Letter From Me And Wife To Oz Embassy

Ok. As some you know we have applied for a spouse visa for Oz and have our interview on Friday. We both have to write a letter detailing when we met, moved in together, married etc. I have already done mine. The wife is doing hers. I understand the main thing is the dates match. But lets say i talk about something and she doesnt. Or she writes something that I dont. Will this make a difference? I mean so much things have happened in the time we have been together. The dates match and the info in my letter and the wifes are all truths. But should these be matching word for word or better to do seperate ones? Any thoughts?

Ok. As some you know we have applied for a spouse visa for Oz and have our interview on Friday. We both have to write a letter detailing when we met, moved in together, married etc. I have already done mine. The wife is doing hers. I understand the main thing is the dates match. But lets say i talk about something and she doesnt. Or she writes something that I dont. Will this make a difference? I mean so much things have happened in the time we have been together. The dates match and the info in my letter and the wifes are all truths. But should these be matching word for word or better to do seperate ones? Any thoughts?

Each in your own words.....just make sure that the important things match...

First of all you don't have to write a covering letter. It's your choice.

A covering letter should be used to fully explain (or better explain ) any matters not adequately covered in the various spouse visa application forms.

There is no need for you both to write about the same things. It's probably better if you both have something different to write about.

You may use it to explain how your relationship has developed from the time you first met, you can use it to tell of your future plans for a life in Australia, you can use it to state how Australia will benefit by having your wife as a resident, you can say how devastated you will be if the visa is not granted, you could give some information about the people who have provided stat. dec. support etc. etc.

In other words you use a letter of support to 'sell' yourselves to the Immigration Dept. To convince them that your relationship is genuine, strong and on-going.

Obviously if you both want to use dates and places in your respective letters, these need to match.

Having said that, you may need to memorise these dates and the additional information you give in your covering letters for the pending interview.

Good luck for Friday, make sure that you come back to this thread and report how it went. :o

Edit: Your covering letters should have been included with the application form when you submitted it. It would have given your CO more time to read them and provided more information to properly assess the application as a whole. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference to hand them in at the interview.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

First of all you don't have to write a covering letter. It's your choice.

Hmm, unless things have changed since '04 I seem to recall that if dimia or the embassy ask for something, it's in your best interest to do it!!! They definitely asked us for this. The more you give them on top of that proof wise can only be good for your application, surely.

Hmm, unless things have changed since '04 I seem to recall that if dimia or the embassy ask for something, it's in your best interest to do it!!! They definitely asked us for this. The more you give them on top of that proof wise can only be good for your application, surely.

You are 100% right. I stand corrected.

In the Partner Migration book it states (amonst other requirements): In all circumstances, you must provide the following documents with your application.

* Written statements from you and your partner detailing the history of your relationship (for example when and how you met, when you started living together, joint activities, significant events in the relationship).

Your correction in the matter is appreciated. :o