Beggars

pokoal2000

Try contacting Sanitsuda Ekachai assistant editor Bangkok Post. She(?) has written extensively on social issues and at least one book on poverty "Behind The Smile"

If Sanitsuda can not help she may be able to point you in the right direction

All the Best

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try contacting Sanitsuda Ekachai assistant editor Bangkok Post. She(?) has written extensively on social issues and at least one book on poverty "Behind The Smile"

If Sanitsuda can not help she may be able to point you in the right direction

All the Best

Will try, maybe its worth the shot

some people say that I am a bit obsessed about this girl.I tell you why.At the beginning before I got to know her, I gave her some money to buy food, She was very surprised, she have never ask for anything, but she took it , run to the nearest food stall and got her meal.I was watching her, she did not know this. She got some change from the stall holder and give it to two young girl who were begging near by.I though this was quite unusual for destitute person to do something like that.At later stage I was eating with her at the stall and she looked at the begging girls and told me - look at them, poor things, and they look much better of than she did.Many other things that convinced me that she is different and has a good hart.At later stage when she was staying at my apartment , she wrote very long poetry- all in Thai, but I showed them to Thai friends and I was told that is is very very good, full of feeling and life.She is not just ordinary everyday beggar that you find around Bangkok, how many you find speaking English?

Is it worth contacting a lawyer to represent her? Do you know on what grounds they have the right to keep her locked up? Has she been declared mentally unfit in some way?

If you can use him to get her full name and any other details you may be able to trace her family using a private detective.

The social services wont release this girl to some guy she befriended while she was on the street, I understand why they laughed at the idea. Its no judgement on you, but you need to let go of the emotions and proceed on the best course of action for her.

She has a legal position and you need to be able to enforce whatever rights she may have.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Is it worth contacting a lawyer to represent her? Do you know on what grounds they have the right to keep her locked up? Has she been declared mentally unfit in some way?

If you can use him to get her full name and any other details you may be able to trace her family using a private detective.

The social services wont release this girl to some guy she befriended while she was on the street, I understand why they laughed at the idea. Its no judgement on you, but you need to let go of the emotions and proceed on the best course of action for her.

She has a legal position and you need to be able to enforce whatever rights she may have.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you.I have thought of that and went to see a lawer, but I am only a poor english teacher and they want minimum 3000 bath for consultation and estimated cost would be in region of 300000 bath

and no way I can afford that.

pokoal2000 what i would like to say is , It is really nice to see someone out there just tying there best just to help somone else out .And i do wish you all the best in helping this girl out .Have you thought of getting in contact with some schools in chag mai, if that is where she is from .As i have spoke to my other half, about this who is Thai .and she says if she did go to school then they would still have the records as they keep them.You maybe able to find somthing out there i know its grasping at straws abit .As the reason i posted was i was telling my other half this girl story the other day as i had read it and it kept poping up in my head .And my other half who can speak very good English and is at uni now , was telling em that she had been to the accident foundention today. And was saying how it had made her feel ,and i was telling her how in ways the girl is alot like her ie thinking alot obout others as you pointed out.So to cut a long story short i know this is my first post on this site .I have been a lurker for along .But it was your post, and everything you trying to do to help this girl made me post and join .Then the funny thing happend i foind out i was allready a member lol oh well .Anyway my other half has said she would like to help if she can and she asked do you know where she was born .My other half is in bkk as i amnot i am in the sunny uk .She says her and her friend who is also thai and can speak good English would both like to try and help if they can in anyway.So here is wishing you all the best in what you are trying to do. My other half also said try this tv station http://www.itv.co.th/ i do hope you can help her .As i know there is not that many folks out there who would do what you are doing .

Edited by deon

Couple months ago I have noticed a young woman in very bad state- very dirty and searching for food in the rubbish bags.I felt very sorry for her and since then I have been sort of looking after her.

Good for you!!!...As soon as you solve the problem in Thailand, there are about 250 other nations waiting on your help in solving the same issue. Since this endeavor will encompass the entire globe....at least you wont be bored.

Good luck

:o

Couple months ago I have noticed a young woman in very bad state- very dirty and searching for food in the rubbish bags.I felt very sorry for her and since then I have been sort of looking after her.

Good for you!!!...As soon as you solve the problem in Thailand, there are about 250 other nations waiting on your help in solving the same issue. Since this endeavor will encompass the entire globe....at least you wont be bored.

Good luck

lol.I know

pokoal2000 what i would like to say is , It is really nice to see someone out there just tying there best just to help somone else out .And i do wish you all the best in helping this girl out .Have you thought of getting in contact with some schools in chag mai, if that is where she is from .As i have spoke to my other half, about this who is Thai .and she says if she did go to school then they would still have the records as they keep them.You maybe able to find somthing out there i know its grasping at straws abit .As the reason i posted was i was telling my other half this girl story the other day as i had read it and it kept poping up in my head .And my other half who can speak very good English and is at uni now , was telling em that she had been to the accident foundention today. And was saying how it had made her feel ,and i was telling her how in ways the girl is alot like her ie thinking alot obout others as you pointed out.So to cut a long story short i know this is my first post on this site .I have been a lurker for along .But it was your post, and everything you trying to do to help this girl made me post and join .Then the funny thing happend i foind out i was allready a member lol oh well .Anyway my other half has said she would like to help if she can and she asked do you know where she was born .My other half is in bkk as i amnot i am in the sunny uk .She says her and her friend who is also thai and can speak good English would both like to try and help if they can in anyway.So here is wishing you all the best in what you are trying to do. My other half also said try this tv station http://www.itv.co.th/ i do hope you can help her .As i know there is not that many folks out there who would do what you are doing .

Thank you and I appreciate any help or advice

Alex

Alex,

I admire what you have tried to do to help this girl. I am sure she had a very bad experience up in CM that put her in this bad situation.

I think that the only way to help her is to get some Thais to be engaged in this situation, someone like Deons better half and her friend.

Maybe someone in CM with good connections with Thais there can help to find her family. She must have some family like an uncle or a cousin. They are probably the only ones that can get her out of this "prison".

And then if they will be supported by a small monthly amount they can look after her and get her back to life.

I hope to read some good news about this soon!!

Good Luck!!!

Thank you and I appreciate any help or advice

Alex

Thank you and I appreciate any help or advice and if there is any help, even just to make enquiry about this girl(They don't tell me much now)please ask you friend to phone me on 065711491

Alex

I will get my friend as call her , pok my friend as you say is my wife lol .though we have just had a small village wedding , ie its not on the books .But she did ask the other day if i had heard anything from you .What is the number of the place where she is at ,so then they can give the place a call.

Edited by deon

I will get my friend as call her , pok my friend as you say is my wife lol .though we have just had a small village wedding , ie its not on the books .But she did ask the other day if i had heard anything from you .What is the number of the place where she is at ,so then they can give the place a call.

Her name is Pigul Sintumud

And she is held in the prison---Nonthanburi Reception Home for Destitute

78/12 Moo1

Tiwanon Rd

Bangtalard Sub District

Pak Kred

Nonthanburi

Tel: 02583 0044

Fax:02580 3295

Thank you

Alex

Did your wife tried that number?Any luck?

Alex

HI

I need your help.please

I am now living at Chanterburi in the south and I managed to trace Pegun family, unfortunately I have started new job and I can't take time off.They live at 112 Moo 6,Tambol Sunmahapon,Amphur, Mae Tang,Chang Mai 50150. Would anybody who lives in the Chang Mai area, please visit this house and find out anything.See if they are willing to look after Pegun.If not, would they give a permission for her to be released from the Nonthanburi house.If nobody is willing to to look after her, I will take her on.I will look after her.I don't want her to spend rest of her life in the institution. Please if you can help and speak Thai, help her.

Ok, did some research.

I initially raised an eyebrow when Sunmahapon (Sanmahapon, San Maha Phon) came up with a 'home for the destitute' result in Google. I then tried to find out the Thai spelling (สันมหาพน) and Googled some more.

Turns out the address you have belongs to the Sanmahaphon Home for the Destitute.

So does her family live at that place too, or is something else going on? Or is it just a misunderstanding and was she herself sent overthere?

In any case no need for anyone to go to that address, you can just call them, or email: [email protected] Website is here: http://www.scrd.go.th/

Cheers,

Chanchao

Ok, did some research.

I initially raised an eyebrow when Sunmahapon (Sanmahapon, San Maha Phon) came up with a 'home for the destitute' result in Google. I then tried to find out the Thai spelling (สันมหาพน) and Googled some more.

Turns out the address you have belongs to the Sanmahaphon Home for the Destitute.

So does her family live at that place too, or is something else going on? Or is it just a misunderstanding and was she herself sent overthere?

In any case no need for anyone to go to that address, you can just call them, or email: [email protected] Website is here: http://www.scrd.go.th/

Cheers,

Chanchao

Thank you for trying.I did not know.It was given to me as her home address.Now I am a bit confused.lol.Thanks anyway

Alex

Why don’t you approach Paveena foundation for women who need assistance? Miss Paveena is an MP and is well know for helping those desperate. Her office is at Ram Intra Road somewhere near Central Department.

Can this be the same Paveena who, as a Government minister, went to Pattaya on a "fact finding" tour about vice and came back to tell the world's press that she hadn't found a single prostitute in Pattaya. At the time, I assumed she meant they hunt in packs rather than kohn dee-o, but one never knows. . .

Why don’t you approach Paveena foundation for women who need assistance? Miss Paveena is an MP and is well know for helping those desperate. Her office is at Ram Intra Road somewhere near Central Department.

Can this be the same Paveena who, as a Government minister, went to Pattaya on a "fact finding" tour about vice and came back to tell the world's press that she hadn't found a single prostitute in Pattaya. At the time, I assumed she meant they hunt in packs rather than kohn dee-o, but one never knows. . .

I have no idea of her present position in the government or the same paveena you mentions. What I know she is helping the underprivileged that needed her assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
HI

I need your help.please

I am now living at Chanterburi in the south and I managed to trace Pegun family, unfortunately I have started new job and I can't take time off.They live at 112 Moo 6,Tambol Sunmahapon,Amphur, Mae Tang,Chang Mai 50150. Would anybody who lives in the Chang Mai area, please visit this house and find out anything.See if they are willing to look after Pegun.If not, would they give a permission for her to be released from the Nonthanburi house.If nobody is willing to to look after her, I will take her on.I will look after her.I don't want her to spend rest of her life in the institution. Please if you can help and speak Thai, help her.

I am very sorry to see that this story has died. For a while I thought that pokoal should get some help from TV-visitors to get this girl out from this institution.

I tried to make the big mouth greenwanderer108 interested because he said he had some connections in the mediaworld but nothing happened.

But pokoal, please don't give up. there will be someone that take some time to help you rescue this girl!

But there's something missing. Something you see all over Thai Visa.

Where are all the upright members who usually jump up at any excuse and say things like ''How dare you criticise anything at all about Thailand! Why don't you go home if you don't like it! You're not in the West now, sonny. It's their country and it's perfect in every respect and you're not Thai so don't you dare suggest it could be better, you don't have the right to breathe the air ... etc., etc., etc.''

I think because this is acknowledged as not only a Thai problem but a world problem. In many developed countries the poor are mistreated.

It is great what you are trying to do. I have worked with the poor in different locations and know just how hard it can be on your own mental state as well as others. People tell you to watch out for this and not get attached...etc. But simply if everyone made some effort we would all be better off.

Edited by anuaaron

• 2 weeks later...

But there's something missing. Something you see all over Thai Visa.

Where are all the upright members who usually jump up at any excuse and say things like ''How dare you criticise anything at all about Thailand! Why don't you go home if you don't like it! You're not in the West now, sonny. It's their country and it's perfect in every respect and you're not Thai so don't you dare suggest it could be better, you don't have the right to breathe the air ... etc., etc., etc.''

I think because this is acknowledged as not only a Thai problem but a world problem. In many developed countries the poor are mistreated.

It is great what you are trying to do. I have worked with the poor in different locations and know just how hard it can be on your own mental state as well as others. People tell you to watch out for this and not get attached...etc. But simply if everyone made some effort we would all be better off.

Only problem is that I come to the dead end.I can't do anything else, I can't find her family.It ended now with me sending parcels to her and hopefully that would help her a bit.I really don't know what else I can do.I wish I did. I got a few friends making regular enquiry about Pigun, and always being told by the staff that she she is OK.I am still trying to find a solution and not giving up.

Thank you for all that were interested in my story.

HI

I need your help.please

I am very sorry to see that this story has died. For a while I thought that pokoal should get some help from TV-visitors to get this girl out from this institution.

I tried to make the big mouth greenwanderer108 interested because he said he had some connections in the mediaworld but nothing happened.

But pokoal, please don't give up. there will be someone that take some time to help you rescue this girl!