Pattaya

dboy

I've been thinking about this for a few days now. Thinking of all the places I've lived over the years, the good and bad points of each place/country and comparing them with Pattaya.

When it all gets processed by the grey matter, it turns out I would rather live in Pattaya than any other place I've ever been to.

I've discussed living in Thailand with other people in other places. They ask, why Thailand ? Why not some other place ?

When I think about other places, like Mexico, Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, Costa Rica, Belize, the Phillippines, Cambodia and other similar places, Thailand wins out over all of them.

Good education system (compared to some of those other choices, though I don't have kids, yet).

Good transportation system (internal and international).

Good healthcare system (from what I've heard, and hope never to discover first hand).

Fairly stable, democratic government.

Add more little details, like banking, postal systems, local culture and customs, weather, food, ect. Add it all together and (in my opinion) Thailand makes a far better choice.

As for Pattaya ? I don't like really big cities (like Bangkok, Toronto, LA). Pattaya is big enough to offer pretty much everything I need, without the smog, pollution, crime, traffic and prices of a big city. Yet it's close enough that if needed, it's not a problem to pop up to Bkk for a day trip.

I can get around Pattaya fairly easily by walking (most days), and cheaply by taxi on other days. Whether it be shopping, cinemas, dining out, or other "social" activities, Pattaya has more than enough to satisfy most people.

Pattaya may not be perfect, but right now, it's perfect for me.

why do people still come to pattaya . i read this forum and everybody seems so negative,are you hiding a good thing or do you really dislike it :D

Isn't that TizMe's avatar ?

In any event. It really sucks in Pattaya. Everyone should go somewhere else, like Phuket or Chang Mai. Too much crime, overflowing sewers, garbage everywhere, rats the size of small children, drunken hooligan tourists in every bar, drivers that see pedestrians as legal targets. :o

Yep, sucks here. Tell all your friends to go elsewhere. Ignore the estimated 5.3 million tourists that visited Pattaya last year alone. According to some, 5.299999 million of those were just here for cheap sex. One tourist didn't come here for sex, but ended up getting some anyways (way to go granny !) :D

Well, I guess I should head out to the bars now and look for sex. The g/f will castrate me afterwards, and the rest of the "clan" here will probably toss me out in the street afterwards for cheating on the g/f. But hey, that's what we are all here for isn't it ? (according to some) :D

KerryD is correct, Do not come to Pattaya. It's not safe any more, and most of the girls that have come to Pattaya to work in the industry have hiv.

Barry

KerryD is correct, Do not come to Pattaya. It's not safe any more, and most of the girls that have come to Pattaya to work in the industry have hiv.

Barry

Very true and I should know, as I've had sex with ALL of them !! :D

Better off going to Phuket. When I was still in Afghanistan, we had one loser of a guy who went to Phuket for a week holiday, ended up staying longer (and blaming the airline for his tardy return).

Then, after a whopping 10 days in Thailand, he started running around camp telling everyone all they needed to know about the place.

Like all the girls in the bars have health check-ups every week. And they all have cards from the doctors proving they are clean. And the police check all the girls to ensure their cards are up to date. And the police aren't corruptable. :D

He ended up getting fired any ways. It wasn't the airlines fault he didn't get back on time, he just wanted to stay and party longer, so the company sent him on a permament vacation.

B.o.T.

Yes, stay away from Pattaya. Go to Phuket instead. According to some here, there are no BGs anywhere else in Thailand other than Pattaya, so if you want a good, clean, wholesome vacation, go to Phuket or Koh Samui or Chang Mai or Bangkok or Nakhon NoWhere. :o

Just don't go to Pattaya !

Now if you'll excuse me, I've heard a rumour that there may be 1 BG in Pattaya I haven't had sex with, yet. I have to track her down, even if it takes me 5 minutes (or how ever long it takes me to get to the closest bar)

why do people still come to pattaya . i read this forum and everybody seems so negative,are you hiding a good thing or do you really dislike it :D

Isn't that TizMe's avatar ?

In any event. It really sucks in Pattaya. Everyone should go somewhere else, like Phuket or Chang Mai. Too much crime, overflowing sewers, garbage everywhere, rats the size of small children, drunken hooligan tourists in every bar, drivers that see pedestrians as legal targets. :o

Yep, sucks here. Tell all your friends to go elsewhere. Ignore the estimated 5.3 million tourists that visited Pattaya last year alone. According to some, 5.299999 million of those were just here for cheap sex. One tourist didn't come here for sex, but ended up getting some anyways (way to go granny !) :D

Well, I guess I should head out to the bars now and look for sex. The g/f will castrate me afterwards, and the rest of the "clan" here will probably toss me out in the street afterwards for cheating on the g/f. But hey, that's what we are all here for isn't it ? (according to some) :D

Barry

Tis' me - sorry for the absence. Work intrudes from time to time.

My apologies for winding up those who can be wound up - listen to some R&B sometimes.

It helps.

Ah- to the chap who suggested that I had been burned by some wench in (three hail Mary and blessed are the believers). Pattaya.

Sorry, guv. Wrong. My ex missus reckoned that the B-52's out of U-Tapao all those years ago could well have been rerouted to start an urban redevelopment project.

And she is Thai.

The chap who admits he quotes things out of context?.

Quite how does one prove an argument by admitting that one is delivering statements that are outwith the context as previously written?.

Hang on - I'll get to the library and find the Ladybird book of "Stalin's book of quotes.".

And especially to the chap who says I need help: Heh-heh-heh.

Have a look around you. It could be me buying you that beer one day.

Pip-Pip. :D