Converting Tourist visa to Non-Imm "O" based on retirement at Nonthaburi office

Just wanted to add a note to the forum reporting on my experience at the Nonthaburi immigration office today. It was all very simple. I arrived at 10:15 and was out by 11:00. Half of that time was simply waiting for my number to be called. (On my last couple of visits to this office I notice that 10:30am seems to be the sweet spot where the morning rush is processed and gone and the office is nearly empty of customers.)

I wanted to convert my tourist visa to a non-imm "O", and later apply for a one year extension of stay. I am a 52 year old US citizen. I submitted my form (TM 86) with 1 photo, copies of my passport (the ID page, tourist visa, last entry stamp), and a copy of my departure card. They wanted evidence of current address, so I gave them a copy of my rental lease. And for the financial requirement I gave them the original "Embassy Letter" I got at the US Embassy yesterday. Neither the embassy or the immigration officer asked for any actual proof of funds, although I had copies of all those documents (funds in US accounts, and my SCB passbook) prepared to show if needed. The officer looked through all the documents, took my 2000 THB and asked me to wait. Fifteen minutes later it was all done, including a new 90 day report. I'll go back in 60-70 days and apply for my one year extension of stay.

Question: I suppose I need to get a new embassy letter for the one year extension application? They don't have a file showing I already submitted an original affidavit?

Ever since the re-modeling of the Nonthaburi office, it has been a pleasure to do business there. Although more distant from my house, the Nonthaburi office is much nicer, faster and more predictable than Chaengwattana. When the MRT Purple line finally opens, this office will be even easier to reach. The staff are very pleasant, and the Immigration Captain hands over all the passports to the customers personally and points out the new visas and expiration dates, which I think is a nice touch. Kudos to the staff of the Nonthaburi Immigration Office.