How much coasts good quality hearing device in Thailand?

Sandman77

Hi threre!

What are the prices of good quality hearing devices for old people in Thailand?

And where are the shops?

My grandmother now 93 old here the devices in the eu beginn with 300€ and 1000€ up but is it nearly nesarsary to spend so much money maybe a more expansive product also not better then a cheap one? I don't know what are good brands and value for money?

Would the price not depend on the type of deafness? Does the aid simply need to amplify sound or is it linked to the mastoid bone? Is the wearer deaf one side and not the other? Do you need twin aids or a single?

Then people with a similar aid might be able to help. Not trying to be funny. There are different types of deafness. My mother did not wear one in the ear. She wore a different type.

I went through this with my father. He was always complaining that people were mumbling and not talking clearly. So arranged a hearing test which showed that his hearing was very deficient in high frequencies. So all he could hear were the low frequencies which sounded like mumbling to him.

With modern digital hearing aids it is possible to balance the frequency spectrum, i.e. boost high frequencies where necessary and suppress low frequencies

Another problem was the fit of the hearing aid. If it is not a good fit it can result in feedback and the high pitch whistling noise. So a good custom fit is necessary.

Also even when my father was forced to wear his earpieces there was no guarantee they were switched on (he liked to save battery power). I believe there are now available hearing aids with remote control, so that you can always make sure that the ear pieces are switched on when talking to obstinate old people.

Of course you could buy some cheap Chines hearing aids, but you may be wasting your money.

Three years ago I spent 38,000 for a pair of form fitted in-canal hearing aids through eartone in Bangkok (I got mine from a clinic in Khonkaen). One of the best moves of my life.....long overdue. Like cataracts, hearing loss usually creeps up on you.....you don't notice it, but everyone else does.

I went through this with my father. He was always complaining that people were mumbling and not talking clearly. So arranged a hearing test which showed that his hearing was very deficient in high frequencies. So all he could hear were the low frequencies which sounded like mumbling to him.

With modern digital hearing aids it is possible to balance the frequency spectrum, i.e. boost high frequencies where necessary and suppress low frequencies

Another problem was the fit of the hearing aid. If it is not a good fit it can result in feedback and the high pitch whistling noise. So a good custom fit is necessary.

Also even when my father was forced to wear his earpieces there was no guarantee they were switched on (he liked to save battery power). I believe there are now available hearing aids with remote control, so that you can always make sure that the ear pieces are switched on when talking to obstinate old people.

Of course you could buy some cheap Chines hearing aids, but you may be wasting your money.

I can picture the old folk dozing. Ignoring all the inane claptrap going on around them with their hearing aids turned off until someone comes along with a remote control and ZAPS them back to life!! w00t.gifcheesy.gif