Air Travel From Bangkok To Korat

SnakeBite

this airlink )not that much viable at any rate) has been withdrawn since last year.

Alt: about 20 trains/day and a bus every 10 mins (halfhourly in the night). IF you are smart enough, one can even board that bus ACROSS from the airport at the layby just across from Wat DonMuang

PB ... cannot land in Europe due to poor maintenance .... plus add the trip to Don Muang ... PB's late departures etc ... take as bus from MorChit or a train from HuaLomphong!@

Edited by jdinasia

PB ... cannot land in Europe due to poor maintenance .... plus add the trip to Don Muang ... PB's late departures etc ... take as bus from MorChit or a train from HuaLomphong!@

You are slandering a company bases upon no evidence. Phuket Air is banned from landing in the EU. PB Air doesn't even fly internationally except for one route to Vietnam.

Read the full list of banned airlines supplied by the EU and you will not see PB Air on it.

Be a bit more careful when posting. I cannot find any record of safety incidents with PB Air in any accident database, or news archives. From what I can see their safety record looks good.

Plenty of news stories about bus crashes in Thailand though.

cv

right on both counts ... thought PB (though note I did not use PBAir) was the IATA code for Phuket Airlines (did not mean to make a libelous statement) PB is actually the IATA code for a Canadian Airlines (Provincial)

As for PB Air ... there is almost ZERO information on the web (that would include Zero information on any accidents ... very probably a good thing!!! and zero info on the fleet's maintenance ... whether they are leased or owned etc ... not so good!) Again ... I maide a mistake above though ... and readily admit it :-) and again no "Libel" intended

That being said. I do have a personal distaste for planes with propellors so all in all; I still happily stand with using Bus or Train to Nakhon Ratchasima though :o Plenty of pretty country and not much more time involved!

((before someone looks to see if PB Air flies prop planes ... that impression came from the one website beyond theirs that I found them mentioned on ... their website says they are only using 2 models of jet now))

pps and at 4,720 baht to Buriram Round Trip .... plus then getting from Buriram to Nakhorn Ratchasima Round trip etc .... not very cost effective even when weighed against time constraints

Edited by jdinasia

• 3 weeks later...

where can I get info of prices for train travel from Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima, please?

Coming over in 3 weeks and need to find somewhere to live too. see other thread if you think you can help.

Much obliged to you all.

Loz

And if you travel by train from the airport you just cross using the walkway to the hotel from Terminal 1 and exit into the train station - there is no need to go downtown or even use a taxi.