Thailand to launch campaign to recruit organ donors

webfact

Thailand to launch campaign to recruit organ donors

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will launch a campaign to encourage moreorgan donors, as thousands of patients await transplants, Health Minister Pradit Sintawanarong said.

Last year there were more than 3,500 patients awaiting organtransplants in Thailand, but only 136 donors, Health Minister Pradit Sintawanarong said.

The per centage of donors among the population was 15 times lower than the international average, he said.

He set a target of getting 1,000 organ donors per year.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-20

One can say without a doubt that it won't be the man and the woman in the street getting donated organs, it'll be the moneyed classes.

As said one is also led to wonder just how much " organ harvesting'' may arise due to this scheme?

Remember most Thai's wouldn't give youi the time of day even if he or she had two watches.,

Do we really think that with their cultural and religious beliefs that the average Thai would freely donate an essential organ?

• Like 1

just curious as to the legitimacy of this project. With all the corruption following most things, it would not surprise me that this will be used as a means for the rich to get organs before anyone else.

An example would be......... truck accident, guy dies at scene, rescue service are aware of a hi-so who needs an organ. Card is planted on body and organs are harvested. I know its a bit cynical and out there but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I hear Abhisit is after a new mouth that he can fit both feet in.

Edited by Calimotty

just curious as to the legitimacy of this project. With all the corruption following most things, it would not surprise me that this will be used as a means for the rich to get organs before anyone else.

An example would be......... truck accident, guy dies at scene, rescue service are aware of a hi-so who needs an organ. Card is planted on body and organs are harvested. I know its a bit cynical and out there but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Very good!

Of course P.M. Yingluck is looking for a complete person who looks like her so that she can leave her in Parliament while she tours the world shopping and entertaining V.I.P.s

Very good!

Of course P.M. Yingluck is looking for a complete person who looks like her so that she can leave her in Parliament while she tours the world shopping and entertaining V.I.P.s

Don't be so tough on her. I hear she's donating her brain to veterinary science.

• Like 1

Given the obvious importance of this, I would be interested to know just how many MPs are registered organ donors? I'm sure there's someone out there who would be grateful to get hold of Chalerm's liver. Or ears. But seriously, will they be coming out to tell us, or is it another case of getting the poor to give so the rich can take advantage?

Offensive and needless assertion,it's for his kidney donor kebab franchise

With the lack of drivingskills around here, they can just wait at any highway and there will be plenty of organs available 24/7 ! w00t.gif width=18 alt=w00t.gif>

With 26.000 (?) roadfatalities/year, they can even start to export them!

New hub idea!!whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

This is easily fixed .....From today compulsory organs as needed will be taken from the countless idiot drivers that have caused death and carnage to others on the roads ,that includes bus drivers and minivans as well as public private speedsters and drunks surviving or freshly dead! Problem solved ......"& in other news......."coffee1.gif

They don't need the project to do that. They can do it any how.

I personally think it is a good idea. Also set up a red cross type thing for giving blood.

Very good!

Don't be so tough on her. I hear she's donating her brain to veterinary science.

Perhaps Calimotty would consider joining her. He approves of every thing else she does.