I'm not coming back to LOS...Not yet anyway. Your take?

ivan96822

I went to Bangkok in 2011 and 2012 for my summer holiday....Loved 90% of everything around me. Make that 93% of everything around me. I accepted everything: pollution, feral dogs, portraits of Saddam Hussein next to JFK on Soi 3, Connect Four at the bar carts, the possibility of being mugged while taking a leak on Soi 6 at five o'clock in the morning, Mr. Lucky Man...the whole nine yards in Sukhumvit.

Enjoyed Thong Lor, Phrom Pong, Pattaya, and everything that that entails. That said, two years in a row, and it was time to branch out.

My interests are basic: party, women, nightlife, cheap beer.

Spent 60 days in Bali, Indonesia this year and felt it was comparable to Thailand, but I would give Bali a B+ to Thailand's A -. Pros of Bali: Less working girls, better beaches, not so many degenerates. Pros of Thailand: cheaper, better nightlife, more variety, and excellent public transportation. Cons of Bali: relatively expensive beer, limited and extremely concentrated nightlife (Legian / Kuta / Seminyak), and dependence on taxis day in and day out. Cons of Thailand: many working girls. Period. I can accept the corrupt cops and the man rolling down the street with one leg, sitting on a skateboard, no arms, and using his left foot as adeptly as you and I smoke a cigarette or drink a coffee. I also don't mind sloshing down the sois barefoot after a typhoon not knowing what the hell could be in that ink black water. No problem with Nigerian drug dealers, Indian tailors, child beggars, and all sorts of folk with various disabilities coexisting amongst traffic-clogged streets.

That said, I am at a quandary as to where to go next summer. Your suggestions, mates?

From a personal standpoint, I would love to have the privilege of coming back to Thailand, but I would enjoy some place new altogether. I flogged the dead horse with Indonesia, so I would appreciate your insight and / or wisdom to this situation?

Again, let me reiterate my thesis: party, women, nightlife, cheap beer.

Your suggestions, mates?

Thanks for the read.

Edited by ivan96822
  • Like 1

U should try cambodia....siem reap first then phnom penh. Cheap beer....cheap girls....cheap hotels. Siem reap pub street.tongue.png

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would personally substitute the words "good value" for "cheap" in at least two of your examples...

.... most probably all three.

Edited by cardholder
  • Like 1

You sound as if you are almost ready for Pattaya............................

Agree ,he's a seasoned sex tourist, so will luv it in Pattaya & Phuket.

I am no sex tourist.

I am in my thirties and not desperate. I stayed in Pattaya and got rather bored of seeing the hard-core, tattooed chicks with platform shoes standing around Walking Street and calling out to every falang they saw...

Phuket is too small for my tastes. Probably very similar to Bali.

That said, any other locations that you suggest other than Cambodia?

The only places worth a visit are Cambodia and the Philippines , I'm your age and been allover ASEAN . one of the great things about Thailand is that its cheap to fly anywhere in Asia , so base yourself in Pattaya ( there's more to patts than walking street and soi 6/7/8) and take a chance , first place I would go PP , there's no place like it . then get the bus and go to snooky, great beaches and just has a really good feel to the place

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am no sex tourist.

I am in my thirties and not desperate. I stayed in Pattaya and got rather bored of seeing the hard-core, tattooed chicks with platform shoes standing around Walking Street and calling out to every falang they saw...

Ivan you are in your 30s got bored with pattaya and not desperate ?? Phuket is to small, Cambodia well gary's not there now so fill your boots Ivan

• Like 2

U should try cambodia....siem reap first then phnom penh. Cheap beer....cheap girls....cheap hotels. Siem reap pub street.tongue.png alt=tongue.png>

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would personally substitute the words "good value" for "cheap" in at least two of your examples...

.... most probably all three.

you should never say this is cheap.. in any Asian country just say price not to bad but better in "wherever"

I am no sex tourist.

ivan try the uk then plenty of different people there as long as you keep me updated with pics.. not seen for a long time

And....here is the million dollar question regarding Cambodia:

CAN YOU DRINK YOUR BEER IN PUBLIC without being accosted by the police?

One of my favorite features of both Thailand and Indonesia is that this is seen as an innocent occupation and is regarded in the same manner as a jogger with a bottle of fresh water.

And....here is the TWO million dollar question:

Are the women who frequent the nightlife scene mostly FREELANCERS and / or PROSTITUTES?

I enjoyed the fact that in Bali, you could meet a girl and not have to pay for special attention. This happened a few times in Bangkok, too, though I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised and even relieved when we would part company the next morning and she would NOT ask me to pay for special attention...

Edited by ivan96822

There you have it. Cambodia rocks!

Interesting...So is Phnom Penh better than Bangkok? Why or why not?

Please explain with details, gents....Some specifics would be nice.

Phnom Penh is like Bangkok in the 70's but much smaller. It's much cosier than Bangkok and more wild west than big city.

Google Phonm Penh nightlife and you will get the picture.

Day time haunts like the Foreign Correspondents Club and anyplace along the waterfront are a breath of fresh air after a night bar hopping. Not sure if still open but Sharkey's and Martini's were great places to see dusky maidens and play pool or just drink cheap beer.

One of my favorite features of both Thailand and Indonesia is that this is seen as an innocent occupation and is regarded in the same manner as a jogger with a bottle of fresh water.

Are the women who frequent the nightlife scene mostly FREELANCERS and / or PROSTITUTES?

I enjoyed the fact that in Bali, you could meet a girl and not have to pay for special attention. This happened a few times in Bangkok, too, though I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised and even relieved when we would part company the next morning and she would NOT ask me to pay for special attention...

Remind me again why you have a need to drink beer in public ?

Police do not give a shit about drinking in public.

cardholder, I sometimes like to sit by the river and drink a beer; I think there is nothing wrong with that.

The girls in the girlie bars are hookers. Khmer are very conservative, finding a "decent" girl will take a long time (and probably a marriage certificate).

^^^^^^^^

Good feedback....Though I do have to wonder why my research has revealed that PP / Siam Riep looks about as lively as the height of Ramadan in Indonesia....Any explanation for the lack of street traffic, blasting stereos, and other evidence of nightlife???

That said, it would appear to be a notch or two above a few corners of the globe, but this international gent will need a bit more twisting of the arm... :)

It does, however, provide great relief that the police do NOT discriminate against the beer-toting individuals who happen to enjoy South East Asian culture. What wholesome entertainment, indeed...

Police do not give a shit about drinking in public.

cardholder, I sometimes like to sit by the river and drink a beer; I think there is nothing wrong with that.

The girls in the girlie bars are hookers. Khmer are very conservative, finding a "decent" girl will take a long time (and probably a marriage certificate).

Then Pattaya is not for you.

Just because she didn't ask you for money (too embarrassed, didn't want to cause a scene, loss of face etc) doesn't mean money was not expected.

One night stands between farangs tourists and 'good' Thai girls from clubs and bars are just not common in Thailand.

Even Thai girls and Thai guys don't often do it according to my Thai mates.

So if you were regularly going out to clubs and hooking up chances are these girls were hookers / freelancers / bar girls / whatever you want to call them.

What parts of Bangkok / clubs were you getting one night stands from?

In Cambodia it's even less likely you'll meet a good girl let alone have a one night stand.

They mostly aren't available to farangs...or should I say barangs...and they don't hang about in clubs mostly.

There's some more well off girls who go to clubs that mostly consist of locals but they tend to be well off, elite, and often have their local rich / gangster boyfriend in tow.

Your chances of non p4p in Cambodia will be slim.

You can hit up some of the Asian dating sites and find the odd regular girl but many of their turn out to be pro's in disguise.

there's no place like it . then get the bus and go to snooky, great beaches and just has a really good feel to the place

Sihnoukville is an awful dump these days.

The main beach is filthy, polluted, covered in trash and rife with small kids begging and hassling you.

They are the most aggressive I've seen in SE Asia.

OK for a couple of days but really little to keep most people occupied IME other than young backpackers who are happy to dance on the beach / in beach huts every night and drink buckets.

Perhaps there's a good p4p scene too but I've never seen it on both my trips to Snooky.

^^^^^^^^^

Whatever our cultural differences are, I had no problem with no monetary morning transactions in BKK. Save face, don't cause a scene, etc....That is their business. Not mine.

With all due respect, I did my time in Thailand and was quite pleased with the results. Were they angels? Please...

So please, leave your lecture for somebody else. I was merely trying to get insider information on travel destinations that suit my tastes.

The irony is that since you are such an "expert" in this area, you still had to ask this question, so I will answer:

"What parts of Bangkok / clubs were you getting one night stands from?" TheSpade

Obviously the ones you didn't go to, the ones you didn't know about, or the ones you had to pay FOR to get to.

Edited by ivan96822

I was asking because I was going to prove to you that the girls you were meeting were hookers you fool.

Let me guess Spicy? Insomnia? Climax? MiXX? Scratch Dog? Some fake 'high class' club on Soi 11? Kowsan Road? Some other after hour joint?

biggrin.png

Most regular Thai girls would never dream of going home with a random farang holiday maker from a club. They would be socially outcasted by their friends and labelled a whore.

This is FACT.

Now I'm not saying you can never get a one night stand from clubs from a regular non p4p Thai girl, you definitely can, but it's not common and most guys I see saying this then go on to say it happened in Insomnia, Spicy or one of the other hooker hangouts I listed above which is just hilarious as a regular girl wouldn't be seen dead in those clubs.

Some people are very gullible and naïve. Or stupid. Either that or they just pretended they didn't know she was a hooker so they could avoid paying. I know guys who do that if they think they can get away with it.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 2