28 Thai provinces remain flood stricken

webfact

28 Thai provinces remain flood stricken
By English News

13811362162436.jpg

BANGKOK, OCT 7 – Over half a million households in 28 Thai provinces have been affected by floods.

Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Director-General Chatchai Phromlert said on Monday that the flood situation remains critical in 183 districts of 28 provinces nationwide, affecting some 500,000 households.

More than 40,000 flood relief packages have been distributed to assist flood victims in 38 flood stricken provinces. Sandbags were placed along the rivers and important centres for flood protection.

MR Chatchai also said that his department and agencies concerned have warned people in the lower central, southern and eastern regions of Thailand to brace for more downpours as heavy rain is expected to continue over the next several days from October 7 through October 8.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered the department to monitor the public's physical and mental health during or after the flooding, while department staff have been sent to each area to estimate flood damage.

The government has pledged to fully aid flood victims in line with Finance Ministry’s regulations for a quicker, fairer and a through service.

Flood situation, however, has started improving in 10 provinces namely Kanchanaburi, Chumpon, Prachuab Kiri Khan, Nakhon Ratchasima, Kalasin, Mae Hong Son, Phayao, Lampang, Mukdahan and Kampeangpetch. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-07

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered the department to monitor the public's physical and mental health during or after the flooding,

I have read some right <deleted> on here regarding our dear PM ordering things...but that really is <deleted>..."monitor the public's physical and mental health" facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered the department to monitor the public's physical and mental health during or after the flooding,blink.png

If YL had any sense she would be out there shoring up the banks of a river with sand bags in a one piece wet suit for the camera's.thumbsup.gif

There's still timerolleyes.gif

CCC

• Like 1

Please note that the situation is NOT LIKE 2011, in this post you can compare the two flooding maps : 2011 vs 2013, and it speaks for itself

http://www.thailand-business-news.com/news/47230-flooding-still-worrisome-like-2011.html

Well Boris, I am quite sure the 35 people that have died and the families of those victims, not to mention the million or so that have been flooded out would totally disagree with you.

Actually me as one of those hit hard in 2011 loves maps like this it shows me its not as bad. I knew that from bangkok pundit too as it has a lot to do with the two major dams. This kind of news is needed for those of us who were hit before and worry a lot about getting hit again. Its good to know the extent of the flooding and how it holds up compared to 2011. Then you know if you need to take precautions or not.

Its bad that 35 have died and its shamefull that the government did not do much in the two year it had.

I do make one comment.. that map of 2011 was of a later date as the current one so still some things can happen but overall its way less risky as 2011.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered the department to monitor the public's physical and mental health during or after the flooding,

I have read some right <deleted> on here regarding our dear PM ordering things...but that really is <deleted>..."monitor the public's physical and mental health" facepalm.gif

After so much of the nonsense spouted by assorted members of the government recently surely a much better idea would be to monitor their physical and mental health..... especially their mental health..... and cart away those found to be a few baht short of a degree. That really would make the public feel better.

Please note that the situation is NOT LIKE 2011, in this post you can compare the two flooding maps : 2011 vs 2013, and it speaks for itself

http://www.thailand-business-news.com/news/47230-flooding-still-worrisome-like-2011.html

5 October 2011, I walked around on mostly dry streets in Ayuttaya. Only around mid October, the water level of Chao Praya raised enough in the Bangkok area enough to look a flooding, and the water kept rising until the first half of November. Yes, it's not like 2011, but it hasn't stopped raining yet. The weather forecast says rain over Central Thailand every day the coming week. Are those maps from the same dates the two years?

I have read some right <deleted> on here regarding our dear PM ordering things...but that really is <deleted>..."monitor the public's physical and mental health" facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

This "monitoring" creates a few extra patronage jobs.

Well Boris, I am quite sure the 35 people that have died and the families of those victims, not to mention the million or so that have been flooded out would totally disagree with you.

Actually me as one of those hit hard in 2011 loves maps like this it shows me its not as bad. I knew that from bangkok pundit too as it has a lot to do with the two major dams. This kind of news is needed for those of us who were hit before and worry a lot about getting hit again. Its good to know the extent of the flooding and how it holds up compared to 2011. Then you know if you need to take precautions or not.

Its bad that 35 have died and its shamefull that the government did not do much in the two year it had.

I do make one comment.. that map of 2011 was of a later date as the current one so still some things can happen but overall its way less risky as 2011.

Well i am glad you feel all warm and fuzzy what the Bangkok Pundit reports to you, and I truly hope you dont meet the same fate as you did in the past.

You have so much faith in the BP, where do you think they get all this useful information from? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it from the same government that says Yingluck is really running this country,there is no corruption in the rice pledging scheme , and they can control rivers with propellers.

I would not bank my families life on it.

That fans and propellers was very Thai for sure.

Well i am glad you feel all warm and fuzzy what the Bangkok Pundit reports to you, and I truly hope you dont meet the same fate as you did in the past.

You have so much faith in the BP, where do you think they get all this useful information from? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it from the same government that says Yingluck is really running this country,there is no corruption in the rice pledging scheme , and they can control rivers with propellers.

I would not bank my families life on it.

Actually if you looked deeper in this problem its all about those big dams that released the excess water in 2011 without them it would not have been so bad. Those big dams had an enormous impact on the flooding. Now I am sure I have read more and studied it far more then you as I was affected. Its all ok to try to bring the government down by blaming them of everything. But its not ok to start a undeserved panic. I hate this government probably as much as you do and I know they have not done much at all with the money the gotten for the flood prevention. If you look at any of my post you know im anti government.

However there is a difference between fact and fiction, I would gladly wager you that it won't get as bad as in 2011. Actually I am already betting this with myself as I haven't done a thing with my house this time. To bad we can't bet here and enforce it as I would gladly take a 20.000 bt bet with you that I won't get flooded like in 2011 with 20cm water in the house for almost 2 months.

Bangkok pundit got his information (if you even bothered to read up on it) from the dams itself all normal information that is available and not doctored by the government. I just don't like to spread a panic for nothing it stresses people out who have lived through it before. Believe me I would be the first taking precautions if i thought it was as bad as then.