Kittiratt believes Thailand will not face real estate bubble

webfact

whistling.gif What I want to see published is:

• Not the number of housing unite available for sale
  • Not the number of housing units sold
  • but instead the number of housing units actually OCCUPIED by the owner. (as a percentage of sold or available units)

That is because I believe that many of these so-called housing units are being bought for investment purposes only and are not occupied by the owners.

That is to say the owners don't actually live in their "investment" units.

To me that is the first indication of a housing "bubble".

I suspect that that occupied units figure is less than 50% of the available units in many housing developments especially around Bangkok.

In my opinion if less than 50% of the available units (whether "sold" or not ) are not actually occupied by their owners I would call that housing development a place not to invest in or buy property in.

And it seems that most "real estate salesmen" are very reluctant to answer that very question even if asked directly by potential buyers.

wai2.gif

Another indication based on what I saw after the 1997 crisis was condominiums that were sold in an unfinished state (i.e. as a shell or with only very basic fitout) remained in that condition sometimes for many years afterwards. In other words the owners saw such poor prospects to be able to rent the property out that they didn't even bother to spend more money to fit it out. I saw one property in 2003 near Ekamai that had been in that state for six years. Totally empty full of cobwebs and dust.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kittirat only needs to tour the Pattaya region to realise the hollowness of his words. Buildings going up everywhere, completed projects sitting empty. Vast numbers of them. In my mooban, 10% of the houses are for sale and have been for a very long time, while a dozen or more houses for rent are gathering dust. Kittirat gives far too much credibility to the banks, which have the history to prove him wrong (1997, Mr K?)

In all fairness you can't use Pattaya as an example. Or Phuket or Koh samui or that one section of Chiang Mai.

What a joke.....Give it 36-48 more months. Every Soi and vacant piece of land is being developed

with thousands of new shoe box condos. Half are already empty, and the new developments can't

sell 75% of what is built already. When you see hours of advertising, free gifts and price reductions

the bubble is starting to burst already.

Yes but when their built with corruption money, who cares. Easy come, easy go. Besides with all the cash I was accumulating, I was starting to run out of room at home. I thought I was gonna have to relegate Buddha to the Mia Nois house.

Kittirat only needs to tour the Pattaya region to realise the hollowness of his words. Buildings going up everywhere, completed projects sitting empty. Vast numbers of them. In my mooban, 10% of the houses are for sale and have been for a very long time, while a dozen or more houses for rent are gathering dust. Kittirat gives far too much credibility to the banks, which have the history to prove him wrong (1997, Mr K?)

In all fairness you can't use Pattaya as an example. Or Phuket or Koh samui or that one section of Chiang Mai.

Where should be kakasin or phrase?

Thais would rather have all four limbs severed than accept less than they paid for the property and the land office will not accept a sale at face value to be less than the price originally purchased for in some bizzare logic they employ here.

Is this an actual rule or law?

Just hadn't heard of this before..

Knight Frank Thailand has accumulated the figure for the Bangkok condominium supply from 2009 to Q1 2013. The cumulative supply at the end of Q1 2013 amounted to 254,638 units, increasing by 7.5% from the end of 2012. This increase in condominium supply significantly resulted from 17,869 newly launched condominium units from 48 projects during the first quarter of 2013, as shown in Figure 1.

Figure 1

Bangkok Condominium Stock and New Supply, 2009 to Q1 2013

Q1-2013-BANGKOK-CONDOMINIUM-01-may-2013.

Q1-2013-BANGKOK-CONDOMINIUM-04-may-2013.

http://www.knightfrank.co.th/en/news/21-05-2013/knight-frank-thailand-reveals-q1-2013-bangkok-condominium-market-overview

• Like 1

Personally, I am hopping for the baht to go to 42 against the US dollar.

Hang in there. I think we'll see 38 in the next year or so. I was talking to a Thai lady who is pretty savvy in finance and she thinks the bhat will go to 40.

Even if there's no housing bubble the way to clear the system from all of this over building and bad loans will be through bhat depreciation.

Where should be kakasin or phrase?

Is that meant to be Kalasin or Phrae?

The Banks have plans, it works like this, if you dont keep up your payments, the Bank will chuck you out and own the property, simple really works all over the world.

Near me I see lots of empty properties, all got True dishes on the house and several air cons, the gardens are now going back to nature and all the trucks and cars that adorned the property well I wonder where they have gone, back to the supplier I guess.

Nothing comes free but Thailand wants it all and it wants it now without a thought as to how its going to be paid for, they could not wait and get things a bit at a time, well the Banks wont worry it a good deal for them, get a few payments and soon the property and the land.

Nothing comes free but Thailand wants it all and it wants it now without a thought as to how its going to be paid for, they could not wait and get things a bit at a time.

I am learning this is the MO of the majority of Thais they have no compunction about borrowing money

with absolutely no regard or intention of paying it back as long as they can get what they want.

It will come back to haunt them and Thailand, the Bubble will POP... it always does.

• Like 2

Hang in there. I think we'll see 38 in the next year or so. I was talking to a Thai lady who is pretty savvy in finance and she thinks the bhat will go to 40.

Even if there's no housing bubble the way to clear the system from all of this over building and bad loans will be through bhat depreciation.

Along with baht depreciation comes inflation. When the baht to dollar goes up prices go up as well.

I've noticed everything cost a little more since the baht is weakening.

How long have you been hopping? Are you getting tired yet?

With the dollar at just over B31/$1.00 I am hoping you don't have to wait too long.wink.png

the usd will only be worth less and less. They're printing ever 80 million dollar new each month!!! That's about a trillion usd a year. the country there will collapse and pull many others down. the usd will not be the reserve standard for long anymore.

• Like 1

Prices don't seem t be going up much/at all, so how can there possibly be a bubble. All I see is massive oversupply and massive amounts of new condos being built.

Not sure if you were being ironic or not. But you have described a bubble and we are at the top which is why prices are doing nothing.

• Like 2

Why is it when I read such comments from people who are in charge, like with the flood, the oil spill, the rice pledge, the airport....... I not believe them anymore, they have told the public so many BS, that there is enough to export meanwhile ..... Thailand nr 1 in export BS !!!!

wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

He believe what the fortune teller read in the crystal ball, not surprising that 90% of he's statements are wrong clap2.gif

The Banks have plans, it works like this, if you dont keep up your payments, the Bank will chuck you out and own the property, simple really works all over the world.

Near me I see lots of empty properties, all got True dishes on the house and several air cons, the gardens are now going back to nature and all the trucks and cars that adorned the property well I wonder where they have gone, back to the supplier I guess.

Nothing comes free but Thailand wants it all and it wants it now without a thought as to how its going to be paid for, they could not wait and get things a bit at a time, well the Banks wont worry it a good deal for them, get a few payments and soon the property and the land.

Nothing comes free but Thailand wants it all and it wants it now without a thought as to how its going to be paid for, they could not wait and get things a bit at a time.

I am learning this is the MO of the majority of Thais they have no compunction about borrowing money

with absolutely no regard or intention of paying it back as long as they can get what they want.

It will come back to haunt them and Thailand, the Bubble will POP... it always does.

I like to see anybody borrow money to Thais and get it back...."that'll be the day" whistling.gif

How long have you been hopping? Are you getting tired yet?

With the dollar at just over B31/$1.00 I am hoping you don't have to wait too long.wink.png

the usd will only be worth less and less. They're printing ever 80 million dollar new each month!!! That's about a trillion usd a year. the country there will collapse and pull many others down. the usd will not be the reserve standard for long anymore.

They're printing 80 billion each month and it's finding it's way into places like Thailand and India. That's why the rupee went into cardiac arrest at the mere mention that the US might stop with the easy money.