British national arrested in Nairobi mall attack

webfact

British national arrested in Nairobi mall attack

LONDON: -- A British national has been arrested in Nairobi following the mall siege that killed at least 67 people, the Foreign Office in London said on Wednesday.

According to the Daily Mail newspaper, a 35-year-old Briton of Somali origin was arrested at Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta airport as he attempted to leave Kenya on a Turkish Airlines flight.

A Foreign Office spokesman declined to comment on the report, saying only that the British authorities were aware of the arrest of a Briton in the Kenyan capital and stood ready to provide consular assistance.

A Kenyan anti-terrorism police unit source also told Reuters that a British citizen of Somali origin was detained after he missed his flight at the Nairobi airport, and was now being questioned. He gave no more details.

The Daily Mail said the man had attracted attention at the airport because he had bruising to his face, was wearing dark glasses and was behaving suspiciously.

The newspaper quoted Kenyan officials as saying the man's British passport appeared to be genuine and it contained a Kenyan visa, although there was no stamp indicating when and how he had entered the country.

Full story:: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_25/British-national-arrested-in-Nairobi-mall-attack-9544/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-09-25

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they describe him as British, I am assuming he is dual nationality?

Why can they not do away with the dual nationality thing, I see reasons for multi nationality but the nationality to which a person has the greatest rights should be their primary which can never be taken away from them and they can not surrender, any other nationality should be classed as secondary and if a person commits serious criminal offences, then any secondary citizenship rights could be canceled and they would not be stateless.

Why can they not do away with the dual nationality thing, I see reasons for multi nationality but the nationality to which a person has the greatest rights should be their primary which can never be taken away from them and they can not surrender, any other nationality should be classed as secondary and if a person commits serious criminal offences, then any secondary citizenship rights could be canceled and they would not be stateless.

Nationality and the Greater Rights?

what takes precedence?

Place of Birth

Parentage

Blood

Upbringing

Gets complicated after a while

Well we know the former wife of one of the 7/7 bombers was there and killed in the operation. Not hard to believe she would have possibly helped recruit from the uk.

The religion of peace and love strikes again.

Maybe she becomes one of the virgins.

Nationality and the Greater Rights?

what takes precedence?

Place of Birth

Parentage

Blood

Upbringing

Gets complicated after a while

What about Loyalty and the Country he has Citizenship?

He'll be probably getting a lot more help than drug mule Lyndsay Sandiford who got done carrying the case full of drugs from BKK to Bali.

The BBC won't even call the murdering mob terrorists preferring to use words such as militants and insurgents instead.

• Like 1

He'll be probably getting a lot more help than drug mule Lyndsay Sandiford who got done carrying the case full of drugs from BKK to Bali.

The BBC won't even call the murdering mob terrorists preferring to use words such as militants and insurgents instead.

I don't think it is the BBC that will be helping him. I think it is consular assistance.

Another successful asylum seeker thanks to the labour party policies. Thanks, Tony Blair.

Couldn't agree more. For a man that was forever harping on about his 'legacy', would love to sit him down now and hear his definition of this word in light of the results of most of his policies from his time in power. What a man!

• Like 1

Another successful asylum seeker thanks to the labour party policies. Thanks, Tony Blair.

In my opinion, they're all as bad as each other regardless of political persuasion. The tories are all talk about getting tough on immigration but nothing ever changes, it only gets worse.

Sod the whole lot of them and enjoy life over here.

• Like 1

A Foreign Office spokesman declined to comment on the report, saying only that the British authorities were aware of the arrest of a Briton in the Kenyan capital and stood ready to provide consular assistance.

They should provide help by "hiding the jail door key" when this bloke is threw under the jail.

British man = successful asylum seeker, his name is Mohammed, he's got several families, one of which is on benefits. Well done, well done.

Well all gravy trains must come to an end,and this one is on it's sell by date!

Greater chance he will get his just desserts where he is than under the protection of British legal system, not too many rights for this lot when and where they are and precious little sympathy.

He may not be guilty but I would doubt that he is innocent.

"A Foreign Office spokesman declined to comment on the report, saying only that the British authorities were aware of the arrest of a Briton in the Kenyan capital and stood ready to provide consular assistance."

So consular assistance is forthcoming for those that have committed extreme misconduct in foreign countries,which has brought the UK into disrepute,but not to get ordinary British Citizens back home,who have fell on hard times,safely. And this man is far from a ordinary British Citizen!

Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_25/British-national-arrested-in-Nairobi-mall-attack-9544/

"but not to get ordinary British Citizens back home, who have fell on hard times, safely.". "And this man is far from a ordinary British Citizen!".

Along with other quotes in this thread are spanking of racism. He is a British passport holder...that is all you should be reacting to....he is allowed no more, no less of the services from the British Consulate than you or me or anyone carrying a British passport.

So explain to me how he is not an ordinary British passport holder......What is an ordinary British Passport holder.......

All British citizens arrested abroad are entitled to consular assistance. The two drug smugglers in Peru received it.

But that 'assistance' doesn't amount to much! See page 17 of this leaflet.

This does not mean the British government has any opinion on that person's guilt or innocence.

I see that the lynch mob are out in force yet again.

Whatever their claimed motives, their claimed aims, their claimed mandate; these terrorist criminals do not represent ordinary Muslims.

Indeed, they are frequently condemned by Muslim clerics, scholars and leaders.

• Like 1

All British citizens arrested abroad are entitled to consular assistance. The two drug smugglers in Peru received it.

This does not mean the British government has any opinion on that person's guilt or innocence.

Whatever their claimed motives, their claimed aims, their claimed mandate; these terrorist criminals do not represent ordinary Muslims.

Blimey, here you are again defending ''British'' folk. laugh.png

• Like 2

I imagine the only consular assistance this guy will get is into restraints and onto a flight to wherever it is the Brits apply their "enhanced interrogation" techniques.

I think the Kenyans have more "enhanced" interrogation techniques than we're allowed.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Blimey, here you are again defending ''British'' folk. laugh.png

I happen to believe that the rights and protections afforded to British citizens should be applied equally to all; regardless of their race, colour or creed.

You obviously don't.

One of those rights is the assumption of innocence until proven guilty.

I have no idea of any particular individuals involvement in this crime; that is for the, presumably Kenyan, courts to decide.

Remember that he was arrested at the airport, not the mall.

Some people seem to have the attitude that he is black, he's Muslim; therefore he's guilty!

• Like 1