Point of Sale System for Restaurant

Go look at the Vivipos system distributed by Casio. It is in the Casio display at Makro. It is a western designed standalone restaurant system that allows the use of Thai language as well. If you have some understanding of computers it is relatively easy to set up, Casio set it up for you initially and you can email the Vivipos people in Australia or elsewhere and they are helpful. The cost is about 70,000 for the system including 2 printers (one for kitchen, one for cashier / bar), a cash drawer, touch screen and hard drive and software (cheaper with smaller screen or just using one printer). Being standalone, it means it cant be used for facebook, music systems, googling etc which can cause problems on a PC based system when staff are trying to fill in time... If you PM me, I can tell you where to go and have a look at one in operation.

Sounds good. Does this system allow for the hand held pads that waiters can input orders into?

Please note that the POS contract is always tied to your company's banking relationship, and the process of getting POS terminals always starts in your bank. They will tell you what brands of terminals they support and give you advice about the vendors. Sometimes they may have special offers - I have even seen the whole setup paid by the bank, harware, software and all.

Please note that the POS contract is always tied to your company's banking relationship, and the process of getting POS terminals always starts in your bank. They will tell you what brands of terminals they support and give you advice about the vendors. Sometimes they may have special offers - I have even seen the whole setup paid by the bank, harware, software and all.

I am sorry, but that info is incorrect. You can buy a POS system without contract and it does not need to be tied into your company bank account.

Go look at the Vivipos system distributed by Casio. It is in the Casio display at Makro. It is a western designed standalone restaurant system that allows the use of Thai language as well. If you have some understanding of computers it is relatively easy to set up, Casio set it up for you initially and you can email the Vivipos people in Australia or elsewhere and they are helpful. The cost is about 70,000 for the system including 2 printers (one for kitchen, one for cashier / bar), a cash drawer, touch screen and hard drive and software (cheaper with smaller screen or just using one printer). Being standalone, it means it cant be used for facebook, music systems, googling etc which can cause problems on a PC based system when staff are trying to fill in time... If you PM me, I can tell you where to go and have a look at one in operation.

Sounds good. Does this system allow for the hand held pads that waiters can input orders into?

Yes it can be used on ipad or iphone I think, .. more available if you search on it ....

it's the credit card machine that needs to be worked through the bank - but Vivipos deals with the 3% fee if you want to charge it and keeps record of what's paid in cash, visa or mastercard etc .... an International system designed specifically for restaurants

Edited by Beachedwhale