Scot assaulted by two 'Irishmen' on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Hmmmm the Scottish guy is wearing a Rangers FC top.

Chances of the two Irish guys being Celtic fans and this being an argument stemmed from football/religion? Very high in my opinion.

As a Celtic fan myself, I will say first that two men against one is cowardice, secondly, it is wrong to assume that the Celtic fans just automatically attacked the Rangers fan because of his top. Nobody knows what was said or between whom when the guys first met, but I think it would be safe to say that the altercation was alcohol related.

So, you have presumed, it's safe to say they are Celtic fans I presume???

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aw shucks, this is normal tourist behavior. I often see Thais is the USA, seeking out Cambodians to beat up 19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKn width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Thailand has become over touristed and the locals will hold us in even lower regard.

I just watched Only God forgives where one scene an American thug insults a Thai father saying "I want to <deleted> your 14 year old daughter" Another scene trups the former when a UK thug tells a Thai cop he is a c@nt for blocking his view...

Unfortunately some locals paint all of us with the same brush- and I'm understanding why.

My thoughts exactly, back before all these losers and thugs started coming to Thailand, the Thais actually seemed to like us farang.

Both Scots and Irish are inclined to be heavy drinkers and can become very abusive when drunk . I note 3:30am , should give an indication of how drunk they all were . At that hour they should all be tucked up in the beds at their hotel .

If they weren't too drunk they might each have a bargirl for company .

I pity the poor bargirl who would end up with either of the two idiotic looking yobs in the photo.

Do the media actually ride around with the BIB. They always seem to be on hand to record/photograph the arrests. When ever I attend such an incident there is never a reporter within cooee.

The two allegedly Irish guys seem like a couple of arrogant smug morons. Refusing to give your details to the police definitely doesn't help your cause. I believe an attitude adjustment is in order.

Would not surprise me if one was administered.whistling.gif

Chances of the two Irish guys being Celtic fans and this being an argument stemmed from football/religion? Very high in my opinion.

As a Celtic fan myself, I will say first that two men against one is cowardice, secondly, it is wrong to assume that the Celtic fans just automatically attacked the Rangers fan because of his top. Nobody knows what was said or between whom when the guys first met, but I think it would be safe to say that the altercation was alcohol related.

There is nothing to prove these yobs were Celtic fans at the moment either. Whether they turn out to be citizens of Eire, the UK or some where else, I don't think Celtic FC would want them as fans.

I think you are right, that whatever sparked this off, it was alcohol fueled.

One of the reasons I love Thailand is because you get away from the drunken yob often football related idiocy which I'm afraid affects most of the UK not just Rangers and Celtic.Latest example: Bristol Rovers v Bristol City fans fighting 2 weeks ago. The last thing I would put in a suitcase to take to Thailand is a football top, or anything else that reminded me of the UK lol. Sorry, I don't understand the mentality of why people seek out British/German/Irish etc etc bars either when they travel 7000 miles for a holiday. Far cheaper to just stay in London, Munich and Dublin and drink yourselves under the table, or better still.stay in Benidorm.

Personally, I go out of my way to avoid anything that reminds me of the UK when I'm in Thailand, that includes people, bars, food and even the newspapers lol.

• Like 1

Jaysus!,

thank <deleted> for TVCSI! we'd be lost without them,

I just want to point out as an Irishman who has NO interest whatsoever in football(and has worked security details both sides of the border since the troubles with both Protestant and Catholic lads AND worked Security in both Glasgow and Edinburgh)that I highly doubt Religion had anything to do with it,

the Irish have about as much interest in fighting over Religion nowadays as any English man would have in defending a BBC comedian accused of being a pedophile.

chances are it was a drunken brawl,it MAY have been "fitbaw" related or it may have just been pishheads fighting over <deleted> all,

if they ARE Irish,I'm ashamed of them for double teaming some guy and then smugging it up for the camera's.

As an Irish guy myself, I have never heard an Irish person who claimed to be a Glasgow Celtic fan!

Most likely it was the usual nonsense - one drunk meets two drunks and a fight breaks out whereby the two drunks win.

Having said that, I was not there and did not witness it. They could all have been sober and the Scottish guy claimed that the Body of Christ was in the host according to the "transubstantiation" view whereas the Irish guys held to the "insubstantiation" view. But somehow I doubt that explanation!

Do the media actually ride around with the BIB. They always seem to be on hand to record/photograph the arrests. When ever I attend such an incident there is never a reporter within cooee.

The two allegedly Irish guys seem like a couple of arrogant smug morons. Refusing to give your details to the police definitely doesn't help your cause. I believe an attitude adjustment is in order.

To not produce a visa when asked. No ID for a Farang? Go to jail until it is produced. When they sober up they'll sing a new song Not an Irish jig but a sad Scottish balad

But according to the Thai Visa culture experts, two or more farang never would attack a single victim. According to them it's only Thais who would consider outnumbering their target ... which I assume means all the violence caused by European football hooligans in Europe is actually engineered by undercover Thais.

U beat me to it

You guys are so right. So based on TV logic, all Irishmen must be cowards, right? 2 against 1? That would certainly be the case if the perpetrators happen to be Thai. What a bunch of hypocrites TV posters are.

Rent a Muay Thai fighter for an hour with the task to get the two Irish into a similar medical condition as the Scot, then load all three of them onto airplanes home with a red stamp in their passports. Case closed.

w00t.gif Irish fighters would knock the crap out of muay thai boxers.......

They are from my caravan site and they support Burriram!

There is nothing to prove these yobs were Celtic fans at the moment either. Whether they turn out to be citizens of Eire, the UK or some where else, I don't think Celtic FC would want them as fans.

I think you are right, that whatever sparked this off, it was alcohol fueled.

It's not a Rangers top, it's similar to one from 20 odd years ago but does not have the sponsors name on the fronthttp://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers-change-kits.html

It most certainly is a Rangers Top. It's not a home or away strip but it's a training top as it has the Rangers Crest on it.

Try opening the link to the story before trying to discredit people on here.

fight-1.jpg

Who was I trying to discredit? I only went on the picture on the OP which didn't have the sponsor on the front as is normally the case. I stand corrected.

On the subject of discrediting people you seem to be quite apt at it yourself with your generalisation about Scots and Irish.

Stones and glasshouses mate.

The Scottish guy is wearing a Glasgow Rangers football top. Rangers are the Protestant team in Glasgow. The Irish guys probably saw the "Proddie" and decided to beat him up. The brain dead on both sides of the Religious divide in Ireland and Scotland have been carrying on a pathetic religious war for the last century or so. They'll be sorry they brought it over to Thailand after a night in jail...

I have been on the receiving side too. I was walking through Glasgow one day with a t-shirt on (which I had bought in Thailand a few years earlier) which had varicoloured horizontal stripes on a white background. There were some green stripes in it - the colour of the Glasgow catholic team. Celtic. A couple of young hoodlums accused me of being a "dirty fenian bastard" and I got a couple of stab wounds and a black eye for nothing.

The Irish guys "probably" decided to beat him up... for what reason?

You state you were beaten up by protestants in Glasgow, so do you think that maybe the Scottish guy was at fault? Why blame the Irish guys straight away.

Would this be possible: The Irish were sick of listening to some idiot swearing abuse at them and decided to give him a good kicking.

You shouldn't just jump to conclusions based on 1 photo.

And you shouldn't call the war in Ireland pathetic either. You don't know anything about the troubles or civil war in Ireland.. I've had family murdered at the hands of British troops for no reason. There's nothing pathetic about wanting our freedom, the English have only brought suffering to Ireland.

The Scottish guy is wearing a Glasgow Rangers football top. Rangers are the Protestant team in Glasgow. The Irish guys probably saw the "Proddie" and decided to beat him up. The brain dead on both sides of the Religious divide in Ireland and Scotland have been carrying on a pathetic religious war for the last century or so. They'll be sorry they brought it over to Thailand after a night in jail...

"Religious" war ? I seriously doubt they were fighting over the efficacy of indulgences, or the total absence of Scriptural warrant for The Assumption of Mary, The Immaculate Conception etc...........

I have been on the receiving side too. I was walking through Glasgow one day with a t-shirt on (which I had bought in Thailand a few years earlier) which had varicoloured horizontal stripes on a white background. There were some green stripes in it - the colour of the Glasgow catholic team. Celtic. A couple of young hoodlums accused me of being a "dirty fenian bastard" and I got a couple of stab wounds and a black eye for nothing.

The Irish guys "probably" decided to beat him up... for what reason?

You state you were beaten up by protestants in Glasgow, so do you think that maybe the Scottish guy was at fault? Why blame the Irish guys straight away.

Would this be possible: The Irish were sick of listening to some idiot swearing abuse at them and decided to give him a good kicking.

You shouldn't just jump to conclusions based on 1 photo.

And you shouldn't call the war in Ireland pathetic either. You don't know anything about the troubles or civil war in Ireland.. I've had family murdered at the hands of British troops for no reason. There's nothing pathetic about wanting our freedom, the English have only brought suffering to Ireland.

And you have only brought hypocrisy and nonsense to this thread.

• Like 1