Beer Laos Deported?

That would be a blow. Luckily I live in Cambodia where it is widely available. Oh, and I will sit by the Mekong in Luang Prabang this weekend quaffing a few. Want me to send you a photo, OP?biggrin.png

Just a bit off-topic : How are Cambodian beers, by the way ? You like them ? I don't think I have ever had one; I would love to try at least one of them though. Can Cambodian beers be found in Bangkok ?

For the OP : I think many bars in the Nana area (and possibly at other similar places) have got Beer Lao (small bottles of course). Mind you, the last time I was in Bangkok was this February. So, maybe a shortage has affected these places too.

Cambodia, Angkor, and Anchor are all run-of-the-mill lagers. Very drinkable when cold. Dark beers are very popular here but I don't care much for them. IMHO the best beer is Kingdom, it is heavy on the hops and very nice. Not sure it will stay around for long as it is expensive and therefore shunned by the locals and the cheap-ass expats.

Never seen Cambodian beer in LOS.

Cheers. Interesting : So, there is 'Angkor' and also 'Anchor' there :) I guess there is often confusion when ordering one of them, if the bar/pub has both of them :)

Interesting and sad that Cambodian beer cannot be found in Thailand.

By the way, I wonder if there is Beer Lao ON TAP anywhere in Bangkok ?

That would be a blow. Luckily I live in Cambodia where it is widely available. Oh, and I will sit by the Mekong in Luang Prabang this weekend quaffing a few. Want me to send you a photo, OP?biggrin.png

Just a bit off-topic : How are Cambodian beers, by the way ? You like them ? I don't think I have ever had one; I would love to try at least one of them though. Can Cambodian beers be found in Bangkok ?

For the OP : I think many bars in the Nana area (and possibly at other similar places) have got Beer Lao (small bottles of course). Mind you, the last time I was in Bangkok was this February. So, maybe a shortage has affected these places too.

Cambodia, Angkor, and Anchor are all run-of-the-mill lagers. Very drinkable when cold. Dark beers are very popular here but I don't care much for them. IMHO the best beer is Kingdom, it is heavy on the hops and very nice. Not sure it will stay around for long as it is expensive and therefore shunned by the locals and the cheap-ass expats.

Never seen Cambodian beer in LOS.

Cheers. Interesting : So, there is 'Angkor' and also 'Anchor' there smile.png I guess there is often confusion when ordering one of them, if the bar/pub has both of them smile.png

Interesting and sad that Cambodian beer cannot be found in Thailand.

By the way, I wonder if there is Beer Lao ON TAP anywhere in Bangkok ?

There is confusion but the two beers are pronounced differently (incorrectly); Anchor becomes "anshore).

For the OP: LPHalf002_zpsce3fb641.jpg

Thaicharoen Supermarket and other shops around Thonglor have it, both dark and the regular. Tried it after reading about it here, very good beer.

Which one is Thaicharoen?

Starting to wonder if Beer Lao is just struggling to meet demand?

Sorry did not get back earlier. Thaicharoen is on main Sukhumvit road between Soi 59 and 63.