TAT reveals marketing plans to boost tourism in last quarter of 2013

webfact

TAT reveals marketing plans to boost tourism in last quarter of 2013

BANGKOK, 11th October 2013 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed its marketing plans for the fourth quarter of 2013.

According to Wilaiwan Tawishsri, Deputy Governor for the products and tourism business sector, the TAT's plan will place emphasis on organizing the nation's festive occasions such as the “Loy Kratong” festival, to be held in November, in large cities. In Bangkok, the TAT plans to set up decorative lighting displays in tourist attractions such as Asiatique and along the Chao Phraya river.

As for the New Year celebrations, the TAT will organize countdown activities in major tourist cities such as Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya, and Had Yai, as well as boosting tourism spending by both Thai and foreign tourists with a Visa Card Shopping Discount campaign, which is held annually.

The TAT will also host an international supermodel pageant “Elite Model Look Thailand 2013” in Chiang Mai in the hope of boosting domestic travelling. The event will be held in the high season and is expected to attract a large number of contestants from many countries.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-11 footer_n.gif

Oh I just had to click on this one. I have a better idea. Provide free buses for visa runs, but only if the people go around and come through twice for two free stamps.

The average tourist comes here for 2 weeks so why on earth would they need to provide free buses and visa stamps for them?

Have you got any more bright ideas for TAT?

• Like 1

How about this for a slogan: "Planes that land with their markings intact!" "Trains that stay on the track!" "Safe, courteous bus drivers; well maintained buses." "Courteous, well-mannered, intelligent drivers on the road!" "English spoken here!"

• Like 2

Oh I just had to click on this one. I have a better idea. Provide free buses for visa runs, but only if the people go around and come through twice for two free stamps.

The average tourist comes here for 2 weeks so why on earth would they need to provide free buses and visa stamps for them?

Have you got any more bright ideas for TAT?

I do believe Neversure was being sarcastic . TAT counts every border entry as a tourist, hence the huge numbers.

post-9891-0-21532900-1381476938_thumb.jp

• Like 2

How about this for a slogan: "Planes that land with their markings intact!" "Trains that stay on the track!" "Safe, courteous bus drivers; well maintained buses." "Courteous, well-mannered, intelligent drivers on the road!" "English spoken here!"

You make my belly jumping...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why do they need to boost tourism ? I thought and according to the TAT figures that tourism is increasing a lot ....

Thailand and Bangkok is now the most visited Country/City in the world but considering how much money it brings both the people and the government it makes sense to look at growing it further.

Of course the other side of the coin is that more tourists means more money, which leads to things being more expensive, which will then reduce tourism because people come here for a cheap holiday.

Why do they need to boost tourism ? I thought and according to the TAT figures that tourism is increasing a lot ....

I agree. Articles like this one just make me yawn. With so many other far more important things that the government should be doing, like trying to reduce the road toll, with the year nearly finished we need to read another boring article about how the TAT wants to promote a country that everyone already knows about or has been to. I think the TAT officials should get a life - at some point there needs to be a limit on how many tourists enter Thailand - there can't be 500 million a year.

• Like 1

Thailand and Bangkok is now the most visited Country/City in the world but considering how much money it brings both the people and the government it makes sense to look at growing it further.

Of course the other side of the coin is that more tourists means more money, which leads to things being more expensive, which will then reduce tourism because people come here for a cheap holiday.

That's far from true - Bangkok was merely voted as the number 1 tourist destination according to some poll or magazine, in terms of what contributors thought about it, not in terms of absolute visitor numbers. MasterCard I believe it was boasted that it was right up there in terms of spending but that doesn't equate to visitor numbers. Even in Asia, China and Malaysia receive more visitors than Thailand does. I'm not going to dig up statistics, but do a quick google search and you'll see that China received something like 55-60 million visitors last year, while Malaysia got around 25 million.

Edited by Tomtomtom69
  • Like 1

Which statistics are you looking at? The last tourist / travel research I saw showed Paris is still the most visited city in the world.

Which statistics are you looking at? The last tourist / travel research I saw showed Paris is still the most visited city in the world.

According to these two recent reports, Bangkok is the most visited city but when it comes to the most visited country Thailand is number 15.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23433149

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2013/06/07/bangkok-tops-the-worlds-10-most-visited-cities/

How about jet skiing in the flooded provinces....anybody can jet ski in the ocean; but jet skiing in flooded rice paddies or down main street of a small provincial town is a different experience. And maybe an hourly rental discount could be offered if you deliver some food & water to flood victims.

There's an ex-MP who could run the main street jet skiing section as he has experience around Don Muang.

You make my belly jumping...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So will the planes, trains and buses.

My feelings too. Thailand will eventually price itself out of the market and Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam will be the new destinations for cost concious travelers which is already underway.