Mazda CX5 Thailand Introduction When?

OMGImInPattaya

More OT- Just noticed that the CRV will run E20, too. They must have updated something- just electronics, mapping, etc?

On topic- the CX5 is supposed to be import duty free since it is built in Malaysia. But it costs more than the top model CRV!

BTW- CX5 delivery dates are moving from 2-3 months on launch to 6-7 months. Motor expo may be moving that further out! I'll check on that today.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously Underpowered Vehicles.biggrin.png

Mazda CX-5 2.2. L Diesel: 175 HP, 420 Nm torque for 1540 kgs is not really «underpowered», isn't it? biggrin.png

On Paper No, they are not,but when Thais fill em up with half the Village they are.They cant hold on to a Mitsu Mini on our Mountains. biggrin.png

Odd a Mitsu Mini come with 2 different engines.... a 660 cc or a 1100 cc even empty, cannot see them being faster than a CX 5 fully loaded up your Mountian ?facepalm.gif

Seriously Underpowered Vehicles.biggrin.png

Mazda CX-5 2.2. L Diesel: 175 HP, 420 Nm torque for 1540 kgs is not really «underpowered», isn't it? biggrin.png

Is that the same engine as in the BT50/Ranger with a bit of chiptuning?

AU info on the CX 5 diesel put in front..

Against all its competitors, the Mazda CX-5 offers the best combination of pulling power and fuel efficiency. The 2.2-litre ‘Skyactiv-D’ engine produces 129kW of power (at 4500rpm) and a class-leading 420Nm of torque (at 2000rpm). There’s some initial lag and a bit of a torque hole just above 1500rpm, but with an extra 222Nm over the petrol engine, the diesel feels much stronger and more responsive through the mid range up to its unusually high 5200rpm redline.

Saw my first one "in the wild" tonite...a white model but it was dusk and we were passing in opposite directions so not much time to gawk. Was a good looker but I don't think my 10 year old CRV was too embarrassed smile.png

I saw a blue on on the road near Impact at the motor show. Looked very nice - not too small but not too large either.

Dont know how heavy it is,lighter than my lads Trailblazer i guess , engines about the same power, as with the T.B. perhaps its crappy on hills fully loaded ,but a nice ride 2up. I get to drive most trucks here and the Mitsubishi and Toyota get my vote for flying up Mountains. Nice all rounder and looker, id enjoy one if the Kids were still Kids .coffee1.gif

Just tested the cx-5 2.2 diesel and 2.5 gasoline. In terms of low end torque, diesel wins hands down. The 2.5 gasoline felt laggy for some strange reason. For both cars, the Steering is too light for me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...