What Are These Pop-Ups?

UbonOz

I still have the IE problem on both laptops, Post #8.

Since using Malwarebytes on the Win 8 laptop I am now getting a pop-up every two minutes saying:

"Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website 111.111.111.111."

I am not getting the pop-up on my Win 7 laptop.

I have read M'bytes forum and it says uninstall KMPlayer which I have done, and restarted, still no change.

Are you downloading torrents by any chance or have a torrent program active ?

While downloading torrents you get that message all the time.

By the way did you perform a full scan with malwarebytes as opposed to a quick scan ?

No, not downloading torrents, no program that I can see.

Yes, I did a full scan, using Spybot and Malwarebyte.

Just read on another forum where the "Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website 111.111.111.111" pop-up can be caused by Skype or a P2P client running.

I do have both on both laptops.

Strangely, Windows 8 laptop has the pop-up, Windows 7 laptop does not.

Might have to just live with it.

A p2p client is what I called a torrent program, should have been more correct in my description smile.png

Might be that Windows 8 has a built in security that blocks the site already, before Malwarebytes can detect it.

Sent an email to Qualys earlier this evening regarding my Post #8, they have replied already, see below.

Please click on the IE item in the BrowserCheck results to see details regarding security issue with IE. There is a work-around fix, but a permanent fix will be available from Microsoft soon (probably on
Oct 8th
).