No major flooding in Bangkok: BMA

webfact

The real problem I'm having here is the truth. Tell me where it's going to flood, when to evacuate, how or which way to get to higher ground and be safe. Tell me where I can get help from government agencies for a place to live and perhaps my next meal. Just give us some truth, it's all we're asking. But all we get is, "No Major Flooding in Bangkok"

You - presumably farang- will not get any help anyways..

You are rich and can f....help yourself!

(for any mail- police: I am being sarcastic!)

• Like 1

The real problem I'm having here is the truth. Tell me where it's going to flood, when to evacuate, how or which way to get to higher ground and be safe. Tell me where I can get help from government agencies for a place to live and perhaps my next meal. Just give us some truth, it's all we're asking. But all we get is, "No Major Flooding in Bangkok"

You - presumably farang- will not get any help anyways..

You are rich and can f....help yourself!

(for any mail- police: I am being sarcastic!)

I know... I've done much worse! Cheers

Everyone, it's very simple - nobody has a clue if it's going to flood or not in Bangkok. Nobody can tell if it will rain for sure in two weeks or not, and nobody can tell you for sure that you're part of Bangkok won't be flooded.

So, I suggest that we start preparing for the worst - case scenario. Start hoarding supplies now just in case.

No major flooding in capital: BMA

So why should the clowns in charge give a **** about the rest of the country?

Quite, it is the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority that is the subject of the article, so it is hardly surprising that they focus on Bangkok.

The BMA says that though its flood-prevention systems remain pretty much the same

What's wrong with this picture? In 2011 we were told that major flood diversion infrastructure was going to be put into place after consultation with international experts from countries such as Holland. What happened?

Nice to know, that there will be no rainstorms next month during the high tide. Where did these morons get that information from??

The reason of the importance not to let Bangkok flood, is not because of the people there, but because of all the values there. If the whole Bangkok was actually flooded, Thailand would simply go bankrupt, which no one in this country would benefit from. Just give me one good reason, why properties and installations in Bangkok worth Trillions and Trillions of Baht should be sacrified, just to keep the rice fields and the people living there dry? And hate against the Bangkokians is no good reason, as they are still the ones paying taxes and buying your rice and other products, which makes you able to support your families!

I think there is a lot of truth here, and at the same time, the less developed provinces are accustomed to the reality of floods since time immemorial, hence the common village house on stilts.

Everyone, it's very simple - nobody has a clue if it's going to flood or not in Bangkok. Nobody can tell if it will rain for sure in two weeks or not, and nobody can tell you for sure that you're part of Bangkok won't be flooded.

So, I suggest that we start preparing for the worst - case scenario. Start hoarding supplies now just in case.

That's not really true. In 2011 the satellite tracking of the flood bubble was in the news daily. We don't have that kind of volume now, so any flooding is expected to be of the temporary sort that you always get during a heavy rain, unless things change further into the season. Being prepared at all times is always a good idea anyway.

Edited by HAL9000