Hua Hin is not flooded

thelongshoot

Parts of it are - most heavily affected as far as I can see: The middle of soi 102 and a couple of Moo Baans in the middle. East and West ends of 102 are fine.

Soi 112 area, patchy flooding

Patches of flooding around Soi's 88, 94

Patches of flooding around Bintabhat areas.

The Petkaserm Road which cuts right through the middle of HH and the main road taking you north to BKK or South to Surat are fine.

Pretty much everything north of the town center is fine. Unless you want to class a few moo baan sois with ankle high water as 'flooded'

I appreciate its not an easy thing to go through in the areas affected but can everyone just calm down a little bit? Saying Hua Hin is 'flooded' is sensationalistic. Its isolated, small areas dotted around mostly just south of the town. Real flooding - see Bangkok 2011. This is nothing in comparison and in my opinion hardly worthy of being labled flooded at all. I went for a spin all around HH hin today and even in the most affected areas there wasnt one road or soi that I could no pass through in my truck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was overkill to call it Hua Hin Flooded, but one positive effect I saw was that most Bangkokians stayed in Bangkok or pestered some other town so that weekend it was a breeze to drive through town, and even finding a parking spot, so I'll say lets, promote Hua Hin as the new 24-7-365 flooded area so the streets are more passable again.