'Strong backing' for scrapping Thai coup-makers' immunity

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This from the man who wants to absolve himself from any responsibility for the deaths, injuries and destruction caused by the red shirts riots he helped lead.

But then he doesn't accept any responsibility for his actions so why the need for absolution?

Ehhh, it was the yellow shirt backed military that is responsible for the coup, the murders, injuries, and destruction, because they had the bullets from sniper rifles and tanks,

and that is why they want to keep the immunity!!! no big surprise there huh.

I wonder just when people will stop trying to re-write history

• Like 2

You have to give PTP one thing, they are always consistent " we re always right and everybody else always wrong ".

Oh by the way we do want openness, transparency and reconcilliation so just do everything we say and all will be just fine.

Does that mean that you agree with coups and the fact that the perpetrators can absolve themselves from all responsibility?

Not saying I agree with it but it has been standard practice for the army to absolve themselves after every coup. The fact is Weng wants to have the military tried for the killings but does not seem to want the protesters to be charged with murder & mayhem.

• Like 1

Ehhh, it was the yellow shirt backed military that is responsible for the coup, the murders, injuries, and destruction, because they had the bullets from sniper rifles and tanks,

Just check out via the public domain the exhortations to violence arson and general civil disorder (along with that very entertaining invasion of a hospital too) made by the assorted leaders of the assorted Red Shirt factions at the time of the civil disorder. You might do wel to review the rants and threats made by a renegade senior military officer too.

Also check out Thaksins offer and confirmation of 500 baht per day as his sponsorship for those actually the civil disorder, again you will see the I.D. cards being held by Thaksins followers as a security against default (i.e. cutting and running) by the paid for 500 baht per day protesters.

All those incriminating clips are still freely available on the public domain.

Thaksin and his clan and their brown nosing acolytes are the culprits who wish to rewrite history so as they can escape the consequences of their treasonable acts. No doubt if they are brought to trial we shall hear yet again that classic infamous trite Nuremberg defense. '' i was only acting on orders from a higher level."

Indeed there are non so blind or so deaf as those who do not wish to see or hear the truth

• Like 2

This from the man who wants to absolve himself from any responsibility for the deaths, injuries and destruction caused by the red shirts riots he helped lead.

But then he doesn't accept any responsibility for his actions so why the need for absolution?

And Weng tried the same with AK47 armed red shirts but failed.....Causing a lot deaths.

While no one died on the Army coup.

OOHHH really you think??? try a little history lesson, October 6th 1976,

fab4 post # 10

Does that mean that you agree with coups and the fact that the perpetrators can absolve themselves from all responsibility?

Methinks that you are unable or unwilling to appreciate the irony of that comment or instead of irony we could say sarcasm.

No no

Thaksins deceased puppet Samak reiterated that no -one died as a result of military involvement in that incident.

Thaksins friends wer and still are indeed somewhat economical with the truth as wella s creative with facts as is Thaksin himself and his supporters are in fact truth be known they have never been acquainted with the truth it is an alien concept to them

• Like 1

No no

Thaksins deceased puppet Samak reiterated that no -one died as a result of military involvement in that incident.

Thaksins friends wer and still are indeed somewhat economical with the truth as wella s creative with facts as is Thaksin himself and his supporters are in fact truth be known they have never been acquainted with the truth it is an alien concept to them

I think Samak was interior minister at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thammasat_University_massacre

Some images here https://www.google.co.th/search?q=thailand+student+uprising+1976&client=firefox-beta&hs=4UU&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HzNWUru7McXPrQe6n4CQAg&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1664&bih=817&dpr=1.15

Why doesn't Weng demand justice for these crimes & the 1992 deaths?

Edited by Valentine

And Weng tried the same with AK47 armed red shirts but failed.....Causing a lot deaths.

I doubt he meant this coup....

• Like 1

You have to give PTP one thing, they are always consistent " we re always right and everybody else always wrong ".

Oh by the way we do want openness, transparency and reconcilliation so just do everything we say and all will be just fine.

Not saying I agree with it but it has been standard practice for the army to absolve themselves after every coup. The fact is Weng wants to have the military tried for the killings but does not seem to want the protesters to be charged with murder & mayhem.

I don't think you'll find that Weng and others will have any problem with anyone being charged with "murder and mayhem" if sufficient evidence has been brought and proved to be true.

However, the Coup of 2006 and its associated self granted amnesty is the topic, not the events of 2010.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

If there was no coup, there would have been no red shirts.

If there were no yellow shirts, there would have been no coup.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This topic is not able to be discussed properly anyway due to forum rules and Thai laws so the discussion is baseless and thus directionless when we cannot even hint at or acknowledge some of the true reasons behind it.

The only way forward for Thailand is there is no way forward... yet, but it seems to me if that they are unable to take responsibility for the simplest of mistakes or actions in everyday life, facing the consequences like adults, then resolution on this current situation is either impossible, or must be absolute.

• Like 2

What does 1976 have to do with the yellow shirts or the current constitution?

• Like 1

At the end of the day if the military stayed out of it and let democracy take it's course then there would not be any immunity or cancellation of it in question.

The Thaksin bashers keep (forgetting) that, or maybe they do support a little coup here and there when it suits them which would be any time they loose yet another election.

I just sayinwhistling.gif

• Like 1

At the end of the day if the military stayed out of it and let democracy take it's course then there would not be any immunity or cancellation of it in question.

The Thaksin bashers keep (forgetting) that, or maybe they do support a little coup here and there when it suits them which would be any time they loose yet another election.

One coup in 20 years. Looks like they might be learning.

yes but first you need to establish democracy. They coup maker tried that with the new constitution, which gives the people more rights, establish independent agencies and improves the separation of power.

Unfortunately the constitution is faulty and does nothing efficient against vote buying.

So how to get democracy first. I don't expect that the undemocratic government will do anything to establish democracy. So you need an event, a revolution, a coup...something.

Better having a coup than having the Shinawattra clan making Thailand their private property, similar to North Korea.

fab4 post # 10

Methinks that you are unable or unwilling to appreciate the irony of that comment or instead of irony we could say sarcasm.

Please explain the irony or sarcasm in my statement?

yes but first you need to establish democracy. They coup maker tried that with the new constitution, which gives the people more rights, establish independent agencies and improves the separation of power.

Unfortunately the constitution is faulty and does nothing efficient against vote buying.

So how to get democracy first. I don't expect that the undemocratic government will do anything to establish democracy. So you need an event, a revolution, a coup...something.

Better having a coup than having the Shinawattra clan making Thailand their private property, similar to North Korea.

" yes but first you need to establish democracy" OK here's some democracy for you...

1. In January Thaksin had a sweeping victory at the polls winning a larger popular mandate (40%) than any Thai prime minister has ever had in freely elected national assembly.

2.Thaksin won a majority in election in February 2005 giving him a second consecutive term.

3.In February 2006 Thaksin called for a snap election in April, the opposition boycotted the elections causing the constitutional court to latter nullify the results, another election was scheduled for October 2006

4.On 19 September with the prime minister in New York for a meeting of the United nations general assembly, Army commander-in-chief launched a coup ''d'état, the October elections were canceled the 1997 constitution was abrogated Parliament was dissolved Thaksin's diplomatic passport was cancelled.

5. General election December 2007 the People Power Party won the majority of seats parliament and democratic rule was restored...

you know the rest mate,

Like I said no coup no immunity or calls for cancellations.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware the route to democracy does not include the right to tear up a constitution written by the citizens of that country ( a fact disregarded by the Constitutional Court when holding up the Military written constitution as a shining example of how to do it to the PTP - did they have a chance at a referendum before the Army wrote the new Constitution?) and then holding a rigged referendum (a large number of provinces under military rule and no "No" campaigning, amongst other blocks to a free vote) that upheld their new version with an inbuilt amnesty clause.

Do you honestly believe the Constitution was to help the people of Thailand?

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1