Pattaya to Nong Chok by bus?

NotWhatItWasnt

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with how to do this journey from Pattaya to Nong Chok? Is it possible by bus as I'm on a budget?

I know I can do the jorney by bus from Bangkok

The place I will eventually be going is here,

Wat Prayong International Meditation Center, 22 Moo 4 Prachasamran Road, Klong 12, Nong Chok, 10530 Bangkok, Thailand

Thanks for looking at my post.

John

Pattaya to Chachoengsao, then Chachoengsao to Nong Chok (about 30km). I can't be exact on what transport to take from Chachoengsao, as I have never done it by public transport, but I would imagine minibuses ply the route. Alternatively, get a on bus to Bkk which will take you down Thanon Suwinthawong. Get off when you near Nong Chok and hop in a taxi, which would be considerably less than 100 baht. There's never a problem getting taxis to use a meter around that way.

Whichever way you go you will need to change at either Ekamai or the airport.

I would go to the airport, then get a bus to Min Buri, then get a song taew along Suwintawong as noted above, then either change to another song taew or get a motorcycle taxi from Suwintawong.

If you are unable to read or speak Thai, just get a taxi from Min Buri, will be less than 200 baht.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, I've been advised to get the bus from Jomtiem to suvarnabhumi airport and then take a taxi meter to from there, then its about 180 baht to the temple with a taxi meter.

Once again thanks for taking time to read and reply to my post and for your advice.

Best Regards

John

all above are wrong-as seems usual for TV on out-of-the-normal transport options.

There ARE direct buses from Sukhumvit main rd. along PTY-via Cholburi-Chachoengsao, heading to BKk/MOchit-ev 30/40 mins, route nr 57, coming off Rayong, 2nd. cl bus.

These will stop-make this very clear- at the turn off for NC, just before it reaches Minburi. There is a -not very frequent- BMTA private citybus runing Minb-that junction-NC, ending at the market, No idea where that wat is-but most of those aiming at sedate meditation are likely to be far out of town.

From BUS station at Swampy, take any Minburi bound bus or van-549, then the other bus-as noted, or taxi, or minivan. ASK-when there-Thai seem no need at all to know all that adavnce-so you may be able to even adapt too.