application

webfact

ICT Ministry introduces “Thailand Smart Education” application

BANGKOK, 3 September 2013 (NNT) – The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology has unveiled its “Thailand Smart Education” application, which will enhance the Thai education system.

After the MoU signing ceremony between the ICT Ministry and Chulalongkorn University Demonstration Elementary School, ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap said the application which can be used on tablets will uplift the Thai education system as the Ministry is adamant to enhance the potential of Thai students to be on par with their counterparts in other countries. The application has been created and developed by TOT Public Company Limited.

The “Thailand Smart Education” app can be used not only on tablet computers but also on smart phones and personal computers as well, from which students can learn from the E-learning system.

The application has been created to provide the same level of education to all students; in addition, it will help teachers learn as well in terms of technology, and the move could also lead to the country’s integrated education system, said the ICT Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-03 footer_n.gif

Graduate schools in america are amongst the best in the world, but the undergraduate level is not so, for example, american engineers (B.S) are only trained in one field and are more industry specific and the whole system is designed for obtaining grades and becoming a skilled worker, rather than becoming a intelluctual with concepts.

Graduate schools in america are amongst the best in the world, but the undergraduate level is not so, for example, american engineers (B.S) are only trained in one field and are more industry specific and the whole system is designed for obtaining grades and becoming a skilled worker, rather than becoming a intelluctual with concepts.

At least they become skilled workers... here they end up half a job semi skilled.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

Obviously they need the Thai 'Smart' app.

At least they become skilled workers... here they end up half a job semi skilled.

thumbsup.gif If even that

Panic setting in! asean

I think they have just backed the date up to prevent panic and stress. It's now 2016, I believe.

Seriously? Don't ever seeing it happen myself...perhaps Thailand will opt out with some lame reason.

As for that App? Why do Thais think so highly of such technology. Far more effort needs to be put into human resources and training of teachers. Apps are not stand-alone and should function as a component of a diverse and integrated educational program. Looks like another excuse for some teachers to sit at their desks and do nothing while kids aimlessly fiddle with their tablets.

Yes, semi-skilled is far better than some of the graduates being churned out from Thai universities. They studied exclusively from the book and have little in the way of practical skills....many of my students got into engineering programs here. God help anyone that has to drive over the bridge they built!

Panic setting in! asean

I think they have just backed the date up to prevent panic and stress. It's now 2016, I believe.

Seriously? Don't ever seeing it happen myself...perhaps Thailand will opt out with some lame reason.

As for that App? Why do Thais think so highly of such technology. Far more effort needs to be put into human resources and training of teachers. Apps are not stand-alone and should function as a component of a diverse and integrated educational program. Looks like another excuse for some teachers to sit at their desks and do nothing while kids aimlessly fiddle with their tablets.

In my experience, the Thais have spent a lot of time looking for the magic elixir, the special gimmick, the trick to all things. My involvement with education is that someone sees/hears about a particular 'thing' and if everyone does it it will all be OK and everyone will learn and be happy.

Life isn't like that and learning certainly isn't.

Panic setting in! asean

I've suspected for some time that the AEC implementation will be so full of exemptions that it will be almost unnoticeable. However, I can fairly confidently predict total chaos in the Thai educational system when they try to use the new "ASEAN Curriculum", which, when I last checked, has still not been finalized!

Panic setting in! asean

I've suspected for some time that the AEC implementation will be so full of exemptions that it will be almost unnoticeable. However, I can fairly confidently predict total chaos in the Thai educational system when they try to use the new "ASEAN Curriculum", which, when I last checked, has still not been finalized!

I was told about the ASEAN curriculum at a seminar but don't know much about it. Is it based on any particular countries curriculum? I'm sure there will be some kind of ASEAN studies subject...but I'm hoping for strong and modern math/sci/technology subjects.....Thailand also needs to get rid of many subjects at upper high school - my M6 still have to do all of 17 subjects....it's just crazy. They become jacks of all trades and masters of none.