Thai Navy celebrates Submarine Day

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can save the country a fortune, all they need to do is buy a plastic duck and moore ot where ever, all of Asia loved it no hostilities everybody happy, of course they cost several billion baht but hell we all have retire some time.

hahaha those silly Thais again. Wait! What is this I found in Wikipedia? ...

"April 11 is commemorated by the United States submarine community as Submarine Day, the anniversary of April 11, 1900 when the American Government purchased its first commissioned submarine, the USS Holland."

Looks like their just importing their silliness from another great country overseas. Over and out, Scotty....

Maybe I am just being a bit picky, but it seems to me a country with submarines having a submarine

day makes a whole lot more sense that a country without submarines having a submarine day......

Research who put a stop to this submarine nonsense a few years ago, and it will make this latest

attempt to get a submarine even more ridiculous...

Malaysia bought a couple of toy diesel subs for 3.4 billion ringit. After seeing a photo of the submarine, I have a feeling it would not do well against a USA Los Angeles class submarine... :-)

http://www.defencetalk.com/malaysia-first-submarine-unable-to-dive-24168/

The " commission " scoop off was 540 million ringit...

Ahhhh now this desire for a submarine is making more sense !!!!1

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Only in Thailand. What's next space shuttle day? They don't have one of those either.

Duck and dive, so you don't have to solve the problems on the surface. Why do they need submarines in a country surrounded by shallow water in the first place? To threaten the Maldives?

Muff diving 101!

no muff's too tough...we dive at 5...

I always wondered where that came from....

"Sometime during the mid to late 1960's, in Pasadena, California USA, there was an auto muffler shop called "American Muffler". On their sign, and on gimme hats and T-shirts they sold, it said, "American Muffler - the friendly muffler shop - "No Muff Too Tough... We Dive 'Till 5"."