O Use A 30 Year Lease Or Company As Safety Net.

Not sure which route to go.

We have 2 houses both in my Thai wifes name.She wants to sign the second one over to me because i worry if we ever broke up to have a safety net.

The second house i want and we would like to sell in a year or 2 so i don't want to have to pay transfer fees a second time now to sign it to a company which i would have to set up.

Seems a lot cheaper to just take out a 3 by 30year lease as the rent would be zero because i already paid for the house and also i was thinking we could cancel the lease if we wanted to sell it in a year or 2.

Does that sound right and any comments about doing a lease for a safety net or am i better just to set up a company. My wife and I are quite strong so I doubt we would break up but i want the security of a safety net and also it's moe incentive for her not to stray.

I do appreciate any pointers.

Not sure which route to go.

We have 2 houses both in my Thai wifes name.She wants to sign the second one over to me because i worry if we ever broke up to have a safety net.

The second house i want and we would like to sell in a year or 2 so i don't want to have to pay transfer fees a second time now to sign it to a company which i would have to set up.

Seems a lot cheaper to just take out a 3 by 30year lease as the rent would be zero because i already paid for the house and also i was thinking we could cancel the lease if we wanted to sell it in a year or 2.

Does that sound right and any comments about doing a lease for a safety net or am i better just to set up a company. My wife and I are quite strong so I doubt we would break up but i want the security of a safety net and also it's moe incentive for her not to stray.

I do appreciate any pointers.

I don't normally suggest usufructs, but most Land offices only make a nominal charge for registering rather than the rental income percentage on a lease. Seems expensive to go down Company route for only a couple of years.