Plodprasop: Floods 'under control'

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plodprasop says media coverage is causing undue panic; industrial estate operators remain confident; flooding hits 20 provinces.

Plodprasop, who oversees flood and water-management operations, said that though the flooding has not resulted in any casualties, it has brought the situation to a "semi-crisis" level.

He added that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, in her capacity as defence minister, had instructed military units across the country to help flood-affected residents in their vicinity.

But this is a controlled flood.

I wonder if the bimbo realizes that in 2011 the army did not need direction from the minister of defense to help the flood victims. On the other hand maybe she has in her new found position of power got them all Burberry boots.

Next thing you know she will be trying to command the waters to roll back such as in biblical stories.

I had to shake my head at this

"A fuel cargo train derailed yesterday morning in Nakhon Ratchasima's Sikhiu district, though no further damage or casualties were reported. The State Railway of Thailand said this accident had not been caused by flooding and that the train could be salvaged by yesterday evening."

A perfect chance to shift the blame from the inadequate maintenance of the nations rail system and they missed it. No doubt the minister of transportation will have a few choice words for them.

• Like 2

When that many peoples home are flooded and roads are flooded and chest high that IS a Disaster.... The government Need open there eyes and Bank books to start Helping... Helping the people...

Well the government was behind you 100% until you mentioned helping the people.sad.png

Floods 'under control'

What a rubbish. Our house in Sisaket and a few hundred others are flooded.

There's nothing under control.-wai.gif

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of overly large and bold font removed. If you continue posting in this manner, your posts will be removed.
  • Like 2

thats what I got in 2011 when my house has been under water for 6 weeks ..... "No worry its under control " and never received the money they promised to give ...... bah.gif

we didn't receive the money, we didn't receive any food from the government. Only some packages from the democrats and the army was twice checking the village if someone has a problem.

Our former accounting lady didn't receive the money as well.....

"The Thai 2011 flood crisis was the largest freshwater flood in global history,"

the authorities have soothed public fears, saying the situation will not be as bad as in 2011.

Ok lets us pray its not as bad, but comparing anything to a historic global event is not soothing to me.

Floods 'under control'

What a rubbish. Our house in Sisaket and a few hundred others are flooded.

There's nothing under control.-wai.gif

So sorry to hear you are in the middle of this disaster. Have you been helped by or seen any military helping people?

Be safe Sirchai.

Predictable out come from an administration that promotes the feel good message to the masses , excels in very little and has the substance of chalk, go back Prime minister Yingluck Shinawtra to last year and review your administrations pledge on flood management , very similar to the rice pledge scheme , has very little substance, full of hot air. More of the same in the making.coffee1.gif

Let's wait and see if the remains of the S China Typhoon etc head this way!!

Warning

"Rainfall in Thailand"

No. 1 Time Issued : September 24, 2013

The rather strong High pressure area from China cover the upper Thailand causing the strong monsoon trough lies across Thailand:

During 24-25 September 2013, the upper of North and Northeast.

During 26-27 September 2013, the lower North and Northeast.

During 28-29 September 2013, the central and the lower Northeast.

More rain and isolated heavy rain with gust some place are likely over the upper Thailand. People should beware heavy rain.

The low pressure cell in the South China Sea will upgrade to the tropical depression move to middle of Vietnam during 29-30 September 2013, cause torrential rain in the lower Northeast

Supporting link added: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/warningwindow.php?wID=3777

Looks like 2 more weeks of heavy rain to come, Thailand should be well under by the 8th of October. OMB!!!

Edited by metisdead
Supporting link added.
  • Like 1

The In Channel news at midday reported that the last government figures said 21 provinces are experiencing flooding and 160,000 households are affected.

Glad to know it's under control as I can't imagine the figures if it wasn't.

All Hail Plod.

• Like 2

its a conspiracy

first they put up the tax on alcohol

then they make it flood

then everyone panics and buys more alcohol as they will be house bound

then the government gets more taxes

then the government stops the rain

Absolutely brilliant analysis! wai2.gif

...aside from this, all other problems have also been solved while we were sleeping, as well. Oil spill (as seen by satellite) has magically disappeared. How many goofballs actually believe what they read in this part of the world? lol. My canadian friend likes the russian news...he says they are pretty accurate, because the government won't put up with bad reporting (really?). Ok, I don't like Fox or CNN either... but I wonder who the fk is buying newspapers here, to catch up?

...aside from this, all other problems have also been solved while we were sleeping, as well. Oil spill (as seen by satellite) has magically disappeared. How many goofballs actually believe what they read in this part of the world? lol. My canadian friend likes the russian news...he says they are pretty accurate, because the government won't put up with bad reporting (really?). Ok, I don't like Fox or CNN either... but I wonder who the fk is buying newspapers here, to catch up?

The emporer could be stark b*******k naked on national TV and every front page of the newspaper, and most journalists here wouldn't have the balls to point it out, even the female one's.

But the situation is not like 2011, when the dams broke and we were not prepared for the runoff

Did dams burst in 2011? I don't recall this.

Not at all. But they were not managed well.

"Someone" ordered the dams to hold back the big rains, till the rice pledging crop could be harvested. And thus repay those who made the PTP win possible. After that they had to let too much water out to fast, to prevent the dams from bursting.

Thus the 2011 floods on a grand scale.

• Like 1

The emporer could be stark b*******k naked on national TV and every front page of the newspaper, and most journalists here wouldn't have the balls to point it out, even the female one's.

But if the lady PM was completely starkers on TV...

I think that might not go uncommented upon.