Slideshow software for a b'day in Thailand

itchybum

Anyone know something to download to provide a slideshow thingy for a birthday party ?

BUT...it needs to, or I would like it to, be able to vary the delayed movement between each photo, for example between most photos a delay of say 3 seconds would be fine, but there are several photos that I would like it to stay focused on for a longer timeframe, maybe 5 seconds etc...

Anyone ?

I downloaded Photostory and its doing what I want, very good actually for me anyway.

Only thing is its transitions are a tad limited and basic.

Got a 12 minute slideshow now....complete with music.

Just got to find out how to cut and save sections of music now, whole songs are a bit much when only needed for a short section of pics.

Anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks for the info above.

Ok....further assistance required..

When a project is completed in photostory it saves it in WMV format for playback on windows media player.

This format does not seem to play on several other players, could not play on our telly through the disc player and when I converted it to avi by 'anysoft video converter' it played back in much lesser quality, basically not nearly as clear as the original vid....then, I also tried to upload the WMV to youtube, but the quality of the end video really sucked, so much so will have to delete it and start again.

But, how to start, how to use that wmv vid for youtube ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, itchy, saw you question and decided to help.

Don't know about Photostory, never tried it.

But i know about one simple program - Smartshow, almost like Proshow, but much more easier to operate.

It also can output files in HD or EXE extension so you can burn these on dvd or just watch it on TV using cable or USB-flash.

Smartshow has many transition effects and, again, it's very simple to use.

Though it's not free - it has free trial so you can try it for free

• Like 1