best toothpaste?

Cheapcharly

Bicarbonate of Soda and a bit of salt does the trick. Also good for removing oil stains from concrete and mould from the shower stall.

I'd stick with colgate - gives you that ring of confidence doesn't it? whistling.gif

Bicarbonate of Soda and a bit of salt does the trick. Also good for removing oil stains from concrete and mould from the shower stall.

I'd stick with colgate - gives you that ring of confidence doesn't it? whistling.gif

Bicarb of Soda gives the teeth a nice clean feel but it does not contain flouride.

Any toothpaste you use should contain flouride for your teeth

Edited by BookMan

Seriously...

What about other brand names?

Got irritate and want bite my tongue or the inside of my cheeks. Come from an acid. Maybe Thai water?

Colgate is not doing his job any more.

What about rinsing stuff?

Just tell me what is good for your teeth and mouth generally.

I clean my teeth 3 to 5 times a day with soft brush to not to hurt the gum and change brushes frequently.

I've been using a Thai toothpaste called Thipniyom. Ingredients include sodium bicarbonate and natural herb extracts. I got tired of Colgate, tried Darlie for awhile but I think it contains sugar because ants swarmed the tube. Can't remember where I bought Thipniyom, maybe in Chiang Mai Tops Market or Tesco Lotus Express. The addition of clove, camphor, myrrh, sage and chamomile oils leave a refreshing aftertaste.

• Like 1

I've been using Twin Lotus for more than ten years. Friends I've recommended it to love it. It leaves a clean mouth and no tooth pain which I suffered from prior to switching to it. Sensodyne didn't help me. There are a variety of Thai herbal brands. You could experiment with them if Twin Lotus doesn't work for you. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I use baking soda with a medium brush to get rid of any stains, and sparkle with an Oral B electric toothbrush. I watched a documentary about how they make electric toothbrushes on discovery(?), and could not help but notice how clean and white all the workers teeth were in the factory. It also gets right to the back of my wisdom teeth where a toothbrush has little room to brush.

Seriously...what makes you think anyone on here is qualified to advise on the "best" toothpaste? Possibly the most ridiculous post ever.

If Colgate is not doing his [sic] job, use another one, they are all commercial products with the sole aim of making money.

Having said that I do happen to know what is the best bog paper and toenail cheese remover if your current one is not doing his job, PM me for more details. Seriously, don't.

Seriously...

What about other brand names?

Got irritate and want bite my tongue or the inside of my cheeks. Come from an acid. Maybe Thai water?

Colgate is not doing his job any more.

What about rinsing stuff?

Just tell me what is good for your teeth and mouth generally.

I clean my teeth 3 to 5 times a day with soft brush to not to hurt the gum and change brushes frequently.

I find Zact Lion keeps my teeth whiter than other brands, especially consuming tea and red wine, and it's available any supermarket

I'm no dentist but I strongly recommend an electric toothbrush. Apart from the teeth they keep your gums in good shape.

Listerine seems to be popular with many Thai ladies...

• Like 1

I like this post. So refreshing not to read angry TV members talking how rubbish Thailand is.

Much more important than Chalerm's "brain" op

You could always just replace your teeth with nice shiny snow white ones and leave them in a jar by the bed every night to self clean.

• Like 1

I've been using a Thai toothpaste called Thipniyom. Ingredients include sodium bicarbonate and natural herb extracts. I got tired of Colgate, tried Darlie for awhile but I think it contains sugar because ants swarmed the tube. Can't remember where I bought Thipniyom, maybe in Chiang Mai Tops Market or Tesco Lotus Express. The addition of clove, camphor, myrrh, sage and chamomile oils leave a refreshing aftertaste.

I don't want to be the flouride police, but, Thipniyom doesn't contain flouride.

Unlikely Darlie has sugar in it, but has the sweetener sodium saccharin and sorbitol (which is a sugar alcohol)

I recommend 'Salz'. It claims to have bicarb and also tastes salty, doesn't leave that crap-mint after-taste

so you can get straight back into the siam sato after cleaning your pearly-whites.

My experience as a one-time providor of outrageously-overpriced veterinary dental services,

is that it is more important to shift that plaque from your gnashers,

than worry about the flavour/colour of the liniment.

Since we have hit upon an issue of such import, some knowable trivia:

'Darlie' used to be labelled 'Darkie' (see the happy minstrel face on the package!).

But c. 1980/2523, when Noddy was being accused of racial villification and deviant sexuality,

'Darkie' transmuted seemlessly to 'Darlie' - very neat! Keep the smile on your dial, AA

• Like 1

El Hefe has made the only intelligent post here

I have news for you people. The only thing that gets your teeth clean are the bristles of the brush! Toothpaste and oral care products are a multi-billion dollar business. Nearly everything you think you know about toothpaste is the result of the marketing suits manipulating the masses.

Fluoride is all but useless unless you are using a prescription strength available only from a dentist.

Sensodyne does not clean teeth any better than any other paste. Its only claim to fame comes from the potassium nitrate which can be effective in some people at desensitizing exposed cementum. For this you are paying a 100% premium in price over other pastes.

Do not be fooled into buying any toothpaste that promises to bleach your teeth whiter. The peroxide in these pastes can be effective but by the time it goes from the manufacturer, to the warehouse, to the retailer, and finally into your mouth it has long since become inactive. Any perceived lightening of the teeth is merely placebo effect, wishful thinking. If you must bleach, get it done professionally and safely by a real dentist. Even at that, I would encourage you to not waste your money on laser bleaching.

The only thing I might encourage you to spend money on would be an electric tooth brush. As others have pointed out they can be very effective. But that only goes back to my original point. It's the bristles of the brush that do the work.

Hope this helps at least a few.

MMarlow, on 07 Oct 2013 - 02:33, said:

Seriously...what makes you think anyone on here is qualified to advise on the "best" toothpaste?  Possibly the most ridiculous post ever. 

If Colgate is not doing his [sic] job, use another one, they are all commercial products with the sole aim of making money.

Having said that I do happen to know what is the best bog paper and toenail cheese remover if your current one is not doing his job, PM me for more details.  Seriously, don't.

Maybe the fact that many people on this forum have accumulated years of experience in dental hygiene, which makes them qualified to give expert advice, especially if they have no vested interest in a particular product.

• Like 1

Best combo I've found is a Waterpik (much better than flossing), brushing and then swilling with a homemade bicarb/sea salt mouthwash--though commercial mouthwash products with alcohol may taste great, they don't do your mouth any favours. Avoid brushing with bicarb as it's too abrasive. Also, many people are actually allergic to some of these toothpastes... if you always have red gums, for instance, try a different one first or as the chap above, stop using any for a bit. And indeed, activated carbon capsules are good for whitening.

El Hefe has made the only intelligent post here

I have news for you people. The only thing that gets your teeth clean are the bristles of the brush! Toothpaste and oral care products are a multi-billion dollar business. Nearly everything you think you know about toothpaste is the result of the marketing suits manipulating the masses.

Fluoride is all but useless unless you are using a prescription strength available only from a dentist.

Sensodyne does not clean teeth any better than any other paste. Its only claim to fame comes from the potassium nitrate which can be effective in some people at desensitizing exposed cementum. For this you are paying a 100% premium in price over other pastes.

Do not be fooled into buying any toothpaste that promises to bleach your teeth whiter. The peroxide in these pastes can be effective but by the time it goes from the manufacturer, to the warehouse, to the retailer, and finally into your mouth it has long since become inactive. Any perceived lightening of the teeth is merely placebo effect, wishful thinking. If you must bleach, get it done professionally and safely by a real dentist. Even at that, I would encourage you to not waste your money on laser bleaching.

The only thing I might encourage you to spend money on would be an electric tooth brush. As others have pointed out they can be very effective. But that only goes back to my original point. It's the bristles of the brush that do the work.

Hope this helps at least a few.

So you recommend no toothpaste? Just scrubbing with a brush?

I got a crown recently and still my gum is recovering slowly.

I broke one part of my tooth and kept it for 3 weeks and it has hurted my gum a little until a Thai dentist removed the broken part and placed a crown.

So what s the best toothpaste for gum?

I m not looking for white teeth.

I got as well these new Colgate brush of 0.01mm with carbon.

Seem good. I can really feel the brush Cleaning between teeth like floss.

I think I will buy these small toothpaste tubes and try them all.