Thai govt plans "sugar labels" on food packages to curb chronic diseases

webfact

Do not buy any food things advertised on Thai tv.

Do not buy any foods that come out of a wrapper, tin, box, pack, carton (unless it is full fat milk) etc: In other words do not buy anything that comes from a food production factory where processing destroys all of the nutrients and has poisons such as high fructose corn syrup, sugar substitutes (stevia and xylitol are OK) and all sorts of exotic man made chemical additives dumped in it!!!

I guess French Fries are OK then. Thank you.

What really irks the hell out of me , is their lack of sugar-free products available, a few years back there was a Sugar-Free Sprite , which seemed to be selling well. There is a shortage on Pepsi Max

it seems regularly. The misses some times has to drive to 2 or 3 different store to find any SF sodas,which for some strange reason is only in the Cola flavor here . I have looked on-line over the years and the amount of SF products available has grown substantially over the years, as well as the number of People suffering from Diabetes, especially in Thailand. I admit that Reese's Peanut Butter cups were probably the biggest contributor for my havin' Diabetes 2! Yet ,there's a whole line of SF products in the Chocolate flavor of which Reese's PB Cups has a SF one which is quite tasty sans Sugar! Plus, great red Licorice and Log Cabin has a fine Pancake syrup in SF category.

I mean they already bring in most of these products with Sugar , why not promote the fact they will also be bringing in the SF versions of the products they have here. I mean they sell Dr. Pepper with sugar at a ridiculous price ,why not bring in Dr. Pepper SF too.

Smucker's has allot of SF flavors for sale here in their Jellies. If the government wants to help the people , get the companies exporting to Thailand to start bringing in their SF products and as a Public Service Announcement , let the Thai people know they have a choice.

I believe the USA had a strong Sugar Lobby too ,that tried to keep the SF products in the background, but the people made it happen. I remember a lawsuit against BABY FOOD companies for adding sugar to baby foods ,which was proved totally un-necessary and afterwards it was removed.Only reason it was in the baby food was to addict us to SUGAR and create a Sweet-tooth when we didn't even have a tooth!

attachicon.gifth.jpg

attachicon.gifth (1).jpg

Oh dear!!! You have fallen into the food manufacturers trap big time. I don't know if you are aware (you obviously are not) that SF foods are far worse than sugar containing foods as they create cravings and are (apart from stevia and xylitol) toxic to the body.

I suggest you alter your searches away from seeking out SF foods to educating yourself on the subject!!

Try the Dr. Mercola website - it will be an eye opener for sure, and this guy (independant and science based advice) will put you right on the subject.

You may ignore this advice, but I can guarantee, that if you do check this website out you will change your opinions on this. By all means check out other health sites on the subject (make sure that they are not food manufacturers sites or sites sponsored by them) and they will all point to the same conclusion as to the TRUE case with sugar substitutes.

BTW, a simple bit of advice, do not buy any product that is processed, is fat free, sugar free or with health/healthy or diet written on the label as they will be a disaster for your health, guaranteed!!!

Agreed I drink a lot of Pepsi Max easily found here in Chiang Mai. Now look at me. I might have to have surgery on my knee at 71. What would happen if I was back home and drinking sugar and caffeine free Pepsi would I die. Jeez I love these prophets of doom.

Love to get the food prophets of doom in a room with the prescribed medical drugs prophets of doom. I will just keep on drinking Pepsi Max and taking what the doctor prescribes for me until I reach 100 then I might reconsider.

I do realize that all these prophets of doom have scientific evidence to back up their claims. I also know that you can find any thing you want to believe on the internet. all scientifically backed up of course.whistling.gif

There's also a lack of education regarding diabetes here.

The GF's father is diabetic but has always eaten horribly sickly sweet things since I have known him and the family encourage it by buying them.

He was recently taken to hospital with a stomach problem, brought on by taking too much medicine, none prescribed, to control symptoms probably brought on by the diabetes.

Maybe he has learnt but why are visitors still taking bottles of Hales Blue Boy syrup as a gift?

Thailand should pass a law which makes it illegal to sell sugary (more than 20%) items within 500 meters of a school. Not sure if a similar constriction could apply to deep fried pork items. Anyhow, if you observe any school, when the doors open at closing time, mobs of kids go straight to sugar and deep-fried pork offerings. I would probably do the same, if I was a schoolkid here. Yet, now we're the parents/guardians, so we should at least try to steer our kids on a moderately healthy path. Later, they can stuff themselves with msg, sugar, salt, oil, animal fat .....if they so choose. At least when they're young and tender, we can show them what's good and what's bad. Of course, it doesn't help if the parents/guardians indulge in bad habits, while they're lecturing their kids on what's right and wrong.

Chorus from Blind Lemon Jefferson' old blues song called 'Drop Down Mama'

Well my mama don't allow me to / fool around all night long

Well I may look like I'm crazy / but I do know right from wrong