Air China to begin Chiang Mai-Beijing flights

CMfoodie

BEIJING, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Air China Limited, or Air China in short, will introduce a Beijing - Chiang Mai service on November 7. Want to have first-hand experiences of the charming streets depicted in "Lost in Thailand," a 2013 Chinese box-office hit? Fly to Thailand on Air China.

The Beijing - Chiang Mai flights, CA823/4, are operated three times a week on Monday/Thursday/Saturday with the B737-800. The outbound flight departs from Beijing at 18:30 Beijing time and arrives in Chiang Mai at 22:40 local time. The return flight leaves Chiang Mai at 23:45 local time and arrives in Beijing at 05:00 Beijing time.

http://www.airchina.com/th/en/index.shtml

http://www.airchina.com/th/en/travel_information/service_bulletin/latest_travel_information/07/266283.shtml

Air China to Start Triple Daily Flight Service and Chiang Mai-Beijing flights
2013-07-05

Our latest destination Chiang Mai will be launched on November 27,2013
Travel to a destination beyond Bangkok and Phuket

A985CC7B70BA4C2911494D4761F8BB4D.jpg

Today, Air China announces to add its third daily flights to serve Bangkok starting from October 27, 2013.This follows the extension of the second daily flight service to a year round operation several months ago.

Beginning on October 27 2013, Air China will use Boeing737-800 to serve its third daily flights CA809/CA810. That provides more convenience to passengers traveling to or transferring in Beijing to other cities in our route net work.

The flight schedules of three daily Beijing-Bangkok flights plus three weekly Phuket-Beijing flights are listed below: (including the soon to be launched 3 weekly Chiang Mai Beijing non-stop flights)

Flight Number

Operates

Weekly

Departs

Arrives

Aircraft
Type

CA959

March31,2013–
October 26, 2013

Daily operation

Beijing

12:45

Bangkok

17:05

737-800

CA960

March 31,2013– October 26, 2013

Daily operation

Bangkok

18:05

Beijing

23:45

737-800

CA979

Daily operation

Beijing

19:35

Bangkok

23:40

CA980

Daily operation

Bangkok

01:00

Beijing

06:30

CA821

September 22,2013-October 25,2013

Wednesday

Friday

Sunday

Beijing

19:40

Phuket

00:35+1

737-800

CA822

September 22,2013-October 25,2013

Monday

Thursday

Saturday

Phuket

01:40

Beijing

07:45

737-800

CA809

October27,2013 -
March29,2014

Daily

operation

Beijing

00:40

Bangkok

05:05

737-800

CA810

October27,2013 -
March29,2014

Daily

operation

Bangkok

06:10

Beijing

11:50

737-800

CA823

November 7,2013 March 29,2013

Monday,

Thursday,

Saturday

Beijing

16:25

Chiang Mai 20:35

737-800

CA824

November 7,2013 – March 29,2013

Monday,

Thursday,

Saturday

Chiang Mai

23:45

Beijing

05:00+1

737-800

+1* means the flight arrives on the following day.
All times listed above are local times.

You can check our air routes and schedule in real-time by visiting our online booking map: Click here to learn more.

I wonder if they will get many takers at those ridiculous hours. I understand (maybe wrongly) that these type of hours attract less airport dues, but Air China is the nations national airline. Makes me wonder !

I am sure the flights will be close to capacity. No other direct flights from Beijing to Chiangmai.

I wonder if they will get many takers at those ridiculous hours. I understand (maybe wrongly) that these type of hours attract less airport dues, but Air China is the nations national airline. Makes me wonder !

They will be packed to the gills with your fav tour groups.

That is an excellent timing as you get back into Beijing early in the morning and u can skip the mad hour rush for immigration and road traffic

Ha ha, rest assured this is not to make it easier for us CM expats to visit Beijing smile.png.

In a few years, the Chinese may well take over Chiang Mai, not to mention the rest of the world. Businesses, tourists, etc.

Learn to love it.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 2

Ha ha, rest assured this is not to make it easier for us CM expats to visit Beijing smile.png.

In a few years, the Chinese may well take over Chiang Mai, not to mention the rest of the world. Businesses, tourists, etc.

Learn to love it.

I am. :)

So anyway, that's about 500 more Chinese tourists for Chiang mai every week. Good news.

Excellent news as Air China flies to North America as well and gives people a second option (Korean air being the current option) to fly direct to CNX. This is close to the same flight times as the KAL flight. If Air China can have a more reasonble return connection than Korean Air (lengthy transit at Incheon) then it could be a real winner.

Learn to love it.

Don't you mean heaven fordid it? Who in their right mind would want to visit filthy ,congested & polluted Bejing; the festering armpit of e. Asia. As an aside the Chinese have been taking over Chiang Mai since the late 18th century!

Edited by Hugh Jarse

Ha ha, rest assured this is not to make it easier for us CM expats to visit Beijing Posted Image.

Learn to love it.

Don't you mean heaven fordid it? Who in their right mind would want to visit filthy ,congested & polluted Bejing; the festering armpit of e. Asia. As an aside the Chinese have been taking over Chiang Mai since the late 18th century!

If you go to the right places in Beijing it's insightful, cultural and hospitable.

Learn to love it.

Quite surprised how long it took in this thread for China bashing to start, but start it did.

Congrats, you renewed my faith in TV members.

This is an excellent move by China Air. When the Chinese get their 1 million person factory opened in Lao just across from The Golden Triangle it will make it easy for them to get home. The Green Bus business will boom.

I have been to Beijing before about 15 years ago and found it exceptionally good for tourism. Traveled a lot outside of Beijing.